DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

10 hours ago, atrium said:

If you are that miserable owning him, you should just trade him. His value is plenty high right now. Hell trade me him, I'll give you CEH. Deal?

In PPR I would (although his usage is a bit concerning), assuming by some off chance LeVeon doesn't end up there. CEH is a great but low right now IMO. 

And keep in mind, Henry was drafted ahead of CEH in literally every league, so a more apt comp would be Kamara or Cook. 

10 hours ago, jkendrick2 said:

Going forward, I can see teams relaxing the box once Tannehill shreds some teams in the next few weeks.

100% agree with this. There were several running plays last night where there were nine guys in the box. Teams are continuing to make Tannehill beat them, which is smart, and thankfully for Henry owners he's doing just that. 

2 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

@BGDDYKWL should honestly just trade Henry from all your teams already so I don't have to keep reading your negative takes in this thread. 

The world isn't rainbows and marshmallows. This is a discussion board. Do people really want to come in here and see the 50th post of tractercito, king Henry, or a stiff arm on a 1-yard run that was called back? 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

In PPR I would (although his usage is a bit concerning), assuming by some off chance LeVeon doesn't end up there. CEH is a great but low right now IMO. 

And keep in mind, Henry was drafted ahead of CEH in literally every league, so a more apt comp would be Kamara or Cook. 

100% agree with this. There were several running plays last night where there were none guys in the box. Teams are continuing to make Tannehill beat them, which is smart, and thankfully for Henry owners he's doing just that. 

The world isn't rainbows and marshmallows. This is a discussion board. Do people really want to come in here and see the 50th post of tractercito, King Hendry, or a stiff arm on a 1-yard run that was called back? 

fixed  

oh, and ... 

SlimyFeistyBear-small.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reasons I drafted him 

1)  He is massive and much less likely to suffer an injury.  Not many 6ft3 or 4... 240 lb backs.  

2)  He is money on the goal line.   Nothing frustrates me more than having my back get to the 5 yard line and watching a jet sweep or play action because their team knows they cant plow through.

3) Tannehill... teams sell out to stop Henry and he has come through and burnt them for the last two years.

4) Some games he will absolutely destroy the defense and be able to run at will against them.  I watched this last year at the end of the year.   Defenders were shying away from contact and he was having massive games at the end of the year. 

I drafted the guy knowing some teams would completely load the box and get some low yardage games.   The fact the Tannehill made Buffalo pay is positive for Henry owners.   Teams cannot load up the box and expect to win a game.   

• Like 1

Whats most concerning about Henry is his production in the pass game is super minimal, and has only topped 20 ppr points once so far this year. Henry's going to have to score 16 tds to maintain value. For example backs like Mike Davis are running circles around Henry in ppr leagues.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Henry's going to have to score 16 tds to maintain value. 

that's it? 16??!? 

pffffft 

tenor.gif

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Whats most concerning about Henry is his production in the pass game is super minimal, and has only topped 20 ppr points once so far this year. Henry's going to have to score 16 tds to maintain value. For example backs like Mike Davis are running circles around Henry in ppr leagues.

But you knew this when you drafted him. Maybe he grabs more receptions vs. last year, but I wouldn't count on it.

I took him #5 in PPR. And I'm good. He is the clear #1 RB on a run first offense. He's going to get the ball when TN has the positive game scripts (which is probably going to be most of the time). 

Last night I was super concerned BUF was going to turn this into a track meet. They didn't. And in a game where you could tell they didn't really want to overload Henry's plate after two weeks of inactivity, he still got his.

You can't expect 25 pts every week from your first round draft pick. There will be some peaks and valleys. That's why you draft the rest of your team to smooth out performance.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

But you knew this when you drafted him. Maybe he grabs more receptions vs. last year, but I wouldn't count on it.

I took him #5 in PPR. And I'm good. He is the clear #1 RB on a run first offense. He's going to get the ball when TN has the positive game scripts (which is probably going to be most of the time). 

Last night I was super concerned BUF was going to turn this into a track meet. They didn't. And in a game where you could tell they didn't really want to overload Henry's plate after two weeks of inactivity, he still got his.

You can't expect 25 pts every week from your first round draft pick. There will be some peaks and valleys. That's why you draft the rest of your team to smooth out performance.

Right perfect game script last game, and yet he fails to crack 20 ppr points. Just Kamaras receiving stats are more points then what Henry has to put into perspective. In ppr receptions add up really fast as opposed to the TD dependent guys.

• Like 1

Anyone see that stiff arm on the DB? Holy smokes 

Edited by bhawks489

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

Anyone see that stiff arm on the DB? Holy smokes 

i missed the game ... got a link/gif/clip?

🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘

• Like 2

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i missed the game ... got a link/gif/clip?

🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘

its twice on this page alone lol

Just now, meekzy said:

its twice on this page alone lol

.... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand WHOOOOOOOSH!

🌬

• Haha 2

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

.... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand WHOOOOOOOSH!

🌬

ahh a dumb repost joke i get it now ;)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Yep, took him at 4 in ppr. Wanted Kamara but gone at 3. Zeke was there and I took Henry. I think jury's out on whether Zeke or Henry finishes higher in ppr when it's said and done. What's certain IMO is that Henry will need double digit touchdowns (probably closer to 20) in order to return early 1st round value. If presented the same decision today between Zeke and Henry, I possibly take Zeke ONLY because Dak is out.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, young dude said:

Yep, took him at 4 in ppr. Wanted Kamara but gone at 3. Zeke was there and I took Henry. I think jury's out on whether Zeke or Henry finishes higher in ppr when it's said and done. What's certain IMO is that Henry will need double digit touchdowns (probably closer to 20) in order to return early 1st round value. If presented the same decision today between Zeke and Henry, I possibly take Zeke ONLY because Dak is out.

If you're happy with your pick then I'm happy for you. That said, Zeke badly outproduced Henry with Dak this year, and he'll outproduce him the rest of the way.

There are some guys where I can understand making an argument for Henry over them, Zeke isn't one.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

If you're happy with your pick then I'm happy for you. That said, Zeke badly outproduced Henry with Dak this year, and he'll outproduce him the rest of the way.

There are some guys where I can understand making an argument for Henry over them, Zeke isn't one.

Eh I'd say that the odds of Zeke being the higher scorer all season is higher for sure.

Week 14 to 16 though, oh boy, I'd take Henry over just about every other non QB player. Those matchups are uber juicy.

On 10/14/2020 at 11:04 AM, straightfire118 said:

update?

• Haha 8