Rotoworld.com Forums

Derrick Henry 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barkley - Out for season CMC - Has been out most of the season who knows his status for rest of season Sanders - in and out of the lineup Drake - Huge bust before getting injured M

If Henry got COVID his body would immediately synthesize an antiviral to it. Henry would then exhale it throughout the Western Hemisphere (at minimum), ending the pandemic.   (Alshon's soft tissu

You in a room with everyone legitimately mentioning him for MVP: 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

I love how this guy isnt self centered like majority of great RBs.. he takes no credit and credits his teammate instead.

Completely agree, no divas. From the QB to the RB to their best WR they’re just a likable humble group of guys. 

Edited by CroNY
15 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

I love how this guy isnt self centered like majority of great RBs.. he takes no credit and credits his teammate instead.

Just curious, when is the last time you haven't heard an athlete credit their teammates? The only guy I can think of is Aaron Rodgers but who else? 

9 hours ago, Cardiak said:

Just curious, when is the last time you haven't heard an athlete credit their teammates? The only guy I can think of is Aaron Rodgers but who else? 

Antonio Brown

Michael Irvin

Alshon Jeffrey

Chris Carter

Randy Moss

Leonard Fournette

Just about every other diva WR ever in the NFL and guys who are more about themselves than the team. All those guys will credit their teammates as well but they are fairly selfish players in general.

What Henry did in that interview is why he is going to be a hall of famer. He shows up and plays for his teammates, not for his own selfish reasons. He defers all credit to his teammates all the time, he has done it since high school, he wants the team to be great. They were asking him about him being an MVP and he said it should go to Ryan Tannehill instead. Be is the ultimate team player and has been since high school, it's part of what makes him great, his physical talents yes but his quiet demeanor and workhorse attitude all while deferring credit to his teammates is what builds him up to them and makes them all so committed to one another to reach a goal greater than themselves.

The guy might be one of the most humble talents in the entire NFL. He lives for his teammates and doesn't want to let them down.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
7 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Antonio Brown

Michael Irvin

Alshon Jeffrey

Chris Carter

Randy Moss

Leonard Fournette

Just about every other diva WR ever in the NFL and guys who are more about themselves than the team.

you left out one of the biggest - the buffoon that is AP. 

i recall an interview with him on the eve of the 2013 season - he was coming off his 2,000 yd MVP campaign in 2012. 

anyways ... the entire segment (roughly 5 minutes) was just that jackazz blagging on about himself, how his goal was "25/25" (2,500 yds, 25 TDs).

not one mention of the Vikings, his teammates, the team's prospects for 2013 (they made the playoffs in '12, but were immediately bounced) .... NOTHING. 

that numb nutz even referred to himself in 3rd person a couple/few times ("AP this", "AP that", "AP the other").

came off as a total foo' ... not to mention he's not the sharpest pencil in the box either, if ya get my drift.

was one of the big reasons i began bagging on him ... then the following season (2014) the "whupping" up on his kid came to light, and that sealed the deal ... he's garbage.  

oh, btw ... how did he fare in his ridiculous "25/25" claim in 2013?  1,266 rushing/171 yds receiving, 11 total TDs 😅 so he was not even close (he did miss 2 games, but i highly doubt he woulda hit 1,100 yds and 14 TDs in those 2 contests).

... meanwhile, i also caught Jamaal Charles on NFLN that same summer - and Charles was gushing about his new coach (Reid), and how excited he was to be a part of the culture KoolAid was building down in K.C. 

he also spoke of his teammates glowingly, and of how much he believed in the TEAM taking the next step. 

Charles went out and tore it up that season - 1,980 (1287 rush, 693 rec.) total yds, 19 total TDs (12 rush, 7 rec.) - leading many (including myself 😁) to that sweet magick foosball 'chip coin. 

King Hendry is definitely more akin to Charles than AP in that respect ... humble kid who gives credit to all, and is not just a stat wh0re. 

good show 👍

• Like 4
On 10/31/2020 at 10:46 AM, cashvillesent said:

That was one of the best interviews by a pro sports person I've ever seen. 

1 hour ago, JimmyDolan said:

That was one of the best interviews by a pro sports person I've ever seen. 

He pretty much said no I dont deserve to be in the talks. But instead my teammate Ryan Tannehill does. That is one of the rarest comment ive heard from such a talented guy.

3 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Could this game get so bad that Henry gets his 120/1 and then the backup gets a 85/1 in the 2nd half? 

Minus their game vs BAL, Bengals have been putting up points, atleast hopefully enough this week to stay competitive. If anything (we all hope) they're just trying to burn clock the last 20 minutes of play or so and King Pipe unloads 100 4th quarter yards.

25 minutes ago, BigNicc said:

Minus their game vs BAL, Bengals have been putting up points, atleast hopefully enough this week to stay competitive. If anything (we all hope) they're just trying to burn clock the last 20 minutes of play or so and King Pipe unloads 100 4th quarter yards.

der Büngles are down 3 starting o-linemen from an already trash can unit, high winds expected ... dunno - i'm a yuuuuge Burrows troofer, but this looks like a very tall task 🤷‍♂️

... that being said, im'ma bang King Hendry o104.5 rushing yds (-120) 'til my knuckles bleeeeeed (also +210 for him to bag 2 or more TDs).

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 2

Henry is the clock killer.

Of they are up by 2 or 3 TDs Hendry is still in there draining the clock.

I imagine they would have to be up by 4 or more TDs for Henry to take the day off early and if that were the case then the King prolly has at least 2 of those tuddies. 

High end play for today.

• Like 1

Who is Henry’s back up? Is it McNichols or is it Evans when he gets back from IR which could be next week? Thinking of backing him up at this point. Tenn has an early bye week and Henry takes a pounding. 

13 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Antonio Brown

Michael Irvin

Alshon Jeffrey

Chris Carter

Randy Moss

Leonard Fournette

Just about every other diva WR ever in the NFL and guys who are more about themselves than the team. All those guys will credit their teammates as well but they are fairly selfish players in general.

What Henry did in that interview is why he is going to be a hall of famer. He shows up and plays for his teammates, not for his own selfish reasons. He defers all credit to his teammates all the time, he has done it since high school, he wants the team to be great. They were asking him about him being an MVP and he said it should go to Ryan Tannehill instead. Be is the ultimate team player and has been since high school, it's part of what makes him great, his physical talents yes but his quiet demeanor and workhorse attitude all while deferring credit to his teammates is what builds him up to them and makes them all so committed to one another to reach a goal greater than themselves.

The guy might be one of the most humble talents in the entire NFL. He lives for his teammates and doesn't want to let them down.

Yeah, receivers tend to not credit their teammates but I'd like to know as far as RB's and QB's who rely heavily on their teammates to be successful. 

This past week and the next 3 are the tough part of his schedule.  However, I think he’ll probably be better than this game in all 3, with a decent chance for one blowup game.

Then he ends with:

Browns

Jags

Lions

Packers

Texans (if you play into week 17)

He might AVERAGE 150 yards and 2TDs a game in those juicy matchups.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Clarity
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

got a couple offers after this weeks dud. declined instantly.

Yeah unless you really need wins right now to have a shot at the playoffs, I’m not sure how you sell this guy for anything outside of Kamara, Cook, CMC (pending health)

Does it feel crazy to say he has a shot at triple digit FF pts weeks 14-16 against JAX, DET, and GB... maybe, but... not really?