DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

henry is good at running straight 30 times a game in hopes of his 0-line opening a big hole a few times for a couple long gains. 

Edited by TroutFister
  • Haha 1

Just now, meekzy said:

yeah you're right henry is good at running. kamara and CMC and other top backs are good at running and everything else, including running other than outside ;) i'll agree! 

at least henry in 2019 did finally make up for his first 2.5 years in the league.

He finally got the right coaches who realized how to use him vs other RBs who go to good situations to thrive from the day they were drafted.

So far this season Henry has been twice the runner that Kamara is but that's ok. All RBs have strengths and weakness. Kamara is rushing good for a WR playing RB but he is not nor will he ever be as good of a runner as Henry is. Fortunately for fantasy football, real life football, potential hall of fame inductions and everything else that matters whether Henry "ran it up the middle" is never going to matter. He ran up the middle for 2 tuddies just fine last Sunday.

Kamara is good at catching the football and that helps buoy his fantasy numbers, thankfully cause when it comes to toting the rock he is not even half the man DH is.

4 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

henry is good at running straight 30 times a game in hopes of his 0-line opening a big hole a few times for a couple long gains. 

Won himself a rushing title and a lot of people a fantasy championship last year. Pretty good for a guy who "runs straight" 30 times a game.

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He finally got the right coaches who realized how to use him vs other RBs who go to good situations to thrive from the day they were drafted.

So far this season Henry has been twice the runner that Kamara is but that's ok. All RBs have strengths and weakness. Kamara is rushing good for a WR playing RB but he is not nor will he ever be as good of a runner as Henry is. Fortunately for fantasy football, real life football, potential hall of fame inductions and everything else that matters whether Henry "ran it up the middle" is never going to matter. He ran up the middle for 2 tuddies just fine last Sunday.

Kamara is good at catching the football and that helps buoy his fantasy numbers, thankfully cause when it comes to toting the rock he is not even half the man DH is.

I still remember in 2018 watching henry every week rush for 58 yards or under up until week 13... zeke is also a better true runner than henry.

henry has some huge games but he also has like 10 regular season games out of 63 where he rushed over 100. zeke has like 26 and a bunch of 95+ over the same time frame.

Edited by meekzy

5 minutes ago, meekzy said:

I still remember in 2018 watching henry every week rush for 58 yards or under up until week 13... zeke is also a better true runner than henry.

henry has some huge games but he also has like 10 regular season games out of 63 where he rushed over 100. zeke has like 26 and a bunch of 95+ over the same time frame.

2018? Lol, he was splitting reps with the ghost of Demarco Murray

Funny you mention Zeke, over their last 800 touches Derrick has blown Zeke away.

Zeke didn't come Into the league as a timeshare RB by a terrible coaching staff.

Your posts lack context and are disingenuous.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

19 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Won himself a rushing title and a lot of people a fantasy championship last year. Pretty good for a guy who "runs straight" 30 times a game.

his biggest strength is his size and durability. for him running 30 straight will end up getting you fantasy pts. law of percentages. hes not a good running back, he's just a wrecking ball. that's valuable. but don't bother calling him talented. 

Edited by TroutFister

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Funny you mention Zeke, over their last 800 touches Derrick has blown Zeke away.

Zeke didn't come Into the league as a timeshare RB by a terrible coaching staff.

Your posts lack context and are disingenuous.

henry took 2 years to have two 100 yard games,to top that off he came into 2018 and didnt rush over 60 yards in 13 weeks... not sure how thats the leagues best runner. he had a good 2019 though... that career though not so hot as a whole.

8 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

his biggest strength is his size and durability. for him running 30 straight will end up getting you fantasy pts. law of percentages. hes not a good running back, he's just a wrecking ball. that's valuable. but don't bother calling him talented. 

Non talented people win rushing titles?

That's news to me.

Well thought out post on your part but you forgot to call him a plodder

2 minutes ago, meekzy said:

henry took 2 years to have two 100 yard games,to top that off he came into 2018 and didnt rush over 60 yards in 13 weeks... not sure how thats the leagues best runner. he had a good 2019 though... that career though not so hot as a whole.

Henry was drafted into an ugly timeshare with an inept coaching staff. 

If you don't know that then you lack credibility.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Non talented people win rushing titles?

That's news to me.

Well thought out post on your part but you forgot to call him a plodder

being big an durable got him that title. and yes he's a bit of a plodder. if i were a coach, i'd look to actively create my own derrick henrys by converting LB's into Rbs. let's gooooo

• Haha 1

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Henry was drafted into an ugly timeshare with an inept coaching staff. 

If you don't know that then you lack credibility.

kamara has been in a timeshare his whole career and dominates with the touches he gets, henry his first three years just didnt do much.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, meekzy said:

kamara has been in a timeshare his whole career and dominates with the touches he gets, henry his first three years just didnt do much.

Lacking context. That's ok, people can judge for themselves.

14 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

being big an durable got him that title. and yes he's a bit of a plodder. if i were a coach, i'd look to actively create my own derrick henrys by converting LB's into Rbs. let's gooooo

Vse8tgkJ_400x400.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mikepferrara said:

Let me tell ya this dude is the exact opposite of one dimensional...

#plodder

Isn’t being a plodder one dimensional?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Henry crushed it last week .... and we still have doubters? Makes no sense. 

doubters where?

28 minutes ago, mikepferrara said:

Let me tell ya this dude is the exact opposite of one dimensional...

#plodder

*psst* should we tell him, or just let him keep going? 

Is there really an argument about Henry and Kamara? You guys have nothing better to do?? Lol. Both are studs and very different in their approach to the game and in their styles of play. And frankly, who cares? I’d happily have either one as my RB1. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ergogh said:

Also apparently it was D Line that was part of covid scare... Would put Cook and saints o line at risk... Henry looking ok for now

Why the Saints? They haven’t played the Vikings or Titans...

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It is, and he is pretty good. Gotta be painful though, that your favorite player will never be elite on the fantasy stage. And all he would need to do is add a very simple wrinkle to his game. If the coaching staff could just trust him to catch a few dump offs every week it would make him a great fantasy player. But he'll always just be pretty good cause he lacks a glaring an relatively easy part of the running back skill set. 

49 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

It is, and he is pretty good. Gotta be painful though, that your favorite player will never be elite on the fantasy stage. And all he would need to do is add a very simple wrinkle to his game. If the coaching staff could just trust him to catch a few dump offs every week it would make him a great fantasy player. But he'll always just be pretty good cause he lacks a glaring an relatively easy part of the running back skill set. 

Didn't hurt him last year. Seems to do fine with having huge games.

😉

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

7 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Why are people comparing Kamara vs Henry they are not in the same league?

You’re damn right! Kamara is a WR. Derrick Henry is a RB. He’s like the Jim Brown of the 21st century. 

spacer.png

Edited by FitzMagic

26 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Why are people comparing Kamara vs Henry they are not in the same league?

More importantly they’re completely different players. They work better in different personnel on different teams. The reality is both are a better fit in their organization than the other and I doubt either team would want to swap RBs.

• Like 1