DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

I took Henry over Kamara and have no regrets. At the time there were talks of contract/back injections up until first day of game day. I still think kamara will come down to earth once Thomas comes back. Bree's bascially only feeding kamara right now on passing. There certainly will be some regression once thomas come back on the field.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, the1gq2nvy said:

I took Henry over Kamara and have no regrets. At the time there were talks of contract/back injections up until first day of game day. I still think kamara will come down to earth once Thomas comes back. Bree's bascially only feeding kamara right now on passing. There certainly will be some regression once thomas come back on the field.

I took Henry over Kamara in my standard scoring league. The Kamara situation was a bit rocky for a while there and Henry seems like a safer play. Having said that in a PPR league I'd definitely lean towards Kamara (in a perfect world where no one is injured etc).

One can also like both players and it doesn't always have to be one is better than the other. Depends on situation and scoring.

2 hours ago, the1gq2nvy said:

Don't get me wrong, all of your points are entirely valid and I considered them all on draft day. That said, Kamara has over doubled Henry's output in PPR, so unfortunately I think it was the wrong decision (although justifiable at the time). 

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Don't get me wrong, all of your points are entirely valid and I considered them all on draft day. That said, Kamara has over doubled Henry's output in PPR, so unfortunately I think it was the wrong decision, through 3 weeks (although justifiable at the time). 

Fify

34 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Fify

You saying Henry finishes with more fantasy points in full PPR than Kamara? I will gladly make a friendly (monetary) wager with you on that.  

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

You saying Henry finishes with more fantasy points in full PPR than Kamara? I will gladly make a friendly (monetary) wager with you on that.  

Im saying it's been 3 weeks.

3 hours ago, the1gq2nvy said:

I did the same and feel the same

21 minutes ago, Ergogh said:

I did the same and feel the same

In standard, it's fine.  In ppr, Kamara should be picked first.  I understand though with the back injury and contract speculation at the beginning of the year.

I took Henry over Kamara as well at #4 in PPR. Definitely have some regret at this point, but towards end of season? That's TBD. Kamara had some small question marks at the draft time. I'm going to be 2-1 in this league and if I had Kamara that wouldn't have changed my record so far (although I would have got the weekly high score $40 this week).

So many players have a shift where they start hot and then come back to earth and the opposite as well. MT out seems to be a huge factor so far for Kamara.

All I know is... I'm glad Henry got his TD's this week and continues to have his volume and had another multi catch game. I'm also glad his YPC went up as the mid 3's the first two weeks was a little worrisome.

2 hours ago, ccimore said:

In standard, it's fine.  In ppr, Kamara should be picked first.  I understand though with the back injury and contract speculation at the beginning of the year.

I'm in .5PPR

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Im saying it's been 3 weeks.

That's not a yes or no...

Well this didn't take long for something like this to happen. If Henry can't play, that makes 5 of my starters out this week...hello 2020, please get better soon.

Ooof.... and it causes a huge ripple effect.

What happens if those games get cancelled? TEN is playing PIT this week, AND MIN plays HOU... so both of those games are impacted by not playing.

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.  

(Alshon's soft tissue would also heal and he'd be a WR1 through 2025.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I think they still play the game. 

Isolate whoever is sick and play ball.

Think they need to test all the players and also wait. I don't think the tests are accurate enough to assume immediately they'll have results. 

Gonna be very interesting to see how this is all handled. With this being the first breakout, we'll have first hand experience on whether or not fantasy will last the season. 

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Think they need to test all the players and also wait. I don't think the tests are accurate enough to assume immediately they'll have results. 

Gonna be very interesting to see how this is all handled. With this being the first breakout, we'll have first hand experience on whether or not fantasy will last the season. 

I think the test is no more than 24 hour wait so they'll know tomorrow.

If Tennessee has no facilities until Saturday, how do they practice their game plan?  It's easy to say "let the healthy players play" but the team has to prep, no?  Doesn't sound like they're shutting down Pittsburgh so that would be an incredibly unfair situation.

Most likely they postpone, I think, unless they can get all the Tennessee players tested today and find another facility to practice in.

Hopefully they prepared for this.  Otherwise, I think everyone who owns Tennessee and Pittsburgh players might be screwed.

Wouldn't be shocked if Tennessee and Pittsburgh get their bye weeks moved up.

Edit: See above

Edited by TwoCan Sam
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Wait for how long? Incubation period is 2 weeks. Contact tracing doesn't work.

Isolate whoever is sick and let those who test negative continue on.

The game could get moved back to Monday but I still doubt the game is cancelled unless a much bigger outbreak than 8 players shows up. 

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Wait for how long? Incubation period is 2 weeks. Contact tracing doesn't work.

Isolate whoever is sick and let those who test negative continue on.

The game could get moved back to Monday but I still doubt the game is cancelled unless a much bigger outbreak than 8 players shows up. 

I still want to know where the Titans will practice if they plan on playing this week.  The simple answer is at another stadium, maybe a college stadium, but what public facility is going to want to have people there who have been in contact with COVID positive people?  How does it work in MLB?