DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

Simple question. Apparently it's ridiculous to even suggest there may be some cause for concern here because we're only two weeks in. What if he puts up another stinker this week? Is it then fair to be concerned? Five games? At what point does this data become relevant? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Every first round picks needs TDs to return anywhere near their TDs.

No kidding

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, owenmills said:

No kidding

Lol I meant to put ADP. 

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It does when you are talking about whether a player was a dissapointment or not. Just because he was a dissapointment to one person doesn't mean he dissapointed everyone as I pointed out.

If he had 3.6 ypc on 15 carries I might be dissapointed but that's not the case.

This is a terrible argument. Ridiculous even. His results relative to all other players is exactly the same in every league. Whether you had an incredible draft or a terrible one after henry is completely irrelevant. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

This is a terrible argument. Ridiculous even. His results relative to all other players is exactly the same in every league. Whether you had an incredible draft or a terrible one after henry is completely irrelevant. 

Which goes back to what I originally said.

IF you are dissapointed in Henry's performance thus far that is subjective. 116 rushing yards and 85 rushing yards are both rushing totals that a RB1 would put up. The fact that he missed out on a TD in those games was just flukey. If an owner is dissapointed in Henrys performances then it is conceivable that their expectations were too high, which is common amongst fantasy football owners, we all want 150 rushing yards and a TD every week but that is not the reality of the game.

Arrow pointing up. 

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

17 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Which goes back to what I originally said.

IF you are dissapointed in Henry's performance thus far that is subjective. 116 rushing yards and 85 rushing yards are both rushing totals that a RB1 would put up. The fact that he missed out on a TD in those games was just flukey. If an owner is dissapointed in Henrys performances then it is conceivable that their expectations were too high, which is common amongst fantasy football owners, we all want 150 rushing yards and a TD every week but that is not the reality of the game.

Arrow pointing up. 

fair points. But thats a completely different argument than what you initially made which I was replying to 

Edited by cgu112

Just now, cgu112 said:

fair points. But thats a different argument than what you initially made which I was replying to 

If you say so, I was responding to the post that said Henry has been dissapointing thus far. I made a reference to my teams to illustrate how he has not been a dissapointment when all I should have said to expound on the matter was to post his rushing yards from week 1 and week 2. Both RB1 numbers that would have been fine had he added a TD, which are bound to come.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If you say so, I was responding to the post that said Henry has been dissapointing thus far. I made a reference to my teams to illustrate how he has not been a dissapointment when all I should have said to expound on the matter was to post his rushing yards from week 1 and week 2. Both RB1 numbers that would have been fine had he added a TD, which are bound to come.

you said hes not dissapointing to you because you are 2-0 and have a good team.  But he is disappointing to people who don't have a good team.  Not the same at all.  Now drop it

1 minute ago, cgu112 said:

you said hes not dissapointing to you because you are 2-0 and have a good team.  But he is disappointing to people who don't have a good team.  Not the same at all.  Now drop it

As I said in my earlier post, I referenced my team to show how he had not been a dissapointment when all I really needed to do was point to his rushing totals and that proves he is putting up RB1 numbers. Thank you for interjecting yourself in someone else's conversation. You may move along now.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Lets just admit that the first two games Henry has not been very good for fantasy.
Jerick McKinnon & Joshua Kelley has scored more fantasy points than Henry. 

Will that trend continue... not likely. Give me Henry 

The tds are bound to come and he's getting rb volume which over a season is hugely likely to result in high end rb 1 production but he is not putting up rb 1 fantasy numbers through w2 or he'd be an rb1 already. 

1 minute ago, LacesOut said:

The tds are bound to come and he's getting rb volume which over a season is hugely likely to result in high end rb 1 production but he is not putting up rb 1 fantasy numbers through w2 or he'd be an rb1 already. 

Hmmmm, what is a RB1 then?

116 yards week 1

85 yards week 2

Are you only a RB1 if you score a TD? Or does it require a certain amount of fantasy points?

5 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Lets just admit that the first two games Henry has not been very good for fantasy.
Jerick McKinnon & Joshua Kelley has scored more fantasy points than Henry. 

Will that trend continue... not likely. Give me Henry 

I think owners with higher expectations might be concerned after 2 weeks.

More realistic owners I think recognize the reality of the situation and are exercising patience, rightfully so.

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

116 yards week 1

85 yards week 2

Are you only a RB1 if you score a TD? Or does it require a certain amount of fantasy points?

Problem is Henry doesn't catch passes are you purposely ignoring that fact? If Henry aint going to get any ppr points he better get TD's if not hes a bust.

I think owners with higher expectations might be concerned after 2 weeks.

More realistic owners I think recognize the reality of the situation and are exercising patience, rightfully so.

You ain’t going to admit Henry hasn’t been that good the first two weeks. Are U? 

6 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Problem is Henry doesn't catch passes are you purposely ignoring that fact? If Henry aint going to get any ppr points he better get TD's if not hes a bust.

3 catches game one.

Better check those box scores again.

😉

6 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

You ain’t going to admit Henry hasn’t been that good the first two weeks. Are U? 

That's dependent on your expectations. I have been fine with the production so far.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

3 catches game one.

Better check those box scores again.

😉

0 game 2 which is atrocious, an average of 1.5 receptions is not good for ppr.

Edited by straightfire118

Just now, straightfire118 said:

0 game 2 which is atrocious

Just keep shaping your narrative.

You said he catches no passes. Did you mean he caught none week 2 but had 3 in week 1? 

I tried to take you seriously but you are making it difficult.

19 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

116 yards week 1

85 yards week 2

I feel like you're trolling now. 

Just keep shaping your narrative.

You said he catches no passes. Did you mean he caught none week 2 but had 3 in week 1? 

I tried to take you seriously but you are making it difficult.

No one takes you seriously, we get it you are a huge homer. Catching zero in week 2 is a big red flag, wow you are impressed about 3 catches week one LOL? Hes on pace for 22 catches wow that does a whole lot in ppr.

Just now, LacesOut said:

I feel like you're trolling now. 

I don't feel that way. Just trying to figure out what you think a RB1 is.

Josh jacobs ran for 85 yards last night. Was that a RB1?