DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

That would be easy enough if Steelers and titans shared a bye week. It'll need some juggling of other games to make that work. 

Steelers Ravens get moved to week 8.

Why are we arguing Kamara v Henry? Why can't two legends coexist.. It could be argued that anyone that didn't draft either of them with a top 3 pick made a mistake because of these injuries.. Henry gonna eat season-long and kamara gonna eat too, but might eat less when MT comes back.. Both are great fantasy and IRL backs (though I think Henry is a better RB all things considered)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ergogh said:

(though I think Henry is a better RB all things considered)

If you were a GM, coach, OC, QB, whatever, you'd prefer Henry on your team over Kamara? Not to derail this thread too much but I feel like Kamara's versatility makes him a much greater weapon than Henry. Also, if I'm a DC, I'm much more worried about scheming to stop Kamara than Henry. 

49 minutes ago, Ergogh said:

Why are we arguing Kamara v Henry? Why can't two legends coexist.. It could be argued that anyone that didn't draft either of them with a top 3 pick made a mistake because of these injuries.. Henry gonna eat season-long and kamara gonna eat too, but might eat less when MT comes back.. Both are great fantasy and IRL backs (though I think Henry is a better RB all things considered)

When you are a HOF talent people find ways to nit pick you. on his bust in Canton Derrick Henrys placard will read:

"Yeah, but....if you check his run charts he wasn't as effective up the middle as he was to the outside"

😂🤷‍♂️

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

When you are a HOF talent people find ways to nit pick you. on his bust in Canton Derrick Henrys placard will read:

"Yeah, but....if you check his run charts he wasn't as effective up the middle as he was to the outside"

😂🤷‍♂️

no... we are talking about this because you said that "all RBs have weaknesses, just look at kamara's rush yards"

also mentioning that henry hasn't been good between the tackles through his career isn't nitpicking its just a factual statement that if he was better in that area these defenses wouldn't put so much effort into containment on the edge and he'd have more success accross the board if he was a bigger threat up the middle than he has been through 4 years.

idk why that's such a controversial thing about henry to bring up lol.

Edited by meekzy

15 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

If you were a GM, coach, OC, QB, whatever, you'd prefer Henry on your team over Kamara? Not to derail this thread too much but I feel like Kamara's versatility makes him a much greater weapon than Henry. Also, if I'm a DC, I'm much more worried about scheming to stop Kamara than Henry. 

I would. I think he isn't utilized to his fullest the way they are using him now and he could easily be used for more dump offs/screen pass type plays... If he were used this way he would be seen as way better than Kamara imo [edit: because he would be more well-rounded] (as that's what people keep bringing up... passes). Henry is a better TRUE RB and we haven't seen his full potential in terms of pass catching yet (I think)

Edited by Ergogh

1 minute ago, Ergogh said:

If he were used this way he would be seen as way better than Kamara imo [edit: because he would be more well-rounded] (as that's what people keep bringing up... passes). Henry is a better TRUE RB and we haven't seen his full potential in terms of pass catching yet (I think)

This is so outrageous I have to challenge you on it. How is Henry better than Kamara? In what ways? I can think of 2 things: stiff arms and top end speed. Every single other facet of being a running back Kamara is better at and many of them much better at.

Just now, furbz420 said:

This is so outrageous I have to challenge you on it. How is Henry better than Kamara? In what ways? I can think of 2 things: stiff arms and top end speed. Every single other facet of being a running back Kamara is better at and many of them much better at.

The beauty of it is we can both have our own opinions and neither of them will matter anyway since we don't own or manage teams irl :]

1 minute ago, Ergogh said:

The beauty of it is we can both have our own opinions and neither of them will matter anyway since we don't own or manage teams irl :]

So do you have any concrete or quantifiable reasons for why Henry is better than Kamara? Or he just...is?

16 minutes ago, meekzy said:

no... we are talking about this because you said that "all RBs have weaknesses, just look at kamara's rush yards"

also mentioning that henry hasn't been good between the tackles through his career isn't nitpicking its just a factual statement that if he was better in that area these defenses wouldn't put so much effort into containment on the edge and he'd have more success accross the board if he was a bigger threat up the middle than he has been through 4 years.

idk why that's such a controversial thing about henry to bring up lol.

It's not.

Just like how Kamara isn't as good of a rusher as Henry. All RBs have strengths and weaknesses.

Kamara would crumble under the weight of 300+ carries in a season. It's ok, the lil guy does other things very well and those things keep him relevant.

Not so sure what's so hard to understand about that.

8 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

So do you have any concrete or quantifiable reasons for why Henry is better than Kamara? Or he just...is?

2019 is a good place to start.

14 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

You forgot durability.

All RBs have strengths and weaknesses. Henry is the best rusher in the NFL, Kamara is the best WR playing RB in the NFL.

It's not hard to figure out.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

All RBs have strengths and weaknesses. Henry is the best rusher in the NFL, Kamara is the best WR playing RB in the NFL.

It's not hard to figure out.

And if Henry was utilized a bit more as a pass catcher (which I hope will happen this year as season progresses), Henry would likely be viewed as THE RB to own in any format

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ergogh said:

And if Henry was utilized a bit more as a pass catcher (which I hope will happen this year as season progresses), Henry would likely be viewed as THE RB to own in any format

Agreed.

There are plenty of great RBs though and they all have weaknesses and many many strengths. 

Derricks matchup with Pittsburgh looks ominous but with his kind of volume he is a set it and forget it RB1 every week.

Also apparently it was D Line that was part of covid scare... Would put Cook and saints o line at risk... Henry looking ok for now

5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It's not.

Just like how Kamara isn't as good of a rusher as Henry. All RBs have strengths and weaknesses.

Kamara would crumble under the weight of 300+ carries in a season. It's ok, the lil guy does other things very well and those things keep him relevant.

Not so sure what's so hard to understand about that.

Kamara has 800 touches in 48 games, he has more touches per game than henry has. he also doesn't need an entire offensive philosophy catered to handholding him to the edge because he can't hit a hole like every other RB in the league. Henry has one dimension get outside, stiff arm and run fast... that's it. kamara can do it ALLL. not even a close argument, kamara has no major weakness, henry has several but they get covered up because his team knows his strengths and caters to them and it works, so good for them!

Derrick Henry is a great RB.

Kamara is better. The end. You're welcome.

3 minutes ago, meekzy said:

Kamara has 800 touches in 48 games, he has more touches per game than henry has. he also doesn't need an entire offensive philosophy catered to handholding him to the edge because he can't hit a hole like every other RB in the league. Henry has one dimension get outside, stiff arm and run fast... that's it. kamara can do it ALLL. not even a close argument, kamara has no major weakness, henry has several but they get covered up because his team knows his strengths and caters to them and it works, so good for them!

Kamara has weaknesses. You are just unwilling to admit them because it does not suit your narrative.

Kamara is fragile, it is why Henry was better than him by a country mile last year and why every Kamara owner watches with baited breath to make sure he makes it out of every game healthy. He is not durable or he would be getting more useage, saints are afraid he will break and I don't blame them. He splits Goal line reps with Latavius Murray and Henry does not split his with anybody so Henry is likely to end up with more TDs. 

Kamara is wonderful at what he does, kudos to him. He doesnt break off 60, 70+ TDs with regularity like King Henry does so naturally Henry is more explosive and tougher to tackle. 

Henry wins the YAC battle too for their careers.

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Kamara has weaknesses. You are just unwilling to admit them because it does not suit your narrative.

Kamara is fragile, it is why Henry was better than him by a country mile last year and why every Kamara owner watches with baited breath to make sure he makes it out of every game healthy. He is not durable or he would be getting more useage, saints are afraid he will break and I don't blame them. He splits Goal line reps with Latavius Murray and Henry does not split his with anybody so Henry is likely to end up with more TDs. 

Kamara is wonderful at what he does, kudos to him. He doesnt break off 60, 70+ TDs with regularity like King Henry does so naturally Henry is more explosive and tougher to tackle. 

Henry wins the YAC battle too for their careers.

he's missed 3 games in 3 years thats pretty expected for someone touching the ball 800 times in that span, if durability is his huge weakness then sure lmao if that's fragile idk what to tell you. Kamara is in a lot more unsafe positions, runs routes and brings another dynamic to the saints offense. 

kamara wins in yards per touch what's your point? Kamara makes people miss henry runs in a straight line and weighs 240 of course he would have more yards after contact that doesn't make him a better RB. To be a better runner you need to have better than trent richardson numbers between the tackles lol.

do you really want to compare careers? 

4 minutes ago, meekzy said:

he's missed 3 games in 3 years thats pretty expected for someone touching the ball 800 times in that span, if durability is his huge weakness then sure lmao if that's fragile idk what to tell you. Kamara is in a lot more unsafe positions, runs routes and brings another dynamic to the saints offense. 

kamara wins in yards per touch what's your point? Kamara makes people miss henry runs in a straight line and weighs 240 of course he would have more yards after contact that doesn't make him a better RB. To be a better runner you need to have better than trent richardson numbers between the tackles lol.

do you really want to compare careers? 

Ah, lacking context as usual. Obviously not your strong suit.

Kamara took 1 hit in the fantasy playoffs his rookie year and was out for the game.

He had 1 good year

Then last year he was hurt and came back and played hurt pretty much tanking most people's seasons.

Henry wins in TDs and YAC, so what? 

As I have laid out so eloquently before each RB has strength and weaknesses. Henry is bigger, stronger, tougher, more durable, full time goal line back, lots to like about him.

Lots to like about Kamara too.

Henry is the best runner in the NFL as highlighted by his 2019 rushing title, arguing with that is like arguing with a brick wall 🧱

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, meekzy said:

Wait do you think Henry is better than CMC too?

Yes, Henry is a better runner than CMC.

He was in college and he still is now.

Cmc and Kamara are good at catching passes though.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ah, lacking context as usual. Obviously not your strong suit.

Kamara took 1 hit in the fantasy playoffs his rookie year and was out for the game.

He had 1 good year

Then last year he was hurt and came back and played hurt pretty much tanking most people's seasons.

Henry wins in TDs and YAC, so what? 

As I have laid out so eloquently before each RB has strength and weaknesses. Henry is bigger, stronger, tougher, more durable, full time goal line back, lots to like about him.

Lots to like about Kamara too.

Henry is the best runner in the NFL as highlighted by his 2019 rushing title, arguing with that is like arguing with a brick wall 🧱

yeah you're right henry is good at running. kamara and CMC and other top backs are good at running and everything else, including running other than outside ;) i'll agree! 

at least henry in 2019 did finally make up for his first 2.5 years in the league.

• Like 1