DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, kdko said:

He sucks unless he bounces it to the outside.  Defenses surely know this now.  People are going to be in a lot of pain this year given his draft capital.

The people in pain will be the defenders trying to tackle him. 

If you think he only runs outside then you don't watch his games and your credibility plummets.

16 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Same as every other fantasy player in the history of the world.

Like Josh Jacobs in week 2.

Thanks for the hot take.

But nobody is creating a 44 page thread to save face on a josh jacobs username, thats my point, accept what henry is, awful floor, massive ceiling, thats been established

9 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

But nobody is creating a 44 page thread to save face on a josh jacobs username, thats my point, accept what henry is, awful floor, massive ceiling, thats been established

You are free to your opinion.

Reigning rushing champion has been fine so far this season. Only people complaining about it are people who have unrealistic expectations. He is a season long high end RB1 and if you don't like your RB to average 100 rushing yards a game through the first 2 games then that something you need to come to terms with, not accusing me of trying to save face.

I don't have to save face for the reigning NFL rushing champ.

😂

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Only people complaining about it are people who have unrealistic expectations

Oh so you mean everyone who drafted him in the first round

15 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Only people complaining about it are people who have unrealistic expectations. 

😂

People are complaining because he essentially had a top 5 ADP and he's currently the 67th highest scoring position player (non-QB) and that's not counting the two kickers who have outscored him. 

He has been a big disappointment thus far this year. I don't know why it's THAT difficult to just say. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

4 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

People are complaining because he essentially had a top 5 ADP and he's currently the 67th highest scoring position player (non-QB) and that's not counting the two kickers who have outscored him. 

He has been a big disappointment thus far this year. I don't know why it's THAT difficult to just say. 

It's a matter of opinion, sir.

I'm fine with my RB1 averaging 100 rushing yards per game.

The TDs will come, they are getting plenty of goal line opportunities. I don't see what is so hard for you to admit about that.

ive seen almost every titans game, its always been the same with henry 9/10 times he's running in a straight line he can't really jump cut like other RBs in the league, Thats why last year nearly all his big yardage plays were outside or finding ways to get his momentum going he's a monster outside on the edge and once he gets to the second level if there is a hole so he can utilize his long arms and momentum but they avoid running him between the tackles for a reason.

most rb charts look like this mostly running between the tackles

Miles Sanders Week 2 Carry Chart

this is henry haha, they avoid running between the tackles for a reason , his career average between the tackles is like 3.5ypc. insane YPC outside though but teams want to take it away more than anything else the titans are trying to do on offense.

Derrick Henry Week 2 Carry Chart

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The TDs will come, they are getting plenty of goal line opportunities. I don't see what is so hard for you to admit about that.

Are you ok with Henry averaging what he has been doing? a 3.6 YPC and no TD's? If not, then what you are saying makes no logical sense.

I don't care if my RB averages 100 yards per game. If he doesn't get points (via also TD's and receptions), then it's a problem.

Comprende?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, meekzy said:

ive seen almost every titans game, its always been the same with henry 9/10 times he's running in a straight line he can't really jump cut like other RBs in the league, Thats why last year nearly all his big yardage plays were outside or finding ways to get his momentum going he's a monster outside on the edge and once he gets to the second level if there is a hole so he can utilize his long arms and momentum but they avoid running him between the tackles for a reason.

most rb charts look like this mostly running between the tackles

Miles Sanders Week 2 Carry Chart

this is henry haha, they avoid running between the tackles for a reason , his career average between the tackles is like 3.5ypc. insane YPC outside though but teams want to take it away more than anything else the titans are trying to do on offense.

Derrick Henry Week 2 Carry Chart

It's a good breakdown, all RBs have strengths and weaknesses. Defenses will try to take away certain aspects week to week, that's the nature of football and sometimes it's a 4 TD game and sometimes the TE gets the goal line call. By seasons end with his volume he will be close to his career averages, which is what people wanted when they drafted him.

2 minutes ago, mrschrod said:

Are you ok with Henry averaging what he has been doing? a 3.6 YPC and no TD's? If not, then what you are saying makes no logical sense.

I don't care if my RB averages 100 yards per game. If he doesn't get points (via also TD's and receptions), then it's a problem.

Comprende?

If that is what you personally look for in a fantasy football player then that is what you should seek out via your draft or trade.

I am fine with averaging 100 rushing yards a game when I know how high his ceiling is.

Comprende?

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Guys, everything is ok!

HisCleats is fine with his 1st round pick averaging 10 points per game!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If that is what you personally look for in a fantasy football player then that is what you should seek out via your draft or trade.

I am fine with averaging 100 rushing yards a game when I know how high his ceiling is.

Comprende?

I don't know why you can't admit that drafting him as your #1 RB, when he hasn't even been an RB2 so far, means he has been a disappointment. It's that simple. Most people on here aren't even saying that will continue. They are saying when you draft him as a top 5 RB, you expect production. So far a 3.6 YPC and no TD's does not translate to RB1 fantasy success. That means he has been a disappointment. There are alot of other RB's that make that list too. However, most people aren't vehemently defending those players, but instead are looking at future outlook. 

Let me know if you need another lesson.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He has also been outscored by RB's like Nyheim Heins, James Robinson, and Malcolm Brown. I would presume Henry does better this season at some point. But to not be disappointed right now?? uhhh sure

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Guys, everything is ok!

HisCleats is fine with his 1st round pick averaging 10 points per game!

With a shot at a TD or 4 every game, yes sir, I am.

4 minutes ago, mrschrod said:

I don't know why you can't admit that drafting him as your #1 RB, when he hasn't even been an RB2 so far, means he has been a disappointment. It's that simple. Most people on here aren't even saying that will continue. They are saying when you draft him as a top 5 RB, you expect production. So far a 3.6 YPC and no TD's does not translate to RB1 fantasy success. That means he has been a disappointment. There are alot of other RB's that make that list too. However, most people aren't vehemently defending those players, but instead are looking at future outlook. 

Let me know if you need another lesson.

I don't call anybody I draft a dissapointment after 2 weeks when they have averaged 100 yards a game.

That is a snap judgement. I leave that kind of stuff up to the less patient people on the board.

When you have something relevant to teach then maybe I'll take you up on that.

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I don't call anybody I draft a dissapointment after 2 weeks when they have averaged 100 yards a game.

That is a snap judgement. I leave that kind of stuff up to the less patient people on the board.

I never said he would be a season long disappointment. I think trading for him now would be smart on those that want to sell on him. I think he will be RB1 by seasons end. 

If you focused on his future (saying 'that won't continue, look at career norms, look at his volume of work, etc'), this entire debate wouldn't be happening. But you are trying to defend 2 weeks of mediocre fantasy production saying that he has been matching expectations so far. he hasn't. that's just a fact.

hopefully he crushes this week and we don't have to continue this discussion

• Like 1

Only 2 weeks have gone by with no real preseason/games. Henry, along with alot of other  players in the NFL will get better!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mrschrod said:

I never said he would be a season long disappointment. I think trading for him now would be smart on those that want to sell on him. I think he will be RB1 by seasons end. 

If you focused on his future (saying 'that won't continue, look at career norms, look at his volume of work, etc'), this entire debate wouldn't be happening. But you are trying to defend 2 weeks of mediocre fantasy production saying that he has been matching expectations so far. he hasn't. that's just a fact.

hopefully he crushes this week and we don't have to continue this discussion

https://titansized.com/2020/09/24/derrick-henry-become-elite/amp/4/

This is a good article that helps explain what kind of things are reasonable to have expected from Henry with drafting him.

Like any fantasy player you take the good with the bad. 

I'd have liked to have seen a TD in the first 2 weeks but I know they are not to be expected every week so I don't get let down when it doesn't happen in a particular week or two cause I know they will come and when they do they will come in bunches.

idk why people are freaking out, i didnt wanna draft henry but i knew he'd start slow he should still be a mid to late season monster.

im buying low if i can

Edited by meekzy

34 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Your rb1 has you in 14th of 14 in the rotoworld mock real league

ill give u credit, u pulled some nice strings to get him (he traded barkley and fournette for barkley and lamar)

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

https://titansized.com/2020/09/24/derrick-henry-become-elite/amp/4/

This is a good article that helps explain what kind of things are reasonable to have expected from Henry with drafting him.

Like any fantasy player you take the good with the bad. 

I'd have liked to have seen a TD in the first 2 weeks but I know they are not to be expected every week so I don't get let down when it doesn't happen in a particular week or two cause I know they will come and in bunches as well.

Oh, i agree. I look at a full outlook of a player. that's why Derrick Henry is a buy to me. His fantasy production will increase. I think we both agree on this point.

There are multiple ways a fantasy player can be productive without TD's. catches, and passing yardage can get them to be an RB1 without TD's. but Henry doesn't have the skillset, or the Titans won't utilize him like that. My guess is a mix of both. 

I bolded the above because you said it exactly. You take the good with the bad. So far, I wouldn't even say he has been 'bad', but he definitely has been mediocre for fantasy. that's just a fact. but you won't admit that. 

Been 2 weeks. This thread is a joke. I hate 95% of posters in this site.

• Like 1

I've never owned the guy, never really have wanted to, but I'd be hella surprised if he wasn't going off the second half of the year per usual. Guys are less willing to tackle 2-3 months into the year when it's cold.