DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

14 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Henry already had his bye and has 0.5 less points 

I realize all of this. A poster with a bone to pick condescendingly asked me how's Zeke doing now, because I said drafting Zeke over Henry was the correct choice on draft day, so I simply responded. 

I'm fully aware that Henry had a MUCH better week, and with Dak out things may in fact look better for Henry moving forward. 

I wasn't dissapointed in his 1st 2 weeks when he averaged 100 rushing yards per game

I'm certainly not dissapointed now, 3 weeks later where he has upped his average to over 100 yards a game and over 1 TD per game.

I'm still extremely nervous about this weekend. Everyone told me not to be with Kareem Hunt facing the Steelers defense and we saw what happened. Obviously most people don't have a better option, but I'm expecting a slow down for this weekend.

17 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

I'm still extremely nervous about this weekend. Everyone told me not to be with Kareem Hunt facing the Steelers defense and we saw what happened. Obviously most people don't have a better option, but I'm expecting a slow down for this weekend.

I wouldn't be nearly as nervous as last week. The Titans actually have a balanced offensive attack, which allows Henry to not face a stacked box as much. If you look at the Browns not only do they have a terrible history against the Steelers, but their personnel doesn't match up. Titans don't have that issue. Would I temper expectations a bit? Sure, but he is still a locked and loaded RB1 this week

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Ive got Him and Conner in my line-up this week, and definitely feel less comfortable than I would hope to.  Regardless though, who are you going to put in his place... Gotta start your studs and hope they find a way to flourish.  I can see a pass by Tanny ending in the 5 and DH punching it in.  TEN is a well oiled machine on Offense, and while losing Lewan is a big blow, they have an extremely balanced attack. CLE just straight shat the bed in an expected CLE way against good teams.  I'm expecting for TEN to be much more resilient

• Like 1

I don’t expect big yardage but he is the best GL back in the league so always a threat to punch it in.

Steelers only giving up 66 yards per game on the ground but their secondary is leaky so expecting Tannehill to have success via the air.

28 minutes ago, mrschrod said:

I wouldn't be nearly as nervous as last week. The Titans actually have a balanced offensive attack, which allows Henry to not face a stacked box as much. If you look at the Browns not only do they have a terrible history against the Steelers, but their personnel doesn't match up. Titans don't have that issue. Would I temper expectations a bit? Sure, but he is still a locked and loaded RB1 this week

This is spot on. PIT will have to respect the titans balanced attack. They were stacking VS CLE making Mayfield beat them in the air which he cannot do. Pretty sure Henry wont score another 40 but he should be fine. 

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I realize all of this. A poster with a bone to pick condescendingly asked me how's Zeke doing now, because I said drafting Zeke over Henry was the correct choice on draft day, so I simply responded. 

I'm fully aware that Henry had a MUCH better week, and with Dak out things may in fact look better for Henry moving forward. 

don't worry i got crucified for saying imagine if henry was better between the tackles to pair with his ability on the edge, unfortunately alabama fans only allow worship regardless of flaws 🤣

• Like 1

LOVE The King right now but it's Week 7. Still maybe a bit early but I'd start making plans to pickup Jeremy McNichols if you have Henry. Henry is getting a LOT of workload right now, has a tough schedule Weeks 9-13 and no more BYE weeks to rest and recoup. Just sayin.

1 hour ago, jagsfan05 said:

I would temper expectations a bit, but I still expect a solid week. Hey may not crack 100 yards rushing but I do expect a td. 

• Like 1

If he runs 100+ yards past this Steelers defense, then we might be seeing an all time great rushing season here (2k+ rushing yards). 

35 minutes ago, meekzy said:

don't worry i got crucified for saying imagine if henry was better between the tackles to pair with his ability on the edge, unfortunately alabama fans only allow worship regardless of flaws 🤣

Right, If he was good between the tackles in addition to his outside prowess he might rush for 400 yards in a game instead of 220.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

25 minutes ago, MJLM said:

LOVE The King right now but it's Week 7. Still maybe a bit early but I'd start making plans to pickup Jeremy McNichols if you have Henry. Henry is getting a LOT of workload right now, has a tough schedule Weeks 9-13 and no more BYE weeks to rest and recoup. Just sayin.

Very forward thinking of you. Not sure if Hendry's body type is conducive to this kind of pounding. 

We saw that McNichols had a few nice runs when Henry was not in the game.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Right, If he was good between the tackles in addition to his outside prowess he might rush for 400 yards in a game instead of 220.

of all the takes you went with this one? lol 

16 minutes ago, TheFire said:

If he runs 100+ yards past this Steelers defense, then we might be seeing an all time great rushing season here (2k+ rushing yards). 

could happen if he breaks off some outside runs, henry in the past has struggled with inside pressure before he gets moving and the stealers get a lot. titans line has been blocking well though, opened up some big holes last game.

1 minute ago, meekzy said:

of all the takes you went with this one? lol 

It was appropriate.

I don't mind if/when people are wrong. I actually thought I was wrong once but it turned out that I was mistaken.

Henry has never had a problem running between the tackles, I think objective observers know this. He leads the league in yards after contact and constantly pushes stacked boxes for extra yardage between the tackles and he softens the defense for play action and as the defense gets more and more tired Henry picks up more and more steam. His ability to get outside is an excellent attribute but his best contribution is pounding the ball in between the tackles to suck the defense in thus making play action that much more devastating.

Henry has his flaws like all RBs, he isn't an elite route runner, he doesn't have the best hands, he could tighten up some of his pass blocking skills but running between the tackles isn't one of them.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, MJLM said:

Is he still the guy once Evans is back off IR though(if they activate him). Could be wrong but I feel like he was getting hyped before the injury

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It was appropriate.

I don't mind if/when people are wrong. I actually thought I was wrong once but it turned out that I was mistaken.

Henry has never had a problem running between the tackles, I think objective observers know this. He leads the league in yards after contact and constantly pushes stacked boxes for extra yardage between the tackles and he softens the defense for play action and as the defense gets more and more tired Henry picks up more and more steam. His ability to get outside is an excellent attribute but his best contribution is pounding the ball in between the tackles to suck the defense in thus making play action that much more devastating.

Henry has his flaws like all RBs, he isn't an elite route runner, he doesn't have the best hands, he could tighten up some of his pass blocking skills but running between the tackles isn't one of them.

false, it's proven statistically, even brett kollman predicted the titans changes to offensive philosphy to get henry in more zone blocking schemes to hit the edge because he wasn't producing inside the tackles .  i've said many times henry is amazing and the best outside, just because he's struggled between the tackles doesn't mean he's not an elite RB, I traded for him in week 3 in several leagues after people were upset with his production early. henry's hardest matchups are still teams that can contain the edge and force the titans to run inside. this isn't even a hot take lol. love me some henry though!

just finally getting around to watch the games, amazing blocking by the titans this week, sucks losing lewan though could drive a tractor through this bad boy, hell of a run.

titans-01.jpg.0bd1d62a355d11b929c2e81c6e45d1cf.jpg

27 minutes ago, meekzy said:

just finally getting around to watch the games, amazing blocking by the titans this week, sucks losing lewan though could drive a tractor through this bad boy, hell of a run.

titans-01.jpg.0bd1d62a355d11b929c2e81c6e45d1cf.jpg

31 minutes ago, meekzy said:

false, it's proven statistically, even brett kollman predicted the titans changes to offensive philosphy to get henry in more zone blocking schemes to hit the edge because he wasn't producing inside the tackles .  i've said many times henry is amazing and the best outside, just because he's struggled between the tackles doesn't mean he's not an elite RB, I traded for him in week 3 in several leagues after people were upset with his production early. henry's hardest matchups are still teams that can contain the edge and force the titans to run inside. this isn't even a hot take lol. love me some henry though!

I'm glad you love him. 

Zone blocking does not eliminate running between the tackles it focuses more on blocking a space than a specific man and it has been beneficial to Henry.

Brett Kollman has been wrong a lot and it is simply a misnomer that Henry can not run between the tackles. I'd a team wants to stack the box against a RB they can stop any RB on earth from running between the tackles. Why do you think Ryan Tannehill looks like Patrick Maholmes out there?

• Like 1

If Im the Steelers DC what do i do??? Do i game plan for Henry or Tannehill?

I think alot of DCs are making the mistake of focusing on trying to stop Henry and Tannehill is killing them on play action.

As good as Henry is.... You try to stop Tannehill. He is absolutely killing the league right now.

Edited by cashvillesent

I'd temper expectations big time this week. I think we're looking at a 20 for 60 type line. Will really need a TD to salvage the day. Hope I'm wrong. 

• Haha 1