DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Just to summarize the last few pages:

Henry doesn’t catch a lot of passes which is problematic in PPR and not as much in standard. So people make arguments from their format as if everyone plays in their format and it confuses everyone.

Henry apparently is an RB1 despite not being anywhere near an RB1 so far. Apparently 10 points isn’t the same 10 points everywhere.

The concept of “regression to the mean” is a confusing concept on the level of astrophysics.

Half the posters are arguing what Henry HAS done and half are arguing what he WILL do. See, this would be fine if they were separate discussions...Except they aren’t. There’s a gap to be bridge but everyone decided “f--- that gap.”

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Just to summarize the last few pages:

Henry doesn’t catch a lot of passes which is problematic in PPR and not as much in standard. So people make arguments from their format as if everyone plays in their format and it confuses everyone.

Henry apparently is an RB1 despite not being anywhere near an RB1 so far. Apparently 10 points isn’t the same 10 points everywhere.

The concept of “regression to the mean” is a confusing concept on the level of astrophysics.

Half the posters are arguing what Henry HAS done and half are arguing what he WILL do. See, this would be fine if they were separate discussions...Except they aren’t. There’s a gap to be bridge but everyone decided “f--- that gap.”

DerrickHenrysCleats really should have a post limit in this thread. It's keeps going because he has to blindly defend Henry and can't allow people to criticize him in any way. The right answer here is Henry has been a disappointment thus far, but his outlook still looks fine as he's one of the few RBs with such a heavy workload, especially with all the injuries lately. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, owenmills said:

DerrickHenrysCleats really should have a post limit in this thread. It's keeps going because he has to blindly defend Henry and can't allow people to criticize him in any way. The right answer here is Henry has been a disappointment thus far, but his outlook still looks fine as he's one of the few RBs with such a heavy workload, especially with all the injuries lately. 

 

It's a message board, I think responses are expected.

 

I agree that those with lofty expectations would have preferred a TD tacked on to his first 2 week stat line. Luckily the useage and yardage totals are there, I think the TDs will come. This weekend would be a good opportunity, the minnesota vikings lost OLB Anthony Barr for the season last weekend. 

 

Fire up Henry in your flex spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I avoided him in all my drafts but I couldn’t pass up the trade offer I received this morning. I have watched the last two games and honestly, Henry had a chance to be in the end zone 4x by now...just unlucky. Better days are ahead, that’s for sure (the TDS are coming). 

Edited by Leopard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am trying to acquire him for any kind of discount that I can (in standard). If memory serves, he typically starts a little slow, and gets going as the year goes on. That, combined with some bad luck, if I can get any type of discounted value, I am going to jump all over that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Averaging 100 rushing yards per game so far in 2020 👀

 

Avereged 100 rushing yards per game in 2019 👀

 

 

 

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Averaging 100 rushing yards per game so far in 2020 👀

 

Avereged 100 rushing yards per game in 2019 👀

 

 


And the PPR RB25 in 2020. He needs to pick it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:


And the PPR RB25 in 2020. He needs to pick it up.

 

TDs will help and those seem to be on the way especially against a Vikings defense that just lost Anthony Barr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Well, he is no James Robinson, that's for sure.

After two games James Robinson has scored more points... 6.
So your right he is better than DH ... 

Game 3 Robinson scored 27+ ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

After two games James Robinson has scored more points... 6.
So your right he is better than DH ... 

Game 3 Robinson scored 27+ ... 

 

Very astute observation on your part. Thank you.

 

The OP of the James Robinson thread deserves a round of applause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 6:51 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It's nice to see him posting RB1 rushing numbers, TDs will come.

 

Arrow pointing up.

U try to hard bro, yes he gets carries and yards, but that dont mean **** without tds and catches

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

U try to hard bro, yes he gets carries and yards, but that dont mean **** without tds and catches

 

Yeah bro, you don't try hard enough.

 

Try diving deeper, you might enjoy yourself.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

35 carries 93 yards.  RB 1 in all ppc formats 

Yea thats the tough part, real life, its there, but fantasy football, that is awful.  
 

edit:  i missed the ppc part, but there, you are correct, i once played one season in a league like that.

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Yeah bro, you don't try hard enough.

 

Try diving deeper, you might enjoy yourself.

I think u just push the derrick henry agenda because it is the theme of ur user name, let it go, hes a volume back that gets carries, in fantasy, pray for the yards and a td, any catch is a bonus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I think u just push the derrick henry agenda because it is the theme of ur user name, let it go, hes a volume back that gets carries, in fantasy, pray for the yards and a td, any catch is a bonus

 

Says the guy living off the dolphins championship in 1972.

 

Judge not lest ye be judged.

 

Henry will be fine, just like you if you can get over yourself.

 

So your saying fantasy players are dependent on yards and TDs accumulated?

 

Ground breaking stuff there.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Says the guy living off the dolphins championship in 1972.

 

Judge not lest ye be judged.

 

Henry will be fine, just like you if you can get over yourself.

17-0, his floor is awful for fantasy, its understood, ceiling is there too

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Derrick henrys floor

 

If 80+ yards with a shot at a TD is a floor I'll take that all day and twice on Sundays

 

Derrick must have stiff armed you in high school. 

 

😂

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Without that td, 8 fantasy points, gag me, but i agree, the potential is there, he can feast, but theres are also weeks of famine

 

Same as every other fantasy player in the history of the world.

 

Like Josh Jacobs in week 2.

 

Thanks for the hot take.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He sucks unless he bounces it to the outside.  Defenses surely know this now.  People are going to be in a lot of pain this year given his draft capital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.