Sign in to follow this  
tonycpsu

NBA Waiver Wire Thread 2019-2020 Week 16

tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 16 of the 2019-2020 NBA season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 16 of the 2019-2020 NBA season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Terence Davis II as long as Norm Powell is out.

Jalen Brunson as long as Luka is out.

Josh Hart?

• Like 1

Remember everyone, the trade deadline is Thursday.  You could easily waste all your waiver moves by then. Save them, because you have no idea who be relevant.  Look at Matt Smith,  Josh Lloyd, Dan Besbris, Adam Wojnarowski, Bobby Mark's, Fantasy Labs NBA all on twitter. I even get alerts when they tweet. You got to.stay ahead of the competition.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Players owned in 50% of the leagues, or less:

Nerlens Noel (48%)
Glenn Robinson III (33%)
Danuel House Jr. (32%)
Trevor Ariza (36%)
Cody Zeller (45%)

Players owned in 25% of the leagues, or less:

Jalen Brunson (23%)
Patty Mills (8%)

Shake Milton (7%)
Jae Crowder (22%)
Terence Davis (4%)

*Avoid Bulls games this week (or ROS – they’re horrible – did you see Boylen take a time out with 1:40 to play in a blowout loss?). They only play twice.

Last week’s suggestions:

Jerami Grant (44%) – #16 overall over past week. Having that incredible 7 block game helped a lot, but Grant is having a great run as a starter. 3 threes, 2.8 blocks, 1.5 steals over past week. Add to that 15 pts, 4.3 reb and just 1 to per game, and you understand why he’s ranked so high.
Kris Dunn (31%) – Out with sprained MCL, no timetable for return. Safe drop. For a quick replacement, look at Luguentz Dort.
Reggie Jackson (35%) – Came back with a vengeance – just don’t count the stinker vs Toronto. With Rose missing some time, he’s a hold in my book.
Maxi Kleber (50%) – Dallas brought in WCS, yet Kleber held a top 60 overall ranking the past week, with averages of 2.3 blocks, 10 pts, 5 reb and 0.5 TO. 48.3/100 shooting splits help as well.
Shabazz Napier (24%) – Trucking on with 9 ast per game over past week, 2 steals, 1.5 threes and 5 reb. Hold.
Landry Shamet (16%) – For some reason he was dropped in my dynasty league, so I was able to swoop in and claim him. 12.5 ppg, 3.5 threes, 50% fg and no turnovers. Curious to see what the Clippers will do around the deadline, as it’s rumoured they want a wing defender and a big man. Shamet ranks #115 over past week.
Seth Curry (16%) – Much like Shamet, low TO, decent %’s and some threes.
Marquese Chriss (8%) – Top 75 over past week, and eventhough he’s on a two-way currently, I think the Warriors want to hold on. They also cleared a roster spot with the WCS trade. I’m still not a huge fan of his BBall IQ, but he’s put up 2.7 stocks and low TO over the past week. I’ll take it.
Malik Monk (4%) – Still the same Monk. Bet, Knicks are gonna trade for him.
Ian Mahinmi (11%) – Bryant is back, and I can see Ian’s minutes decline rapidly. Still will provide the occasional block/steal output.
Thon Maker (1%) –  Fighting Wood for minutes, and seems to have the upper hand. If you’re into these types of players, hold until it’s sure Drummond isn’t traded (or doesn’t bring back PF/C pieces).
Doug McDermott (5%) – Minutes took big hit with Dipo coming back. TJ Warren now in the concussion protocol, but it won’t be Dougie who’ll see increased minutes.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, perkinsfor3 said:
Players owned in 50% of the leagues, or less:

Nerlens Noel (48%)
Glenn Robinson III (33%)
Danuel House Jr. (32%)
Trevor Ariza (36%)
Cody Zeller (45%)

Players owned in 25% of the leagues, or less:

Jalen Brunson (23%)
Patty Mills (8%)

Shake Milton (7%)
Jae Crowder (22%)
Terence Davis (4%)

*Avoid Bulls games this week (or ROS – they’re horrible – did you see Boylen take a time out with 1:40 to play in a blowout loss?). They only play twice.

Last week’s suggestions:

Jerami Grant (44%) – #16 overall over past week. Having that incredible 7 block game helped a lot, but Grant is having a great run as a starter. 3 threes, 2.8 blocks, 1.5 steals over past week. Add to that 15 pts, 4.3 reb and just 1 to per game, and you understand why he’s ranked so high.
Kris Dunn (31%) – Out with sprained MCL, no timetable for return. Safe drop. For a quick replacement, look at Luguentz Dort.
Reggie Jackson (35%) – Came back with a vengeance – just don’t count the stinker vs Toronto. With Rose missing some time, he’s a hold in my book.
Maxi Kleber (50%) – Dallas brought in WCS, yet Kleber held a top 60 overall ranking the past week, with averages of 2.3 blocks, 10 pts, 5 reb and 0.5 TO. 48.3/100 shooting splits help as well.
Shabazz Napier (24%) – Trucking on with 9 ast per game over past week, 2 steals, 1.5 threes and 5 reb. Hold.
Landry Shamet (16%) – For some reason he was dropped in my dynasty league, so I was able to swoop in and claim him. 12.5 ppg, 3.5 threes, 50% fg and no turnovers. Curious to see what the Clippers will do around the deadline, as it’s rumoured they want a wing defender and a big man. Shamet ranks #115 over past week.
Seth Curry (16%) – Much like Shamet, low TO, decent %’s and some threes.
Marquese Chriss (8%) – Top 75 over past week, and eventhough he’s on a two-way currently, I think the Warriors want to hold on. They also cleared a roster spot with the WCS trade. I’m still not a huge fan of his BBall IQ, but he’s put up 2.7 stocks and low TO over the past week. I’ll take it.
Malik Monk (4%) – Still the same Monk. Bet, Knicks are gonna trade for him.
Ian Mahinmi (11%) – Bryant is back, and I can see Ian’s minutes decline rapidly. Still will provide the occasional block/steal output.
Thon Maker (1%) –  Fighting Wood for minutes, and seems to have the upper hand. If you’re into these types of players, hold until it’s sure Drummond isn’t traded (or doesn’t bring back PF/C pieces).
Doug McDermott (5%) – Minutes took big hit with Dipo coming back. TJ Warren now in the concussion protocol, but it won’t be Dougie who’ll see increased minutes.

Really says something when your picks for the week have all been picked up in my league. Great work as always though!

• Like 2

DFS seems a good shout at a streamer with doncic out, getting alot of usage