DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

Derrick Henry (264) had more total yards yesterday than the New York Giants, Cleveland Browns, Chicago Bears, New York Jets and Green Bay Packers.

Derrick Henry becomes first player in NFL history to run for 200+ yards in a single game in three consecutive seasons

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 5

This dude is a savage. Sucks they lost Lewan for the season but I expect Henry to keep rolling. 

2 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

Lewan tore his ACL. Confirmed.

How will this impact Henry?

I mean it’s not ideal, but there is absolutely no reason to keep Henry out of your RB1 slot ROS. 

When Henry lined up at QB on that last play I felt like i was watching my madden games from 2003.   I would create a 6ft3 -240-260 LB running back with 100 strength and 100 speed... It somehow came alive ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure I've ever seen a runner in the NFL for whom stacked boxes are meaningless, and who can run away from defenders the length of the field. How do you defend that player?

Chris Johnson could run away from everybody, but he wasn't bullying through stacked boxes. Larry Csonka could bully through stacked boxes, but he wasn't running away from anybody. Henry does both.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Thats a great video.

Henry smoked #50 and outran justin Reid.

Aj brown came like a 🚀 there at the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The 7th Beatles said:

I cannot imagine being a safety in the open field and having a 250lb dude running at me approaching speeds of 22 mph.   You know it is going to hurt bad... no matter how you try and bring that down. 

• Like 1

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Finally enjoying the King Hendry experience?

I’ve been fine with him all year unlike some people in this thread but this is the first week he really delivered on exactly what I drafted him for. There’s no doubt Henry in open space is the most exciting RB to watch. I still think he plods for a good majority of his runs when there’s no room but damn the other runs make it worth it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I’ve been fine with him all year unlike some people in this thread but this is the first week he really delivered on exactly what I drafted him for. There’s no doubt Henry in open space is the most exciting RB to watch. I still think he plods for a good majority of his runs when there’s no room but damn the other runs make it worth it. 

That's what HOF'ers do. They lull you to sleep and then proceed to set NFL records against you.

20 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That's what HOF'ers do. They lull you to sleep and then proceed to set NFL records against you.

... guess they never watched Barry Sanders play -

his stat line would look like:

0, 1, -3, 0, 6, 1, 12, -2, 0, 5, -1, 4, 76 YD TD, 0, 3, -1, 27, 2, 1, -5, 0, 6, -2, 33YD TD 

etcetcetc 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... guess they never watched Barry Sanders play -

his stat line would look like:

0, 1, -3, 0, 6, 1, 12, -2, 0, 5, -1, 4, 76 YD TD, 0, 3, -1, 27, 2, 1, -5, 0, 6, -2, 33YD TD 

etcetcetc 

Thank you for this. 

Not every rushing attempt is going to go for 5+ yards.

Funny thing I've noticed, why don't any of these defenders just chase Henry down from behind and tackle him like they do to most other RBs?

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2020 at 6:58 PM, BGDDYKWL said:

Even with today's absolute monster game, Zeke has still outscored him in PPR. 

Update? 

• Thanks 2

On 10/18/2020 at 5:00 PM, battle2heaven said:

you quite possibly might be the most annoying poster on this forum. And that’s saying a lot. 

All I said was he was disappointing to start the year. That's still true. I never said there was no hope or he couldn't turn it around. But the fact remains. 

12 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Update? 

Zeke still has more points. He also lost Dak which hurts him tremendously. It's a very fluid league week to week. Zeke's situation doesn't look nearly as good as it did 8 days ago. And Henry had one of his monster runs. I own Henry so I'm glad. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

All I said was he was disappointing to start the year. That's still true. I never said there was no hope or he couldn't turn it around. But the fact remains. 

Zeke still has more points. He also lost Dak which hurts him tremendously. It's a very fluid league week to week. Zeke's situation doesn't look nearly as good as it did 8 days ago. And Henry had one of his monster runs. I own Henry so I'm glad. 

Yeah, and he just lost two more fumbles. But If you’re still a believer I’m sure the Zeke owner will accept King Henry for him! 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, smash10033 said:

I cannot imagine being a safety in the open field and having a 250lb dude running at me approaching speeds of 22 mph.   You know it is going to hurt bad... no matter how you try and bring that down. 

No joke, I’d rather a car accidentally backup into me against a wall than Derrick Henry in pads running full speed at me with that crazed look in his eyes. 

5 minutes ago, Tenner said:

No joke, I’d rather a car accidentally backup into me against a wall than Derrick Henry in pads running full speed at me with that crazed look in his eyes. 

No you wouldnt

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Henry already had his bye and has 0.5 less points 

• Like 2