Sign in to follow this  
SyNdicateZ

The New England Patriots 2020 Outlook

Fauria might be way off, but his theory is one possible explanation for all the posturing that both sides are putting out there.

4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Fauria might be way off, but his theory is one possible explanation for all the posturing that both sides are putting out there.

Posturing? lol ūüėĚ

Tom Brady is another free agent QB just like Brees, Rivers etc... the media is obsessed with the Patriots. Click bait. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Belichick has remained strangely silent.  

Strangely? BB doesn't talk about anything like this. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Posturing? lol ūüėĚ

Tom Brady is another free agent QB just like Brees, Rivers etc... the media is obsessed with the Patriots. Click bait. 

He's not just like any QB.

He spent his entire career with the Patriots AND is considered the GOAT by most people. How can you say he is like any other free agent? Makes absolutely no sense. 

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

He's not just like any QB.

He spent his entire career with the Patriots AND is considered the GOAT by most people. How can you say he is like any other free agent? Makes absolutely no sense. 

TB haters are irrational.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

TB haters are irrational.

As are TB lovers

I am a dispassionate observer.  

Most likely outcome is still Tom Brady to the Patriots.  

And I love it.  

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I am a dispassionate observer.  

Most likely outcome is still Tom Brady to the Patriots.  

And I love it.  

I want him to go to Dallas. 

Imagine Brady going to one of the most hated franchises in all of sports. 

21 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I want him to go to Dallas. 

Imagine Brady going to one of the most hated franchises in all of sports. 

The best story is if he goes to Miami IMo. The 2 games against NE will be nuts

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

The best story is if he goes to Miami IMo. The 2 games against NE will be nuts

While I don’t think DAL is realistic MIA has absolutely no chance of happening.

If he leaves he’s going to a team with plenty of weapons. Like Chargers or Dallas but they have Dak so doubt it. 

8 hours ago, Gohawks said:

While I don’t think DAL is realistic MIA has absolutely no chance of happening.

If he leaves he’s going to a team with plenty of weapons. Like Chargers or Dallas but they have Dak so doubt it. 

Cooper, Zeke and Gallup aren't plenty of weapons. And Cooper isn't even sure cause they would have to pay Brady too.

47 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

Cooper, Zeke and Gallup aren't plenty of weapons.

Probably not for a QB of Daks caliber

3 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Cooper, Zeke and Gallup aren't plenty of weapons. And Cooper isn't even sure cause they would have to pay Brady too.

Lol what? 

A top 3 RB, good line, and top 10-15 WR isn’t enough? What does a QB need? The pro bowl team?

Brady is going to stay in New England.  Belichick will bring in a bunch of marginal vets at WR and TE.  The offense will stink again.  They will make the playoffs because their division will continue to be a bad joke.  And they will be one-and-done in the wild card round.  And I will love every minute of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Brady is going to stay in New England.  Belichick will bring in a bunch of marginal vets at WR and TE.  The offense will stink again.  They will make the playoffs because their division will continue to be a bad joke.  And they will be one-and-done in the wild card round.  And I will love every minute of it.

Go swim with sharks ūüėÄ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2020 at 4:10 PM, shakestreet said:

Posturing? lol ūüėĚ

The media and literally EVERYONE else who follows the sport. You have the fans and then you have those who dedicate their lives to telling the fans why they don't like Tom Brady and the Patriots (see this thread and all other NE centric threads within this message board for easy access examples). LOL.

Edited by ThreadKiller

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Interesting. You should think about finding yourself a hobby, man. Finding so much joy on the internet because a team you don't root for (yet spend as much time as fans talking about) is bizarre.

There are teams I don't care for too. But over the years, I could not care less about anything they do or don't do nor do I spend energy thinking about it or telling others about it. Mind boggling.

Edited by ThreadKiller

25 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Go swim with sharks ūüėÄ

When would he find the time to do that? It would interfere with time spent on the internet telling strangers how much he hates the Patriots.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they build this team. The team needs an injection of youth due to so many missed draft picks over the years. Adding weapons (whatever Brady deems good enough weapons) AND being able to keep Brady while replenishing the defense (lots of age and FAs) is going to be a tall task.

They have plenty of draft picks but the issue is that so many of them are late picks. They really need to nail this draft.

I don't want to see a repeat of this year where the offense surrounding Brady just isn't good enough to compliment the defense.

Edited by ThreadKiller

New England started 8-0 playing the worst competition imaginable in 2019.  We are talking the New York Jets without Sam Bradford, the Josh Rosen Dolphins, just awful teams.

Then, in the second half of the season, they started playing some quality opponents.  In the Baltimore game, the Kansas City game, they were clearly outclassed.

Adding a good rookie or two or a cheap free agent WR is not going to be enough to turn that around.  And I think Belichick knows this.  The defense is still pretty good, but it might be time to start over on offense.

Let's test the Tom Brady knowledge of those in this thread: what happens on 3-18-20 by 4:00 EST if Brady has not signed an extension with New England?

• Thanks 1

Correct.  UFA on 3-18-20 with a cap hit of $13.5 to New England if no extension because the last two years of the contract void.  So Brady can't "fully experience the free agent process" without first declaring war on his current team.

13 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

New England started 8-0 playing the worst competition imaginable in 2019.  We are talking the New York Jets without Sam Bradford, the Josh Rosen Dolphins, just awful teams.

Then, in the second half of the season, they started playing some quality opponents.  In the Baltimore game, the Kansas City game, they were clearly outclassed.

Adding a good rookie or two or a cheap free agent WR is not going to be enough to turn that around.  And I think Belichick knows this.  The defense is still pretty good, but it might be time to start over on offense.

Let's test the Tom Brady knowledge of those in this thread: what happens on 3-18-20 by 4:00 EST if Brady has not signed an extension with New England?

Not super important but, Pats were not clearly outclassed vs KC. They would have won the game with better refs. 

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2020 at 12:33 PM, ThreadKiller said:

The media and literally EVERYONE else who follows the sport. You have the fans and then you have those who dedicate their lives to telling the fans why they don't like Tom Brady and the Patriots (see this thread and all other NE centric threads within this message board for easy access examples). LOL.

There's no doubt just based on his legacy and popularity that this storyline will be milked dry. But that comes with the territory of being one of the most liked players ever to play the game. That being said, not everyone who follows the NFL cares. Despite what he's done in the past, he's just not the best of the best anymore. And equally as important, his fantasy impact will be marginal at best. It'll¬†be interesting¬†to hear where he lands, but it's hard to really get excited about a 42 year old QB's prospects. ūüėē