DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

I love the guy.  I want him to be a stud.  I think he is a stud.  Honest opinion watching this game though, only two runs looked like he had juice to me.  All the others looked like he was running in mud.

• Like 1

I don’t care what the f’ else he did, he embarrassed the chit out of that pansy Josh Norman... and that’s worth more than any amount of fantasy points to me. ❤️

• Haha 2

Like I’ve said before .. I was dead set on making sure I had plenty shares of Henry this year cause It seems like everytime I’ve played AGAINST somebody who had him late in the season The last 2 years he kills me!! 
I’m not gonna lie I’ve been tempted to sell but imma hold on cause I know soon as I do those Blowup games will start coming or I’ll have to play against somebody with him in the playoffs again lol 

Just saw the highlights and that was a stiff arm for the ages!  The King should be sponsored by Viagara.

Also:  His 10 yard TD was set up by a simple juke to the inside cut...everybody over-pursued and he walks in.  How bout any semblance of misdirection between the 20's and making those Defenses pay for their over pursuit?  Our boy in space is nearly unstoppable but we keep em between the tackles.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

LeGarrete Blount

Actually a pretty legitimate comparison. Blount was underrated. Henry does not like especially agile or shifty right now, not quite plodding but his runs are mostly of the stiff 1 to 2 yard variety.

This is my third straight year having this guy on my team and I don’t buy into the comments saying he’s looking slower and less agile. This is his game. He will plod for 2-3 yards a carry and break a long one for over 50. The long TDs will come, be patient. I’m not concerned about him at all, but I am a little annoyed because there have been many drives this season where the Titans got inside the 5 yard line and threw for a TD. Great if you’re a titans fan, not so much when you’re a Henry fantasy owner. I thought this could be the year a player gets close to breaking Ladanian’s TD record and certainly Henry would be a candidate to do it. 

Edited by TheFire
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BearDownBears said:

The TDs are nice but that's now 3/4 games you could've replaced him with Jordan Howard and nobody would've noticed a difference

Exactly what I came here to post. People want to keep talking about volume and TDs but literally any running back in the league would have his numbers right now on this team with that many opportunities. Hell I bet some guys who aren't even in the league. 

1 hour ago, BearDownBears said:

They rested him the last series of the game but the real problem is that even without Darrynton Evans he was never in on 3rd down. At this point the hope of him being a 3 down back is dead and buried. 

Oh this is 100% dead. The chatter about him being involved in the passing game was utter nonsense. That ship has definitely sailed. 

1 hour ago, ccimore said:

I love the guy.  I want him to be a stud.  I think he is a stud.  Honest opinion watching this game though, only two runs looked like he had juice to me.  All the others looked like he was running in mud.

He ALWAYS looks like this. He's the least fun high-end fantasy player to watch in the entire league. He is one hundred percent volume, TD, and gamescript dependent. 

And yes I know he's had a few long highlight reel plays in his career, but without those (like this year thus far) he looks extremely ordinary, below ordinary honestly.  

When evaluating Henry real life and fantasy are two different conversations.

In real life he’s a very specific niche back that fits a very good role. Not only is he fairly one dimensional due to pass game usage but also in terms of his running. If he can’t get up to speed or have holes he will plod. If he can get up to speed he is one of the best RBs in the NFL and does things like what he did to Norman. The problem is the NFL doesn’t exactly allow a lot of those opportunities. He’s also a very good GL back due to his size.

In fantasy he gets 20+ carries almost every game if not close and gets a ton of GL carries. That’ll get you RB1 production alone. If things start to open up a bit and those longer runs start to show you’ll get RB3-5 on the season. 

17 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Exactly what I came here to post. People want to keep talking about volume and TDs but literally any running back in the league would have his numbers right now on this team with that many opportunities. Hell I bet some guys who aren't even in the league. 

Oh this is 100% dead. The chatter about him being involved in the passing game was utter nonsense. That ship has definitely sailed. 

He ALWAYS looks like this. He's the least fun high-end fantasy player to watch in the entire league. He is one hundred percent volume, TD, and gamescript dependent. 

And yes I know he's had a few long highlight reel plays in his career, but without those (like this year thus far) he looks extremely ordinary, below ordinary honestly.  

The back half of last year, he was must watch TV.  

31 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

If you are that miserable owning him, you should just trade him. His value is plenty high right now. Hell trade me him, I'll give you CEH. Deal?

• Like 1

The best thing, right now, is that Tanne looks like a really good QB--one that can absolutely keep the defense more than honest...and AJB, plus Jonnu look like absolute alphas out there...the run blocking doesn't need to be much past average and he will hit his stride (because they are gonna stick with it)...profit is still very much on the horizon here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The beautiful thing about Derrick Henry is you don't need any deep analytics of his game. He's big and fast in open space and he plays for a team that's willing to give him 25 rushing attempts per game and all the GL opportunities.

This isn't complex stuff folks.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

The best thing, right now, is that Tanne looks like a really good QB--one that can absolutely keep the defense more than honest...and AJB, plus Jonnu look like absolute alphas out there...the run blocking doesn't need to be much past average and he will hit his stride (because they are gonna stick with it)...profit is still very much on the horizon here.

Teams are loading up the box against him and making Tannehill beat them with his arm. In real life this is a tuff tandem to stop. If you have henry, try to get Tannehill as well. Bases are covered and together this year in ppr, I think they average just above 35 points per week. One will open it up for the other. Plus you account for pretty much every titans TD.

Going forward, I can see teams relaxing the box once Tannehill shreds some teams in the next few weeks.

Edited by jkendrick2
more content

7 minutes ago, jkendrick2 said:

Teams are loading up the box against him and making Tannehill beat them with his arm. In real life this is a tuff tandem to stop. If you have henry, try to get Tannehill as well. Bases are covered and together this year in ppr, I think they average just above 35 points per week.

??? I have heard of the QB-WR stack because they feed each other points.  Never heard of a QB-RB stack to cover.  I mean it could work but usually you go for the stack to get double points.  Not the case with Henry and Tenny

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

??? I have heard of the QB-WR stack because they feed each other points.  Never heard of a QB-RB stack to cover.  I mean it could work but usually you go for the stack to get double points.  Not the case with Henry and Tenny

I think of it as a safety net. But I wouldn't do a QB-RB stack with every team. Maybe my logic is backwards, but it has saved me a few wins this year.

1 minute ago, jkendrick2 said:

I think of it as a safety net. But I wouldn't do a QB-RB stack with every team. Maybe my logic is backwards, but it has saved me a few wins this year.

Fair enough and tonight it would of worked.  But really how many times is Tanney gonna throw for 3 tds in under 200 yds with a rushing td while Henry scores 2tds.  I would say this is probably the only time all year we see that.

2 hours ago, youngrice said:

Fair enough and tonight it would of worked.  But really how many times is Tanney gonna throw for 3 tds in under 200 yds with a rushing td while Henry scores 2tds.  I would say this is probably the only time all year we see that.

That ideal situation won't happen the rest of the year. 

Looking at the stat lines for Henry and Tannehill, one or the other has a break out game depending on the game script. My argument was that together in your lineup and can average a set amount of points between two roster spots with a pretty descent floor. I like to think of it as a safety net for fluke games. 

Edited by jkendrick2
Grammar

4 hours ago, n4sa said:

The beautiful thing about Derrick Henry is you don't need any deep analytics of his game. He's big and fast in open space and he plays for a team that's willing to give him 25 rushing attempts per game and all the GL opportunities.

This isn't complex stuff folks.

... and he doesn't get injured. 

ya know, for the amount of pounding and bruising this cat endures, it's remarkable. 

2020 hindsight (see whut i did thar?) with the players bandied about for top half of 1sr rd:

CMC, Barkley, Cook, MT13 all injured. 

Zeke middlin' on a pass happy squad, though that is soon to change. 

CEH has severely underwhelmed. 

Kamara has been the only other one who has stood out. 

el Tractercito, baby.

this Titans team looks incredible, to boot ... hell, Davis and Humph are no world beaters, but once they return to take some pressure off, it's gonna hum even more. 

the three man beasts (Hendry/Jonnu,/AJ) they employ are an awesome advantage unlike any other team in this leeg ... and ol' Tennyhillz is as efficient as any qb playing.  period. 

this team literally effed around for 2 weeks then blew the Bills out the water like a pee wee team. 

hoe leeee chit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He’s such a beast. It’s awesome that the Titans are 4-0. As we keep inching further along their will be a lot of teams with nothing to play for. These teams will not be super motivated to get in Henry’s way.