DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Chickenmane said:

Henry will get going eventually, i'm not concerned. 

Have you owned him before? Never really paid attention to him last few years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time having this guy on my team, not impressed so far. Funny, I always remember getting destroyed by this dude whenever I played against him. 

Edited by noles1983

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

First time having this guy on my team, not impressed so far. Funny, I always remember getting destroyed by this dude whenever I played against him. 


I had him the last 2 years. He always gets off to slow starts and then dominates down the stretch. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpartanEric said:


I had him the last 2 years. He always gets off to slow starts and then dominates down the stretch. 

Teams finally have an answer for him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

On pace for 1,600 rushing yards.

It doesn’t matter .. In week 2 he only scored 8.4 pts, after week 1 performance he has only scored 23 fantasy points and average of 11.5. Not to damn good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

It doesn’t matter .. In week 2 he only scored 8.4 pts, after week 1 performance he has only scored 23 fantasy points and average of 11.5. Not to damn good. 

 

2 games in 6 days and over 200 rushing yards and been used as a decoy in 3 goal line situations. That won't continue.

 

Arrow pointing up. Glad I traded Saquon Barkley for Henry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, noles1983 said:

First time having this guy on my team, not impressed so far. Funny, I always remember getting destroyed by this dude whenever I played against him. 

 

You should have drafted Barkley or Mixon 👀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cardiak said:

Teams finally have an answer for him?

 

Yes, it's called stack the box and make Tannehill a top 5 QB. When defenses adjust to Tannehills success Henry will get bigger running lanes. Over 200 rushing yards in 6 days with stacked boxes. Titans best receiver has been a TE, denver and Jax were stacking the box, JAX especially, you know how bad Henry has embarrassed them? They would rather make Tannehill beat them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a lot of other RBs I’d be more worried about right now than Henry. Drake and cook are a couple. It’s clear they’re gonna use Henry until he can’t take it anymore. Drake and cook on the other hand....?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there will be a positive regression to the mean with touchdowns for Henry. 

 

The workload is there, the goal line opportunities are there. As long as health is there, Henry will eat. It's a slow start because lack of touchdowns. He has 215 total yards through 2 games. I don't really see the concern. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

The workload is there, the goal line opportunities are there. As long as health is there, Henry will eat. It's a slow start because lack of touchdowns. He has 215 total yards through 2 games. I don't really see the concern. 

He's like the RB25 right now, and pretty much everyone used a top 8 pick on him. He's also well below 4YPC, and the talk of them wanting him more involved in the passing game clearly wasn't true. 

I'm not saying the sky is falling, but there are definitely legitimate reasons to be concerned. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He's like the RB25 right now, and pretty much everyone used a top 8 pick on him. He's also well below 4YPC, and the talk of them wanting him more involved in the passing game clearly wasn't true. 

I'm not saying the sky is falling, but there are definitely legitimate reasons to be concerned. 

 

Honestly, no there isn't. It's been 2 games, he's had 59 touches. If all these variables remain consistent, he's going to have a huge year. 

 

If he had this two game stretch in the middle of the year, no one would bat an eye. It's just more noticeable because it's at the beginning. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

There’s a lot of other RBs I’d be more worried about right now than Henry. Drake and cook are a couple. It’s clear they’re gonna use Henry until he can’t take it anymore. Drake and cook on the other hand....?

 

My level of concern for either Henry or Drake is minimal (don't own Henry at all this year and have Drake in 1/3).  

Both are getting heavy workloads on promising and/or very good offenses, the points will come (in the case of Drake he faced two elite defensive fronts to start the year).  

Cook, OTOH, is a valid concern.  That Minnesota offense looks downright pathetic, and their defense taking a step back doesn't help the run game either.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah this was a bad pick.  An rb that doesn’t catch passes was never a good idea.  It’s cute when he was like a 4th rounder but this is the adult table now.  A top 8 pick.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get all the responses to this play? Has he been a bit of a disappointment so far? Sure, he has. That's because he doesn't have any TD. If he did, people wouldn't be talking about him being a bust. Do you think he will continue to get zero TD's? Obviously not, and he is still getting the volume that makes you confident to play him week after week. And he got a contract extension and the Titans don't have any other RB's on the roster, so even if he is ineffective in his carries (which i don't think will continue), he will still be fine. The talk about him being a top 3 back was overdone because he doesn't catch the ball much, but this guy will still be an RB1 end of year barring injuries

Edited by mrschrod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 1-1 so he better not have another week like this past one going forward. I got him with the last pick of the first so I need him to get rolling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

There’s a lot of other RBs I’d be more worried about right now than Henry. Drake and cook are a couple. It’s clear they’re gonna use Henry until he can’t take it anymore. Drake and cook on the other hand....?

Drake is in the same box as Henry. Gotten good volume and is on a pace of 1,146 rushing yards after playing arguably the 2 best defensive lines in the league. People are overreacting because if their pick isn't dropping 20+ PPG every week then he is being misused, overrated, not talented, a bust, and whatever else.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

I'm 1-1 so he better not have another week like this past one going forward. I got him with the last pick of the first so I need him to get rolling. 

You should consider yourself lucky. 3 of the top 5 picks are injured for the first few weeks or out for the year.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Honestly, no there isn't. It's been 2 games, he's had 59 touches. If all these variables remain consistent, he's going to have a huge year. 

If he had this two game stretch in the middle of the year, no one would bat an eye. It's just more noticeable because it's at the beginning. 

You're right, if he started with 4 solid weeks then had this stretch people wouldn't be worried. But things change year to year. I think teams are making a point to take Henry out - more so than they were last year. I'm concerned that's what has led to the abysmal YPC. 

I get positive regression, but it isn't a guarantee. He hasn't been effective, Tannehill has, and teams are likely focusing on him more. That means there's a real possibility that this continues. The TDs aren't a guarantee. 

Usage is good, but the flip side to usage is if it isn't productive, it opens the door for other options, i.e. Evans getting more run once he's healthy. 

Let's put it this way, outside of injury to him or Tannehill, and them being 2-0 vs 0-2, nothing about his first two weeks has been encouraging. We knew for a fact the touches would be there, so that was a given. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jkendrick2 said:

You should consider yourself lucky. 3 of the top 5 picks are injured for the first few weeks or out for the year.  

It's only week 2. Not sure if I feel lucky to not be dealing with any serious injuries yet besides Bell and Julio. My key guys could go down mid season or later and ruin my chances. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rickydragon said:

Yeah this was a bad pick.  An rb that doesn’t catch passes was never a good idea.  It’s cute when he was like a 4th rounder but this is the adult table now.  A top 8 pick.  

 

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the 10th pick, you honestly got a steal. I took henry 4th in a 10 team ppr. Henry will have better games and has the 4th easiest strength of schedule for the playoffs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rickydragon said:

Yeah this was a bad pick.  An rb that doesn’t catch passes was never a good idea.  It’s cute when he was like a 4th rounder but this is the adult table now.  A top 8 pick.  

He's on pace for 1,600 rushing, 40 targets which is where I put him on before the season. 40 targets is 16 more targets than last season in 15 games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...