DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Henry is more dynamic than any RB in the league.

 

Not sure that's the right adjective. 

 

Nobody scores more 70+ yd TDs than henry

Definitely disagree on that. Dynamic to me means not only being very diverse, but also essentially being a human highlight reel (in all facets of the game). Henry is mediocre in about half of the categories you look for in a RB. Quickness, short area burst, ability to juke, ability to catch passes, pass protection, versatility, etc. If you had say ten categories to rank a RB, Henry ranks low in half of them. 

I don't know off the top of my head, but my guess his yards after first contact and broken tackle numbers are excellent. I'd also guess his number of negative yardage plays is extremely low. And we all know that once he gets to that second level he's as good as there is, as fast as there is, and as tough to tackle as there is. But 95% of runs don't get to that second level, so outside of his freakish size, from an optics perspective he looks very ordinary 95% of the time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Definitely disagree on that. Dynamic to me means not only being very diverse, but also essentially being a human highlight reel (in all facets of the game). Henry is mediocre in about half of the categories you look for in a RB. Quickness, short area burst, ability to juke, ability to catch passes, pass protection, versatility, etc. If you had say ten categories to rank a RB, Henry ranks low in half of them. 

I don't know off the top of my head, but my guess his yards after first contact and broken tackle numbers are excellent. I'd also guess his number of negative yardage plays is extremely low. And we all know that once he gets to that second level he's as good as there is, as fast as there is, and as tough to tackle as there is. But 95% of runs don't get to that second level, so outside of his freakish size, from an optics perspective he looks very ordinary 95% of the time. 

 

Guess you are right, muh more dynamic to watch other RBs run backwards six yards and then forward 5 yards for a net gain of -1 instead of Henry falling forward for 3.

 

I can name attributes that Henry has that those short area quickness backs don't have. It's just a preference.

 

Barkley looked ugly when he got stuffed at the line of scrimmage too.

 

I just don't see all these dynamic RBs taking the football 99 yards for a TD or having multiple 75yd TDs like Henry.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Definitely disagree on that. Dynamic to me means not only being very diverse, but also essentially being a human highlight reel (in all facets of the game). Henry is mediocre in about half of the categories you look for in a RB. Quickness, short area burst, ability to juke, ability to catch passes, pass protection, versatility, etc. If you had say ten categories to rank a RB, Henry ranks low in half of them. 

I don't know off the top of my head, but my guess his yards after first contact and broken tackle numbers are excellent. I'd also guess his number of negative yardage plays is extremely low. And we all know that once he gets to that second level he's as good as there is, as fast as there is, and as tough to tackle as there is. But 95% of runs don't get to that second level, so outside of his freakish size, from an optics perspective he looks very ordinary 95% of the time. 

Well, he did average 5.1 ypc last year. And he only had one game with over 30 carries, so while he was getting consistent volume, it’s not like he was out there plodding for 3 yards everytime he touched the ball. Folks are blowing this Week 1(where he still got over 100 yards mind you) wayyyyy out of proportion. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Think it's more so trolling/trying to say "I told you so". 

As I mentioned earlier, people held this guy up to be a 2000 yard rusher, 20 touchdown season because of the weird fanboyism which has reached Christine Michael levels. 

It's easy to pick on a player thread where the guy "underachieved", even though he had a very serviceable week. This thread will attract the trolls all year. 

It's been 1 fuking game 😆, can't label a player has underachieved or are u saying Saquon underachieved as well. People looking down on the Broncos defense for some reason. They had a top 10 defense overall, best in the redzone last season. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

It's been 1 fuking game 😆, can't label a player has underachieved or are u saying Saquon underachieved as well. People looking down on the Broncos defense for some reason. They had a top 10 defense overall, best in the redzone last season. 

I'm agreeing with you. Just saying - everyone made the sky the limit for this guy, but put him 1 foot below the sky before the season even started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Think it's more so trolling/trying to say "I told you so". 

As I mentioned earlier, people held this guy up to be a 2000 yard rusher, 20 touchdown season because of the weird fanboyism which has reached Christine Michael levels. 

It's easy to pick on a player thread where the guy "underachieved", even though he had a very serviceable week. This thread will attract the trolls all year. 

You can’t compare the fanboyism of a guy who was RB2 overall last year to the fanboyism of an RB who was a never-was. One is earned and the other was wishful thinking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I'm agreeing with you. Just saying - everyone made the sky the limit for this guy, but put him 1 foot below the sky before the season even started. 

I didn't, I would still take CMC/EZ over him in PPR leagues where the TD variance would edge in favor of more receptions, but you're not gonna another player that gets the same amount of rushing attempts/game. He had 31 in the first game of the season with no preseason, Titans are ready and are gonna use him as a workhorse. More rushing attempts = more chances where he breaks one, it's all about opportunities in fantasy football.

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, atrium said:

You can’t compare the fanboyism of a guy who was RB2 overall last year to the fanboyism of an RB who was a never-was. One is earned and the other was wishful thinking

Please read back through the thread and view the unreasonable expectations. Most players threads you have "yeah I could see 1300/13 or so, solid RB1!". Derrick Henry everyone is upset if he doesn't score 2 touchdowns and run for 150 yards a game, AKA what we've been talking about this entire time, that people are disappointed he only got 130 yards, which is perfectly acceptable. 

Which is what everyone predicted for Christine Michael and Josh Gordon. Running joke or not, that is what Derrick Henry has turned into. He's never going to be a "top 10 running back of all time" but this thread makes him out to be one, but that's just fanboys. Hence why I said it's easy for this thread to be trolled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Please read back through the thread and view the unreasonable expectations. Most players threads you have "yeah I could see 1300/13 or so, solid RB1!". Derrick Henry everyone is upset if he doesn't score 2 touchdowns and run for 150 yards a game, AKA what we've been talking about this entire time, that people are disappointed he only got 130 yards, which is perfectly acceptable. 

Which is what everyone predicted for Christine Michael and Josh Gordon. Running joke or not, that is what Derrick Henry has turned into. He's never going to be a "top 10 running back of all time" but this thread makes him out to be one, but that's just fanboys. Hence why I said it's easy for this thread to be trolled. 

I've been following this thread the whole time as an owner, but what I've gathered from the reaction to week 1 isn't that people are disappointed with Henry's final fantasy line, it's that they're worried because of what they saw with their eyes. People here didn't think he looked nimble, and his final line was inefficient. I'm not one of those people, I think he'll be fine and is going to be a solid mid-to-high RB1 all season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so pleased with my Henry pick. He is the most reliable RB you can have on your roster. 31 carries and 116 yards in a floor type game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#DerrickHenry only needs 51 more rushing yards to become the 5th running back in franchise history to reach 4000 yards. He would join #LorenzoWhite, #EddieGeorge, #EarlCamobell and #ChrisJohnson. #TitanUp #Titans

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Please read back through the thread and view the unreasonable expectations. Most players threads you have "yeah I could see 1300/13 or so, solid RB1!". Derrick Henry everyone is upset if he doesn't score 2 touchdowns and run for 150 yards a game, AKA what we've been talking about this entire time, that people are disappointed he only got 130 yards, which is perfectly acceptable. 

Which is what everyone predicted for Christine Michael and Josh Gordon. Running joke or not, that is what Derrick Henry has turned into. He's never going to be a "top 10 running back of all time" but this thread makes him out to be one, but that's just fanboys. Hence why I said it's easy for this thread to be trolled. 

 

Not a top 10 RB of all time but last year he set an NFL record for consecutive 180 yd rushing performance in nfl playoff history. He had a 99 yard TD that has only been done 1 other time by another NFL Hall of Famer, Tony Dorsett. Henry has a long way to go but what is the argument against being on a hall of fame trajectory when he is setting nfl records, leading the league in rushing, and matching plays only achieved by previous hall of famers?

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Not a top 10 RB of all time but last year he set an NFL record for consecutive 180 yd rushing performance in nfl playoff history. He had a 99 yard TD that has only been done 1 other time by another NFL Hall of Famer, Tony Dorsett. Henry has a long way to go but what is the argument against being on a hall of fame trajectory when he is setting nfl records, leading the league in rushing, and matching plays only achieved by previous hall of famers?

 

King Hendry's 2019 march to and through the playoffs was more impressive than AP's 2012 MVP season. 

last RB to carry his team to the CCG was Barry Sanders. 

this kid's jist getting started. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

King Hendry's 2019 march to and through the playoffs was more impressive than AP's 2012 MVP season. 

last RB to carry his team to the CCG was Barry Sanders. 

this kid's jist getting started. 

Check out Larry Johnson's 2005 season.  1351 and 16 tds over the final 9 games vs Henry's 1342 and 12.   The Chiefs thought he was just getting started also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chazno said:

Check out Larry Johnson's 2005 season.  1351 and 16 tds over the final 9 games vs Henry's 1342 and 12.   The Chiefs thought he was just getting started also.

 

LJ was a straight up trash human being.  eff him. 

King Hendry has been an exemplary cat every step of the way ... gtfo with that punk LJ 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

LJ was a straight up trash human being.  eff him. 

King Hendry has been an exemplary cat every step of the way ... gtfo with that punk LJ 

How many points do you get for a personality bonus?  I'm not debating who is a nice guy.  Titans need to find someone to take some of the load or Henry is going to burn out quick. Last 10 games he is on pace to eclipse 400 carries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chazno said:

How many points do you get for a personality bonus?  I'm not debating who is a nice guy.  Titans need to find someone to take some of the load or Henry is going to burn out quick. Last 10 games he is on pace to eclipse 400 carries. 

 

i bought up LJs doosh nozzle tendencies because they were what led to his demise - he was a bigoted buffoon,  a real jagoff. 

Henry, as i said, has been the opposite ... so, in that respect, no off field ish is gonna derail him. 

are we clear on that?  wasn't a very hard point to grasp, i thought, but - hey, there ya go. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

i bought up LJs doosh nozzle tendencies because they were what led to his demise - he was a bigoted buffoon,  a real jagoff. 

Henry, as i said, has been the opposite ... so, in that respect, no off field ish is gonna derail him. 

are we clear on that?  wasn't a very hard point to grasp, i thought, but - hey, there ya go. 

 

 

All that and Derrick was raised by his grandmother. His mom and dad were 15 and 16 years old when they had him and his dad was in jail or prison most his life and Henry went on to become a fantastic human being along with the best running back in the nfl.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

i bought up LJs doosh nozzle tendencies because they were what led to his demise - he was a bigoted buffoon,  a real jagoff. 

Henry, as i said, has been the opposite ... so, in that respect, no off field ish is gonna derail him. 

are we clear on that?  wasn't a very hard point to grasp, i thought, but - hey, there ya go. 

 

Thats BS.  If you have talent, the NFL dont care (Mike Vick, Kareem Hunt, Plaxico Burress).  LJ never completed more than 12 games in a season after his 400 carry 2006. When he couldn't run anymore, no one wanted to deal with his personality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chazno said:

Thats BS.  If you have talent, the NFL dont care (Mike Vick, Kareem Hunt, Plaxico Burress).  LJ never completed more than 12 games in a season after his 400 carry 2006. When he couldn't run anymore, no one wanted to deal with his personality.

 

LJ d1cked himself out the leeg - he's garbage. 

he never led that team anywhere but to the terlit. 

a cotdamn foo'

🤡

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.