DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, joshua18 said:

I can see most of y’all didn’t win your leagues last year. Freeman was a beast during fantasy Super Bowl week.

Henry is a classic franchise and run into the ground player. Drafting someone like Jonathan Taylor would only cement that belief.

yea most fools that depended on freeman didn’t make it to the title game cuss he sucked out loud for 85% of the year.

Like most teams in the nfl the titans have too many holes to waste a high draft pick on a player that would be a back up for one of the best players In the NFL at the position. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

the titans have too many holes

I honestly don't see that many.

Tannehill looked like a good fit down the stretch and Brown and even Davis looked the part in the passing game.  The line is solid, and though losing Conklin hurts the unit overall is a strength.

They have a diverse front seven with talented pass rushers like Evans, Simmons, and now Beasley and look decent against the run as well.  Byard is an unheralded superstar in the secondary and Butler and Jackson are a good pair of corners.

I'm not saying they're gonna draft Jonathan Taylor, but I'm not seeing many holes either.

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I honestly don't see that many.

Tannehill looked like a good fit down the stretch and Brown and even Davis looked the part in the passing game.  The line is solid, and though losing Conklin hurts the unit overall is a strength.

They have a diverse front seven with talented pass rushers like Evans, Simmons, and now Beasley and look decent against the run as well.  Byard is an unheralded superstar in the secondary and Butler and Jackson are a good pair of corners.

I'm not saying they're gonna draft Jonathan Taylor, but I'm not seeing many holes either.

They still need OL depth, they could use a slot cornerback if Logan Ryan ends up going somewhere else, they need a backup QB, certainly think they will draft a RB but probably be a lot later than someone like Jonathan Taylor.

If they can draft and hit on a solid LG then Roger Saffold could become expendable come this time next year.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

They still need OL depth, they could use a slot cornerback if Logan Ryan ends up going somewhere else, they need a backup QB, certainly think they will draft a RB but probably be a lot later than someone like Jonathan Taylor

Slot corner is becoming more and more valuable, and you can never have too many pass rushers.  Walter has them taking Espena, which I could see.

They could always go with a blue chip right tackle to replace Conklin I suppose.

They're in good position to draft BPA.

• Like 1

So what do we know about their new Guard from Georgia? Seems like a raw OT that needed another year in college. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

So what do we know about their new Guard from Georgia? Seems like a raw OT that needed another year in college. 

Run blocking Mauler.

He is excellent in pass coverage but needs help reading double blocks. Could have used another year but high ceiling RT to keep their OLine stout.

1st round talent. If he went back to GA he probably would be a top 10 pick like andrew Thomas.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

9 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

First off: very intelligent, charismatic, well-spoken guy.  Excellent run blocking, but his pass-pro technique still needs refinement.  Probably not a Day 1 starter, but he should take over for Kelly at some point in-season this year.  Good, underrated pick that addresses a key need and reflects their commitment to the run game.

There’s your third-down back.

Darrynton Evans, RB, Appalachian State

Judging by his highlights he looks awfully a lot like Swift, but faster and I mean faster.. Looks to be a good change of pace back to Henry.

7 hours ago, BMcP said:

There’s your third-down back.

Yup. Henry still not a three-down back. Hopefully he won’t need to be with the OL improvements.

On 4/24/2020 at 7:42 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Run blocking Mauler.

He is excellent in pass coverage but needs help reading double blocks. Could have used another year but high ceiling RT to keep their OLine stout.

1st round talent. If he went back to GA he probably would be a top 10 pick like andrew Thomas.

Watched the Georgia vs Florida game this morning....to watch Wilson against Greenard and Zuniga both who were Day 2 picks.....got to say that I'm a little more worried about the pick....early one whiffs on Greenards inside move and literally falls to the ground...this is not the only time he lunges forward and whiffs and goes down...also just didn't show much power to move guys back off the line of scrimmage...seems to engage and then stops moving his feet...his size allows him to wall guys off, but he doesn't drive them backwards very often...after watching that game my prediction is that Kelly is the starter

• Thanks 1

Titans OC Arthur Smith said Derrick Henry's workload for this upcoming season "depends on how games go."

"We'll see how the season evolves for him and if another running back emerges,

LMAO

These OCs just can't figure it out or they don't want to say it to the media.

If this guy gives Henry 300+ carries Henry will reward him with a HC gig. If he gets too cute and tries to outsmart himself then there could be trouble but I think he is just playing coy with those comments.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Titans OC Arthur Smith said Derrick Henry's workload for this upcoming season "depends on how games go."

"We'll see how the season evolves for him and if another running back emerges,

LMAO

These OCs just can't figure it out or they don't want to say it to the media.

If this guy gives Henry 300+ carries Henry will reward him with a HC gig. If he gets too cute and tries to outsmart himself then there could be trouble but I think he is just playing coy with those comments.

Never trust a man named Arthur Smith. Sounds like a fake name to use when on the run. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Never trust a man named Arthur Smith. Sounds like a fake name to use when on the run. 

It’s almost as if they will pay him on the tag or extend him on a LTD, in which case, they will limit him.

8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

It’s almost as if they will pay him on the tag or extend him on a LTD, in which case, they will limit him.

I mean the shrewd business move is to let him play out the tag . And revisit this issue next year. But then they run the risk of alienating their star rusher . They could tag him again next year. But that would just create chaos imo , and not a message the front office wants to send to it’s players and future players alike. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

I mean the shrewd business move is to let him play out the tag . And revisit this issue next year. But then they run the risk of alienating their star rusher . They could tag him again next year. But that would just create chaos imo , and not a message the front office wants to send to it’s players and future players alike. 

Agreed on everything but as a fantasy player I love the RBs on a contract year so I’m glad they tagged him.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Agreed on everything but as a fantasy player I love the RBs on a contract year so I’m glad they tagged him.

Most definitely, but I love me some King Hendry!  Contract year or not

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Most definitely, but I love me some King Hendry!  Contract year or not

And DHC also showed some respect to CMC recently. I can't believe I'm saying this but come on guys, can you do a little more trolling? ;)

14 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

And DHC also showed some respect to CMC recently. I can't believe I'm saying this but come on guys, can you do a little more trolling? ;)

I know what you are up to. No help now for him.