DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

52 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Except the aspects that matter most — running routes and being more than a dump-off receiver. 

I think the 2019 NFL rushing title will suffice. 

Best runner in the NFL.

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Except the aspects that matter most — running routes and being more than a dump-off receiver. 

is this the Adrian Peterson thread?

TIA

Best Popcorn GIFs | Gfycat

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I think the 2019 NFL rushing title will suffice. 

Best runner in the NFL.

Being a great RB is much more than just running. Henry has had one good season out of 4. Hopefully he can truly become great this year.

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Being a great RB is much more than just running. Henry has had one good season out of 4. Hopefully he can truly become great this year.

He finally has the right coaches to get it done.

One part of being a great RB is having coaches that put you in the right situation to succeed

Kudos to Tennessee for (finally) doing that and kudos to King Hendry for rewarding their belief in him with a trip to the AFC Championship game and a rushing title.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Being a great RB is much more than just running. Henry has had one good season out of 4.

what about being a great RB does Henry not do besides catch a lot of balls? You don’t need to be a great pass catcher to be a great RB it’s a perk but not a necessity.

He also has two 1000 yard rushing seasons I think that qualifies as at least two good seasons and one of them was an awesome season where he almost single handedly took his team to the Super Bowl. When the guy has been given a chance he plays well what else do you want from a player? 

Edited by Stonej14

After the Big 3, is Henry the 4th RB off the board in standard leagues?

1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

what about being a great RB does Henry not do besides catch a lot of balls? You don’t need to be a great pass catcher to be a great RB it’s a perk but not a necessity.

He also has two 1000 yard rushing seasons I think that qualifies as at least two good seasons and one of them was an awesome season where he almost single handedly took his team to the Super Bowl. When the guy has been given a chance he plays well what else do you want from a player? 

I want a RB who never has to come off the field and when he scores 16+ TDs in a season is the overall RB1, not barely (or not even) top-5.

20 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

I want a RB who never has to come off the field and when he scores 16+ TDs in a season is the overall RB1, not barely (or not even) top-5.

Henry had over 300 touches last year.

You only like RBs who get 400 touches a season?

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Henry had over 300 touches last year.

You only like RBs who get 400 touches a season?

I like RBs with a FLOOR of 50 receptions who still get 250+ carries. That is real greatness. 

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

I like RBs with a FLOOR of 50 receptions who still get 250+ carries. That is real greatness. 

like Leveon bell?

Lol

Alvin Kamara has never had 250 carries in a season, not even a 200 carry season. 

So you don't like kamara since he does not meet your touch limit?

🤔

5 hours ago, CamNewton said:

I know you're a homer, but realistically where would you take him in a full PPR? @DerrickHenrysCleats

I'd take him before Kamara.

cmc, Barkley, and Elliot then Henry is my next RB off the board.

His role is solidified now. He won't rack up receptions like Kamara but will have over 100 more rushes and when you feed El Tractorcito that much he busts long TD runs to go along with his goal line work. 16 TDs last season and the offense wasn't even clicking till Tannehill came in halfway through the season.

I see 16+ TDs this year, 1,500+ rushing yards

I don't like that Kamara shares so much with layavius Murray. 

I prefer my RBs to be goal line workhorses with the ability to rip 80 yard TDs at any given moment on a tired defense.

54 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'd take him before Kamara.

cmc, Barkley, and Elliot then Henry is my next RB off the board.

His role is solidified now. He won't rack up receptions like Kamara but will have over 100 more rushes and when you feed El Tractorcito that much he busts long TD runs to go along with his goal line work. 16 TDs last season and the offense wasn't even clicking till Tannehill came in halfway through the season.

I see 16+ TDs this year, 1,500+ rushing yards

I don't like that Kamara shares so much with layavius Murray. 

I prefer my RBs to be goal line workhorses with the ability to rip 80 yard TDs at any given moment on a tired defense.

Add a 50 catch floor and I’m in. 

like Leveon bell?

Lol

Alvin Kamara has never had 250 carries in a season, not even a 200 carry season. 

So you don't like kamara since he does not meet your touch limit?

🤔

Kamara’s floor has been 81 catches for 3 straight years, so that more than makes up for the fewer than 250 carries. A target is worth far more than a rushing attempt.  For perspective, as good as Henry was last year, he was still outscored by Ekeler in PPR by a full point per game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Kamara’s floor has been 81 catches for 3 straight years, so that more than makes up for the fewer than 250 carries. A target is worth far more than a rushing attempt.  For perspective, as good as Henry was last year, he was still outscored by Ekeler in PPR by a full point per game.

I don't know what leagues you play in but Ekeler finished with 2 more fantasy points than Henry in my PPR league and Henry's first 7 games with Mariota as QB were not as good as they could have been so plenty of room for Henry to expound on last year's stats. I doubt Ekeler comes close to what he did last season while Henry will be even better.

If you like Kamara that's fine, just pointing out the hypocrisy of your statement saying you like RBs who get 50 targets and 250 carries but you like Kamara cause he catches the football.

I'll take Henrys extra 100+ rushes and TDs over Kamara's 80 catches and 3-4 TDs especially since Henry has missed way fewer games than kamara so for serious fantasy owners they know a long stretch of missed games from a player drafted so highly can be devastating to their fantasy season so again Henry is better in the aspect that he is available more often than the injury prone Kamara.

I play in high-stakes leagues, which are 12-team PPR. 

A RB getting less than 30 catches is barely an RB1 unless they score 15+ TDs. And even then are never elite (top-3) options. I prefer a 50 catch floor to consider a starting RB elite. Henry had a good season last year. Let’s see if he can be elite this year.

25 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

A RB getting less than 30 catches is barely an RB1 unless they score 15+ TDs. And even then are never elite (top-3) options. I prefer a 50 catch floor to consider a starting RB elite. Henry had a good season last year. Let’s see if he can be elite this year.

He was elite last year and played half the season with Mariota at QB.

He will be elite again this season, draft accordingly.

19 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

LOOK AT ME, I THROW COIN AROUND WITH SHARKS!!!1!1!

.... ehhhhh :unsure:

anyways, leegs i play in are of the significantly high plunkage ilk - and also high octane bonus, e.g.

over 100 yds +2

over 150 yds +5 

over 200 yds +10

over 250 +20

long distance TDs

50 - 74 yds +3

75 and over +6 

see, given those parameters a beastly cat like King Hendry more than delivers the bacon 🥓 

OINK!

yeah, all leegs are different, and i'm sure the ol' YMMV applies to most, but, in my case, it do not ... do it?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He was elite last year and played half the season with Mariota at QB.

He will be elite again this season, draft accordingly.

Then why didn’t you draft him with the #2 pick in your league? That’s where truly elite players deserve to be drafted.

20 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Then why didn’t you draft him with the #2 pick in your league? That’s where truly elite players deserve to be drafted.

I told you my rankings were CMC, barkley, Elliot then Henry. 

I took Barkley because his trade value is higher, I traded him and Fournette for Henry and Lamar Jackson as soon as the draft was over. I understand how the game is played and that's how you do it.

It's an amateur mindset to assume that who i draft is how my team will end up. I make deals to get who I want. 

Glad to have a top 4 RB and the #1 overall QB with the value I got from taking Barkley at #2.

• Like 1

I took Barkley because his trade value is higher, I traded him and Fournette for Henry and Lamar Jackson as soon as the draft was over. I understand how the game is played and that's how you do it.

It's an amateur mindset to assume that who i draft is how my team will end up. I make deals to get who I want. 

Glad to have a top 4 RB and the #1 overall QB with the value I got from taking Barkley at #2.

Love it. Get your guys. Draft saquon then trade him for king henry and marquise brown this year.. or whoever you like. Good thinking DHC

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Actually didn't you do that during the draft? :)  

32 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Actually didn't you do that during the draft? :)  

This is technically true. I was in discussions the moment the Henry owner drafted LJax, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

these here are men of men .... and King Hendry is the menniest

Derrick Henry GIFs | Tenor

#2-4 are all within .02 of each other.

Difference between King Hendry and #2 is .12 👀

That gif is amazing, I keep watching Earl swipe at King Hendrys arm and just flailing around with no effect.

• Like 1