DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

14 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Spoiler Alert, you've been without an RB1 for 2 weeks and counting...

No, I haven't, only people like you place unrealistic expectations on players for their first 2 weeks of a 16 week season. 

Best ability is availability and Henry is still available and still a RB1.

52 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

He had three games under 10 points last year. No one...I repeat NO ONE balls out 16 games a year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FFCollusion said:

Same as last year...no big deal. Wait until half way through the season and come back.

11 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

No, I haven't, only people like you place unrealistic expectations on players for their first 2 weeks of a 16 week season. 

Best ability is availability and Henry is still available and still a RB1.

RB1 is either a top 12 finish in any given week or accumulative for the year.  Henry has accomplished neither in 2020.  No matter what way you spin it, you haven't had an RB1 for 2 weeks.

Success by attrition is no better than a participation trophy.

The only person being unrealistic is you, expecting Henry to do something he's never done in his entire career.

It's okay, Henry has never been good(Fantasy) for a full 16 week season.  Decent buy low candidate if you can get him for 2nd or 3rd value and hope that he finally wakes up for the 2nd half of the season like every other year of his entire career.

He always starts slow.  1 week outliers are blips on the analysis map.  He's big, strong, and fast.  Once defenses are down 5 players to the IR, tired, injured, slow, and cold, Henry will be able to exploit them week after week.  Once defenses adjust for Tannenhill and J.Smith tearing them apart, Henry will have more room to run. TDs are the flukiest stat in the game, they will come.

This is who Henry is and no matter what you pretend, it's what he's always been.  A slow plodding TD dependent grinder for 8 weeks, and then a season winning tractor beast for 8 weeks.  Combine those 2 for a middling RB1 finish at the end of the season.

The reason nobody values Henry as much as the truly elite backs, it's because they've shown they can be elite in any week at any point in the year.  Henry has failed to accomplish that in his 5 year career, and so far 2020 isn't changing that.  (2 weeks is nothing but it's all we have)

If your entire foundation of why Henry will be an RB1 is because "well everyone else will get hurt." You've already lost the argument for elite status.  Period.

IF Henry could do for 16 weeks, what we've seen him do for 8... He'd rival CMC.  Can it happen?  Sure, maybe.  Still has a chance to this year, thus as I stated, he's a buy low for me.  But until he does it, it's just hopes and dreams.

You've been promising this forum greatness for 5 years, and we've only seen it happen about 12 times out of 80 games, 15% is terrible odds. Even worse when at least half of those games came after people were out of the playoffs because Henry sank their season for the first 8 weeks.  So if Henry does well in 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13, you get about 5 weeks of RB1 production and have to pray you make the playoffs on his 5 good weeks.

3 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

He had three games under 10 points last year. No one...I repeat NO ONE balls out 16 games a year.

Then why are you so offended by the FACT that he hasn't been an RB1 through 2 weeks?  Why even argue or quote me.  Just because Henry hasn't been an RB1 through 2 weeks, doesn't mean he can't or won't be moving forward.

This is why cults like this get trolled.  You can't just take the facts and accept them.  You have to fight them to fit your narrative and lose all credibility.

Correct, no one balls out for 16 weeks.  Nothing wrong with that, but don't pretend Henry has been an RB1 for the first 2 weeks of the season when you know damn well he hasn't.  Just accept that fact, wait for the season to balance out.

Cleats made a statement that he'd rather have an RB1 than CMC for 12 weeks.  I made a simple joke, that Henry hasn't been an RB1 yet.  No more, no less.

Rushing to his defense, just proves my point about his supporters.

I like Henry, as a football player, he's fun to watch.  As a fantasy football player, he's frustrating to own.  Zeke for 8 weeks and Jordan Howard for 8 weeks.  That's why his thread is so polarizing, half the people want to value him like Zeke the other half want to value him like JoHo.  I'm the rare realist who understands both halves and wants to value him somewhere in the middle.

Unfortunately that means both sides of the extreme want to argue with me about it, because both sides insist they're right.  It's like politics.  There IS a middle ground for people who can be reasonable.

I repeat, I don't think Henry is worth a 1st round pick because he isn't a 1st round value for 16 weeks.  If I can 'buy low' for 2nd or 3rd round value right now if the Henry owner just lost 1 of the 30M people who got hurt yesterday, maybe you can get a 2:1 deal done and get him at a 'discount' relative to draft day, but a 'fair cost' for how I personally value him (at this point in the season)

Here's an actual constructive conversation topic...

Chris Carson + who = Derrick Henry?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

RB1 is either a top 12 finish in any given week or accumulative for the year.  Henry has accomplished neither in 2020.  No matter what way you spin it, you haven't had an RB1 for 2 weeks.

The only person being unrealistic is you, expecting Henry to do something he's never done in his entire career.

It's okay, Henry has never been good(Fantasy) for a full 16 week season.  Decent buy low candidate if you can get him for 2nd or 3rd value and hope that he finally wakes up for the 2nd half of the season like every other year of his entire career.

He always starts slow.  1 week outliers are blips on the analysis map.  He's big, strong, and fast.  Once defenses are down 5 players to the IR, tired, injured, slow, and cold, Henry will be able to exploit them week after week.  Once defenses adjust for Tannenhill and J.Smith tearing them apart, Henry will have more room to run. TDs are the flukiest stat in the game, they will come.

This is who Henry is and no matter what you pretend, it's what he's always been.  A slow plodding TD dependent grinder for 8 weeks, and then a season winning tractor beast for 8 weeks.  Combine those 2 for a middling RB1 finish at the end of the season.

The reason nobody values Henry as much as the truly elite backs, it's because they've shown they can be elite in any week at any point in the year.  Henry has failed to accomplish that in his 5 year career, and so far 2020 isn't changing that.  (2 weeks is nothing but it's all we have)

If your entire foundation of why Henry will be an RB1 is because "well everyone else will get hurt." You've already lost the argument for elite status.  Period.

IF Henry could do for 16 weeks, what we've seen him do for 8... He'd rival CMC.  Can it happen?  Sure, maybe.  Still has a chance to this year, thus as I stated, he's a buy low for me.  But until he does it, it's just hopes and dreams.

You've been promising this forum greatness for 5 years, and we've only seen it happen about 12 times out of 80 games, 15% is terrible odds. Even worse when at least half of those games came after people were out of the playoffs because Henry sank their season for the first 8 weeks.  So if Henry does well in 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13, you get about 5 weeks of RB1 production and have to pray you make the playoffs on his 5 good weeks.

Then why are you so offended by the FACT that he hasn't been an RB1 through 2 weeks?  Why even argue or quote me.  Just because Henry hasn't been an RB1 through 2 weeks, doesn't mean he can't or won't be moving forward.

This is why cults like this get trolled.  You can't just take the facts and accept them.  You have to fight them to fit your narrative and lose all credibility.

Correct, no one balls out for 16 weeks.  Nothing wrong with that, but don't pretend Henry has been an RB1 for the first 2 weeks of the season when you know damn well he hasn't.  Just accept that fact, wait for the season to balance out.

Cleats made a statement that he'd rather have an RB1 than CMC for 12 weeks.  I made a simple joke, that Henry hasn't been an RB1 yet.  No more, no less.

I like Henry, as a football player, he's fun to watch.  As a fantasy football player, he's frustrating to own.  Zeke for 8 weeks and Jordan Howard for 8 weeks.  That's why his thread is so polarizing, half the people want to value him like Zeke the other half want to value him like JoHo.  I'm the rare realist who understands both halves and wants to value him somewhere in the middle.

Unfortunately that means both sides of the extreme want to argue with me about it, because both sides insist they're right.  It's like politics.  There IS a middle ground for people who can be reasonable.

I repeat, I don't think Henry is worth a 1st round pick because he isn't a 1st round value for 16 weeks.  If I can 'buy low' for 2nd or 3rd round value right now if the Henry owner just lost 1 of the 30M people who got hurt yesterday, maybe you can get a 2:1 deal done and get him at a 'discount' relative to draft day, but a 'fair cost' for how I personally value him (at this point in the season)

You got all that out of 'He had three games under 10 points last year. No one...I repeat NO ONE balls out 16 games a year'?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, this guy right here said:

You got all that out of 'He had three games under 10 points last year. No one...I repeat NO ONE balls out 16 games a year'?

We hating on a guy for putting thought and effort into a post instead of adding something else constructive? He's not wrong with anything he said. And DHC is with the claim he made which is absolutely false no matter how he wants to try and spin it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Derrick Henry is the #2 rusher in the NFL after 2 weeks.

All your spin was a waste of your time. 

120 yards week 1

85 yards week 2

What does @FFCollusion think a RB1 should have a week? Between 180-250 rushing yards a week?

Lol @ your paragraphs of nonsense.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

I respect your opinion but within 2 weeks, there are only 2 rb1's that have been consistent being drafted in their respective adp's. That's Zeke and cook....I guess you can throw in  Kamara. Between injuries and poor play, cmc (out 4-6 weeks), saquon (out the rest of the year), mixon (average),  Keeler(average)....you can't go wrong with Henry. You can't ask for someone with as many opportunities that he has, granted that he hasn't had the best stay line. 

I will say that he is built for a covid season without a preseason. There will be alot of injuries during the season and for a top 10-12 pick, he will more then likely be available the entire season ( Henry is a tank). 

Last year he started out slow as well and he will wear defenses down as the season goes on.

Edited by jkendrick2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

And won't even be a top 24 RB in Fantasy Football.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Lol @ your paragraphs of nonsense.

How is he an RB1 tho?

2 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

How is he an RB1 tho?

How is he not?

Either of those stat lines with a TD he would be a RB1.

He was used as a decoy a few times early on because he is the best goaline threat in the NFL so they were easy pitch and catch to the TE. No big deal. Henry is best when it matters most.

Keep judging him on the equivalent of preseason game 2, maybe that will work out for ya.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

11 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

How is he not?

Either of those stat lines with a TD he would be a RB1.

He was used as a decoy a few times early on because he is the best goaline threat in the NFL so they were easy pitch and catch to the TE. No big deal. Henry is best when it matters most.

Keep judging him on the equivalent of preseason game 2, maybe that will work out for ya.

So if someone who isn't an RB1 just scored more points they'd be an RB1. Therefore, they are an RB1. Okay.

Edited by Ffguy0087
edited wording for clarity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

So if someone who isn't an RB1 just scored more points they'd be an RB1. Therefore, they are an RB1. Okay.

Well, you have officially confused me. Are you talking about 1 individual week or an entire season?

Henry is a season long RB1 and either of those 2 stat lines with a TD would have made him a high end RB1 as it stands he was a low end RB1.

Nothing to worry about for his useage going forward and all the shaped narratives proclaiming different are incorrect and full of sour grapes from people who have been wrong for years.

I'm sorry if you are confused, I get confused too when people say that if you take away Henrys big plays he is not very good.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Well, you have officially confused me. Are you talking about 1 individual week or an entire season?

Henry is a season long RB1 and either of those 2 stat lines with a TD would have made him a high end RB1 as it stands he was a low end RB1.

Nothing to worry about for his useage going forward and all the shaped narratives proclaiming different are incorrect and full of sour grapes from people who have been wrong for years.

I'm sorry if you are confused, I get confused too when people say that if you take away Henrys big plays he is not very good.

How are you defining the term RB1?

30 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I disagree

Bro after that last comment just ignore him lmao. Henry is a monster, we can all look back and laughter at this in a few weeks. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Edited 20 minutes ago by Ffguy0087
edited wording for clarity

25 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Glad you edited for clarity!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

spacer.png

Back to you guys in the booth.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

imagine if you took away all Barry Sanders’ big plays. Plodder! 

• Haha 1

The irony here is that while being a totally different style, Henry is A LOT like CJ2K in terms of production.  His YPC and yardage are skewed by explosive run plays.  Without the chunk plays, it's mediocre and actually stifles the offense.  So far, the disappointing part has been on the plays where he goes down on contact. 

Saying that, it's really early and he was not super effective either in the first part of 2018 or 2019.  It takes a while for the run game to gel - timing, vision, blocking. 

Probably, but this dude starts slow EVERY YEAR. I've never owned him and even I know this. I feel like he does his best work in the second half of the season when defenses are beat up and tired. Patience people.

4 minutes ago, fachowski said:

The loss of Conklin might be playing a substantial part in his "slow" start this year.

As long as he continues to touch it 25 times a game, we’ll be just fine.