Sign in to follow this  
SyNdicateZ

The New England Patriots 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

3 of the wins were against playoff teams.

You are way off here man. Fins were an average NFL team over the 2nd half of the season. Not the dumpster fire you are describing.

Wow dude you are really reaching into desperation mode with your factoid. So let's give some context to this construct of they won  5 of their last 9 and 3 against playoff teams that you gave us to support how good the Dolphins were. 

So lets correct some facts, they played 3 playoff teams and  beat TWO teams not 3.

The 2 playoff teams you are hanging your hat on :

They beat a 5-7 Eagles team who made the playoffs because Dallas choked in the NFC east, the worst division in the NFL and only the Eagles had a winning record in the divsion of 9-7😂

They beat the 12-4 Patriots  🤔

Both of  the playoff teams were knocked out in the Wild card round. 😮

The other 3 wins you are hanging your hat on were:

They beat a struggling 5-4 colts that was coming off a loss without Brisset and Hoyer was the QB 

The beat a 1-14 bengals team 🤣

They beat a 5-8 Jets team 😂

The losses which you don't mention:

They lost to a 3-11 NY Giants team

They lost to the 7-3 Bills

They lost to a 5-6 Browns team

They lost to a 5-8 jets team

So out of those 9 teams they played which you are standing by in terms of Mimi was better than my assessment, only 3. . I will repeat THREE had winning records at the time they played Miaimi. 🤣

My assessment that they beat primarily weak teams is AGAIN spot on! Context behind the numbers dude 😂

Seriously dude please stop with the I am way off on how bad the Dolphins were.  I am spot on about how bad they were and that the pats should not have lost to them.

Stop pumping up Miami up to soften the fact of how the Pats failed miserably against them.

I am 100% correct that the Patriots choked against a BAD Miami team 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

That  Miami team you say is full of practice squad players & journeymen put up 27 points against the #3 ranked defense. 

I blame the defense in that game and I can bet if you asked every defensive player on the Pats they would tell you they were to blame. As usual your full of hot air. 

Oh so i stated the facts correctly that a rag tag bunch of players beat the #3 defense in football? Which means you agree with me. 🤣

Now let's look at the other side of the ball, how do you explain away that the 12-4 pats offense led by the current GOAT only out up 24pts against the number 30 ranked defense?

The same defense that the  1-14 Bengals put up 35pts and 3-11 giants 36  the prior 2 weeks?

As usual your fandom likes to be selective in how you view your team. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Oh so i stated the facts correctly that a rag tag bunch of players beat the #3 defense in football? Which means you agree with me. 🤣

Now let's look at the other side of the ball, how do you explain away that the 12-4 pats offense led by the current GOAT only out up 24pts against the number 30 ranked defense?

The same defense that the  1-14 Bengals put up 35pts and 3-11 giants 36  the prior 2 weeks?

As usual your fandom likes to be selective in how you view your team. 

The Pats offense sucked because the had no WR(Edelman was hurt) , no FB (which is key in the Pats O) starting C on IR plus Wynn was never right, 3 TE that couldn't block a paper bag and the only reliable offense player was James White...Everybody knew the Pats D was the key to them making the playoffs and having a 12-4 record, they crapped the bed on the last drive...I'm 100% right! Think it's time I thump my chest!

Edited by hockeyfan77
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hockeyfan77 said:

The Pats offense sucked because the had no WR(Edelman was hurt) , no FB (which is key in the Pats O) starting C on IR plus Wynn was never right, 3 TE that couldn't block a paper bag and the only reliable offense player was James White...Everybody knew the Pats D was the key to them making the playoffs and having a 12-4 record, they crapped the bed on the last drive...

So nothing whatsoever to do with a possible decline in the starting QB’s skills?

Just now, BMcP said:

So nothing whatsoever to do with a possible decline in the starting QB’s skills?

Of course, but I don't think it had as much to do as some posters are thinking....Was Brady at his best last season, hell no, did he have his worst supporting cast in a long time, yeah, that's was the worst Pat's O in a long time...

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BMcP said:

FYI Tom Brady and the Patriots have participated in four out of the last six Super Bowls. With his declining skills Tom has won two out of the last four Super Bowls  boom slam bam thank you man 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Of course, but I don't think it had as much to do as some posters are thinking....Was Brady at his best last season, hell no, did he have his worst supporting cast in a long time, yeah, that's was the worst Pat's O in a long time...

I’m just wondering, for purposes of 2020, how they plan to substantially upgrade the O - or D for that matter.  A lot of players are either hitting FA or getting up in age - bringing Brady back will not leave them with a lot of cap space.

I think the D will be fine, they need to find a TE that can block(hopefully can catch too)...I think the O-line will be fine if Andrews can come back(big question) and a healthy Wynn...They also need one of the rookie WR to make the 2nd year leap maybe sign a cheap slot WR?   Getting Devlin back will help more than people think, he opens up the running game which in turns help the passing game(play action) and gives the o-line a little more time to block

Edited by hockeyfan77

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

FYI Tom Brady and the Patriots have participated in four out of the last six Super Bowls. With his declining skills Tom has won two out of the last four Super Bowls  boom slam bam thank you man 

Decline in skills confirmed by die-hard fan.  Thank you, man.

Of corse his skills slowly decline. Some throws agains the Rams were very wobbely. But not seeing that - especially at the end of last season - the 19/20 team was the worst offense support cast Brady ever had. No O-Line including FB, no field stretching WR and no TE.

Let them sign Austin Hooper, Hunter Henry and a good deep threat, have the O-Line be healthy and then we can decide how the Brady situation is.

Side Note: I'm pretty sure the 49er would have beat the Chiefs if Brady was under Center. The mental errors Jimmy G did in the 4th quarter will bug him for a long time. Sorry for off topic :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BMcP said:

Decline in skills confirmed by die-hard fan.  Thank you, man.

Yup, of course he is declining but he is still better than most...That's how good he is/was: People think it's all about arm strength ( and to a certain degree it is), but if you don't have accuracy or a quick release, you will not last long in the NFL...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Of corse his skills slowly decline. Some throws agains the Rams were very wobbely. But not seeing that - especially at the end of last season - the 19/20 team was the worst offense support cast Brady ever had. No O-Line including FB, no field stretching WR and no TE.

Let them sign Austin Hooper, Hunter Henry and a good deep threat, have the O-Line be healthy and then we can decide how the Brady situation is.

Side Note: I'm pretty sure the 49er would have beat the Chiefs if Brady was under Center. The mental errors Jimmy G did in the 4th quarter will bug him for a long time. Sorry for off topic :) 

Out of curiosity, are you seriously expecting them to sign both Hooper and Henry?

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, dashoe said:

Wow dude you are really reaching into desperation mode with your factoid. So let's give some context to this construct of they won  5 of their last 9 and 3 against playoff teams that you gave us to support how good the Dolphins were. 

So lets correct some facts, they played 3 playoff teams and  beat TWO teams not 3.

The 2 playoff teams you are hanging your hat on :

They beat a 5-7 Eagles team who made the playoffs because Dallas choked in the NFC east, the worst division in the NFL and only the Eagles had a winning record in the divsion of 9-7😂

They beat the 12-4 Patriots  🤔

Both of  the playoff teams were knocked out in the Wild card round. 😮

The other 3 wins you are hanging your hat on were:

They beat a struggling 5-4 colts that was coming off a loss without Brisset and Hoyer was the QB 

The beat a 1-14 bengals team 🤣

They beat a 5-8 Jets team 😂

The losses which you don't mention:

They lost to a 3-11 NY Giants team

They lost to the 7-3 Bills

They lost to a 5-6 Browns team

They lost to a 5-8 jets team

So out of those 9 teams they played which you are standing by in terms of Mimi was better than my assessment, only 3. . I will repeat THREE had winning records at the time they played Miaimi. 🤣

My assessment that they beat primarily weak teams is AGAIN spot on! Context behind the numbers dude 😂

Seriously dude please stop with the I am way off on how bad the Dolphins were.  I am spot on about how bad they were and that the pats should not have lost to them.

Stop pumping up Miami up to soften the fact of how the Pats failed miserably against them.

I am 100% correct that the Patriots choked against a BAD Miami team 🤣

They 100% choked.

Maybe just try watching the games though? Miami was playing decent ball second half of season. You made them sound like the worst team every assembled. You were wrong. I am done talking about it.

I wonder who the Brady fans will blame for the offense putting up 13 points and Brady going 20/37 209 0/1.

I’m sure the defense somehow lost this game. 

13 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

I think the D will be fine, they need to find a TE that can block(hopefully can catch too)...I think the O-line will be fine if Andrews can come back(big question) and a healthy Wynn...They also need one of the rookie WR to make the 2nd year leap maybe sign a cheap slot WR?   Getting Devlin back will help more than people think, he opens up the running game which in turns help the passing game(play action) and gives the o-line a little more time to block

What version of Develin should we expect upon his return, assuming he is ready to play in 2020?  Are we expecting N’Keal or converted QB Jakobi to take a significant leap forward next season?  If so, why?

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Out of curiosity, are you seriously expecting them to sign both Hooper and Henry?

Let's say this statement was more on the "I wish" and "Madden 20 Franchise Mode" side of things ;)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BMcP said:

What version of Develin should we expect upon his return, assuming he is ready to play in 2020?  Are we expecting N’Keal or converted QB Jakobi to take a significant leap forward next season?  If so, why?

Devlin, the one who blocks hopefully he will be healthy....I think Harry could definitely take a step forward, he showed flashes last year, just made rookie mistakes: Myers could step forward as a good slot WR(he flashed as well), he just never seems to be on the same page as Brady... To answer you 3rd question, they would rookies last year so hopefully more familiarly with the offense, more reps with Brady, will help them get better:  as happens with a lot of rookies, they were up and down in their play   

4 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Devlin, the one who blocks hopefully he will be healthy....I think Harry could definitely take a step forward, he showed flashes last year, just made rookie mistakes: Myers could step forward as a good slot WR(he flashed as well), he just never seems to be on the same page as Brady... To answer you 3rd question, they would rookies last year so hopefully more familiarly with the offense, more reps with Brady, will help them get better:  as happens with a lot of rookies, they were up and down in their play   

I’m not convinced Develin will be fully healthy next season.  The whole problem is these WRs are not on Brady’s page.  That could change, I don’t know.

Edited by BMcP

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I’m not convinced Develin will be fully healthy next season.  The whole problem is these WRs are not on Brady’s page.  That could change, I don’t know.

I'm not sure about Devlin either, not much info about him online that I can find....I think the WR need more reps with Brady, they were kind of just tossed into the wolves last season with injuries and A Brown situation...Henry didn't play until week 8 or 9, somewhere around there: started on the PUP

20 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

The dude both played with the human cheat code for eight solid seasons

2 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

It was a cheat code invented by humans, yes

6 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

🤔

I see that Brady's former teammate Christian Fauria is publicly opining that New England is 100% done with Brady, and would not want him back for $30 million or even $13 million.  That contradicts the public statements of Robert Kraft, but Belichick has remained strangely silent.  Fauria thinks all the leaks are designed to placate the fanbase and make everyone think it was Brady's choice to leave, when in fact it is the team's secret desire.

30 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I see that Brady's former teammate Christian Fauria is publicly opining that New England is 100% done with Brady, and would not want him back for $30 million or even $13 million.  That contradicts the public statements of Robert Kraft, but Belichick has remained strangely silent.  Fauria thinks all the leaks are designed to placate the fanbase and make everyone think it was Brady's choice to leave, when in fact it is the team's secret desire.

Oh sure 🍩 if you say so. He did not say 100%. I heard him just a little while ago on WEEI, he bumped his prediction to 99.6% from yesterday’s 96.8%, and then those three knuckleheads were laughing because the columnist at the New York Post thinks Faruia is a qualified source, since I guess there is an article in today’s paper. Merloni & Ordway are in stitches. 

Edited by shakestreet