DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

43 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Kamara has almost twice as many points as Henry. [...] Nobody cares about plodding your way to a rushing title.  One guy averages 7.5 yards a touch and the other averages 3.9.  Kamara gets goaline carries and is a wr 1.  Kamara is on a whole different planet than Henry.  

A plodding rushing champion who leads the NFL in rushing through 3 weeks.

I think most owners are content with that moniker for those kind of results.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

true, just imagine his stats with a ypc that wasn't 34th though! HUGE numbers

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, meekzy said:

Then imagine waiting till the end of the season to pay attention to a stat that can be skewed week to week.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Then imagine waiting till the end of the season to pay attention to a stat that can be skewed week to week.

theres nothing skewed about it, RBs are either efficient or inefficient. so far henry is inefficient but luckily he has volume!

1 minute ago, meekzy said:

theres nothing skewed about it, RBs are either efficient or inefficient. so far henry is inefficient but luckily he has volume!

From a fantasy perspective that's all we care about. He plays on a good team and gets a ton of touches. That's a recipe for fantasy success, no?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

From a fantasy perspective that's all we care about. He plays on a good team and gets a ton of touches. That's a recipe for fantasy success, no?

yeah that's why i said it will be great if he becomes more efficient, which he's expected to.

the only issue with volume based production is that in negative game scripts the outcome will be worse than a RB that has high efficiency.

Edited by meekzy

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Of course you are correct but that notion would not continue the thread discussion even further so it gets neglected. As fantasy players that's all we care about but if you wanted to nit pick to try and win a psuedo argument that is how you would go about it.

When you lead the NFL in rushing people have to nit pick your game to find things to complain about.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, meekzy said:

Zeke, Mixon, and Jacobs all averaging less. Saquon was too. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, young dude said:

Anyone worried about the Titans COVID outbreak? No specific names are out yet.

Of course.

Just now, young dude said:

No not really. It was a LB coach and defensive assistant that tested before the trip...pretty easy to connect the dots that defensive players are likely the ones that caught it...tho it is nothing but pure speculation on my part.

• Like 1

Just now, JoeJoe88 said:

awesome! imagine if henry was more efficient with his carries! 

7 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

No not really. It was a LB coach and defensive assistant that tested before the trip...pretty easy to connect the dots that defensive players are likely the ones that caught it...tho it is nothing but pure speculation on my part.

Henry is pretty much a LB though... 😤

I should probably consider drafting him in my 2 way IDP league

Edited by csv2209

9 minutes ago, young dude said:

Slightly. I thought names of high profile guys would have leaked out already. I think if it's just 8 people out the game still has a good chance of going forward.

The next couple days of testing should be very revealing.

15 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Very true, obviously Saquon is hurt but most the others will have their blow up games like all good RBs and by seasons end their ypc will be around their career averages. 

Common sense for most people.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, young dude said:

not sure where else to ask but as a league commissioner, if titans or Vikings are ruled out for week 4, what kind of protocols can I offer to the league in a situation like this? 

2 minutes ago, apirate said:

not sure where else to ask but as a league commissioner, if titans or Vikings are ruled out for week 4, what kind of protocols can I offer to the league in a situation like this? 

They knew the risks my friend lol

3 minutes ago, apirate said:

If the game is postponed, it will most likely be moved to a bye week, making week 4 the bye.  I don't think any action needs to be taken.

9 minutes ago, apirate said:

Welp I have Derrick Henry haha

A true patriot, I thank you for your service.

Just add some IR spots so anyone out with covid can be put on IR and they can pick up a replacement.  Not ideal but we all knew what we were getting into this season.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It’s fantasy football lol.  Catching passes gets you more points.  Kamara has almost twice as many points.  If Henry was rushing for 200 yards a game then maybe it would matter.  

The fact that Kamara is far more valuable than Henry shows that more leagues need to adopt scoring which gives "Plus x points" per rushing attempt.  Henry is a real life stud and should be valued as such in fantasy as well.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

It’s fantasy football lol.  Catching passes gets you more points.  Kamara has almost twice as many points.  If Henry was rushing for 200 yards a game then maybe it would matter.  

Game scripts have been in his favor for the first few weeks, that's good for him.

200 yard games from Henry are not possible, they are likely. 

39 minutes ago, ccimore said:

If the game is postponed, it will most likely be moved to a bye week, making week 4 the bye.  I don't think any action needs to be taken.

That would be easy enough if Steelers and titans shared a bye week. It'll need some juggling of other games to make that work.