DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

40 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I think they still play the game. 

Isolate whoever is sick and play ball.

Yep. I realize facilities being closed all week isn't ideal but from a strictly COVID standpoint it'd be very easy to proceed with the game as scheduled. 

I'm fairly certain that the "moving bye week" contingency plan will be in effect.  They'll need to have a couple negative tests from both teams and best case scenario a one day practice week in order to get it in Sunday.  Doesn't seem likely to me.

11 minutes ago, meekzy said:

As long as only interior linemen have covid henry should be safe

Henry had almost no interior lineman his first 3 years so he has adapted nicely. I guess when you have a pro bowl LT and RT you run outside. What a novel idea.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Henry had almost no interior lineman his first 3 years so he has adapted nicely. I guess when you have a pro bowl LT and RT you run outside. What a novel idea.

lol thats not why they run outside. its okay that henry has faults

• Like 2

1 minute ago, meekzy said:

lol thats not why they run outside. its okay that henry has faults

So Conklin leaving has had no effect then. Got it. 

Do running backs have strengths and weaknesses? I'd say so, just look at Alvin Kamara's rushing yards, not good. 

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

So Conklin leaving has had no effect then. Got it. 

Do running backs have strengths and weaknesses? I'd say so, just look at Alvin Kamara's rushing yards, not good. 

imagine getting this to this point over a covid joke lol its okay that henry isnt good between the tackles. also kamara doesnt even take that many carriesof course his rushing yards arent high most of his damage is in the passing game while still averaging 5ypc the difference is he can run inside and outside without killing drives. i wouldnt even attribute henry's outside success to conklin and lewan but thats fine if you want to. i just thought he was good outside regardless.

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Cmon bruh I know u know we can't just look at Kamara's rushing yards, it only tells half the story. He's averaging 4.9 yards per attempt and has also been a WR1 (Top 4) so far this season. 

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Cmon bruh I know u know we can't just look at Kamara's rushing yards, it only tells half the story. He's averaging 4.9 yards per attempt and has also been a WR1 (Top 4) so far this season. 

I never took anything away from him. He is great at what he does. All RBs have strengths and weaknesses.

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I never took anything away from him. He is great at what he does. All RBs have strengths and weaknesses.

I know but rushing isn't one of them, he's averaging 4.9 yards per attempt, 5 yards average in his career. You can't fault a player for a gameplan that calls for more usage as a receiver with Michael Thomas out. 

6 minutes ago, meekzy said:

imagine getting this to this point over a covid joke lol its okay that henry isnt good between the tackles. also kamara doesnt even take that many carriesof course his rushing yards arent high most of his damage is in the passing game while still averaging 5ypc the difference is he can run inside and outside without killing drives. i wouldnt even attribute henry's outside success to conklin and lewan but thats fine if you want to. i just thought he was good outside regardless.

It's good to see you agree that all RBs have strengths and weakness and can still be effective.

It's good to see you agree that all RBs have strengths and weakness and can still be effective.

rushing is a weakness for kamara? 

• Haha 1

I know but rushing isn't one of them, he's averaging 4.9 yards per attempt, 5 yards average in his career. You can't fault a player for a gameplan that calls for more usage as a receiver with Michael Thomas out. 

I didn't say any of that. He is good at what he does. He has strength and weaknesses like every other RB. I doubt he could keep that ypc with 300+ carries in a season but we will never know cause he is a different RB with different strengths.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Compared to who?

you said every rb has a weakness, just look at kamara's rushing yards lmao.

1 minute ago, meekzy said:

you said every rb has a weakness, just look at kamara's rushing yards lmao.

Thats right, the fact he won't post high rushing numbers means he is pass catching dependent, which can be a weakness. We can go round and round if you would like but I've only pointed out that all RBs have strengths and weaknesses to their games.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I didn't say any of that. He is good at what he does. He has strength and weaknesses like every other RB. I doubt he could keep that ypc with 300+ carries in a season but we will never know cause he is a different RB with different strengths.

Yeah I guess but even with less touches, he was top 4 overall (excluding QB) only behind Barkley, CMC, Gurley in '18. He had 299 touches

Yeah I guess but even with less touches, he was top 4 overall (excluding QB) only behind Barkley, CMC, Gurley in '18. He had 299 touches

2 years ago? That's cool.

Hopefully he can stay healthy and impress you again this season.

Henry despite Pitt being a good defense should still have a good rushing week this week.

2 years ago? That's cool.

Hopefully he can stay healthy and impress you again this season.

Henry despite Pitt being a good defense should still have a good rushing week this week.

?? Look at this season, he has 438 total yards along with 6 TDs. I've been a supporter of Henry all season, but you gotta give credit where credit is due my man. It's fantasy football, we don't care about rushing/receiving yards individually, we care about the total stats.

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Thats right, the fact he won't post high rushing numbers means he is pass catching dependent, which can be a weakness. We can go round and round if you would like but I've only pointed out that all RBs have strengths and weaknesses to their games.

so efficieny doesnt matter at all? if they run henry up the gut 10 times for 35 yards and kamara runs 5 times for 30 yards that means kamara has a weakness? i mean henry has more yards he must be great up the middle right? its okay that he sucks up the middle, he makes up for it. lol. kills a s***load of drives but still makes up for it eventually.

hn3.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, meekzy said:

so efficieny doesnt matter at all? if they run henry up the gut 10 times for 35 yards and kamara runs 5 times for 30 yards that means kamara has a weakness? i mean henry has more yards he must be great up the middle right? its okay that he sucks up the middle, he makes up for it. lol. kills a s***load of drives but still makes up for it eventually.

hn3.jpg

Nah dude, Henry is a mix of Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and Walter Peyton.  He literally has 0 weaknesses and is the best RB of all time.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kdko said:

Nah dude, Henry is a mix of Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and Walter Peyton.  He literally has 0 weaknesses and is the best RB of all time.

All RBs have strengths and weaknesses.

Kamara has almost twice as many points as Henry. [...] Nobody cares about plodding your way to a rushing title.  One guy averages 7.5 yards a touch and the other averages 3.9.  Kamara gets goaline carries and is a wr 1.  Kamara is on a whole different planet than Henry.  

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed personal attack
  • Like 1

Does the head coach not get fed those stats? Just run Henry on the outside every time, those ypc’s are ridiculous. 

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports that "as of now" the Titans' Week 4 game against the Steelers remains on for 1PM ET on Sunday. 

The Titans aren't even allowed back in their building until Saturday, but Pelissero's colleague Mike Garafolo reports that is not viewed as an impediment to playing. "Titans coaches have told players if they have to go without any work until Saturday, have a walkthrough then and play the Steelers Sunday, then that's what they'll have to do," Garafolo reported. "No excuses." Provided there are no new cases, this actually is the best approach for the Titans and the NFL. Re-scheduling games would be remarkably complex, though a scenario does exist where it would not be overly difficult for Tennessee/Pittsburgh. The league simply does not want to have to already go down that road. Sit tight. The next few days of testing will tell the story.