Corleone

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook

So, the good news first...

• DeVante Parker was removed from the Week 3 injury report and will play against the Jaguars.

Parker was limited in Monday and Tuesday's practices but was upgraded to full Wednesday, getting the green light for Thursday night. Parker is an intriguing play for one-game DFS slates.

Sep 23, 2020, 3:37 PM ET

Now, the bad news. Hot rookie corner C.J. Henderson is likely to shadow him.

So, my fellow Parker owners; how we feelin' 'bout pluggin Devante into our lineups tomorrow night
Edited by The G Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I basically don't have a choice. Just hope he makes it through the game, targets and points should happen. Would gladly take 12-16 points.

9 minutes ago, The G Man said:

• DeVante Parker was removed from the Week 3 injury report and will play against the Jaguars.

Parker was limited in Monday and Tuesday's practices but was upgraded to full Wednesday, getting the green light for Thursday night. Parker is an intriguing play for one-game DFS slates.

So, my fellow Parker owners; how we feelin' 'bout pluggin Devante into our lineups tomorrow night

That rookie better buckle up cause he’s about to jump on the 9-137-2 train Thursday night 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, The G Man said:

if Parker can work Gilmore and Tre I think he should fare well against a rookie corner. We shall see but I hope Parker breaks out tomorrow night!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

That rookie better buckle up cause he’s about to jump on the 9-137-2 train Thursday night 

I dig your enthusiasm Ryansm11. Hell, I'd be happy with half of that. Well, OK...2/3. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, The G Man said:

The corpse of Hilton, Campbell, and C. Davis aren’t particularly tough covers...

• Like 1

So Parker put up 1200 and 9 last year. Those are close to Golladay numbers and he's the same age. Obviously his draft stock was affected because of the quarter back situation right? Cause a guy in his prime years putting up 1200 and 9 and drafted as a mid tier WR2 seems weird to me. 

If Fitz is goes to **** and the rookie QB comes in, it's going to be bad for us owners, isn't it? Did the QB uncertainty cause him to fall in drafts?

Edited by hangin n wangin

32 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Thanks for the post. Is there anywhere we can look for data or film on this CJ Henderson corner? Aside from the obvious box score stats of Corey Davis and TY Hilton. Curious if he's actually looking like a shutdown corner. Trying to decide between Parker and one other receiver this week, and I didn't even know CJ Henderson might be good. So thanks for the post.

Edit: I had no clue the Jags took him with the 9th overall pick. Boy am I dumb. Doing my google homework as we speak. 

Edited by cbsholy

1 minute ago, cbsholy said:

Thanks for the post. Is there anywhere we can look for data or film on this CJ Henderson corner? Aside from the obvious box score stats of Corey Davis and TY Hilton. Curious if he's actually looking like a shutdown corner. Trying to decide between Parker and one other receiver this week, and I didn't even know CJ Henderson might be good. So thanks for the post.

He was a monster at Florida and a top 10 pick for the jags. Dude is legit, I just don’t really care who lines up in front of Parker these days. Fitz gonna give him a chance and he’s always coming down with those 70/30 balls. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

He was a monster at Florida and a top 10 pick for the jags. Dude is legit, I just don’t really care who lines up in front of Parker these days. Fitz gonna give him a chance and he’s always coming down with those 70/30 balls. 

Yeah, wasn't parker covered by white last weekend and the hammy injury and he caught 47 yards and a TD. Idc who covers parker when he plays.

Parker bout to school this ROOK!

23 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The corpse of Hilton, Campbell, and C. Davis aren’t particularly tough covers...

Neither is Parker

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yeah, wasn't parker covered by white last weekend and the hammy injury and he caught 47 yards and a TD. Idc who covers parker when he plays.

Buffalo's top corner has been targeted on only nine of his 70 coverage snaps, and those plays have resulted in five catches for 50 yards. That includes a Week 2 showing in which he spent time shadowing both Preston Williams (one 26-yard catch on 29 routes) and DeVante Parker (zero catches on 14 routes).

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

So Parker put up 1200 and 9 last year. Those are close to Golladay numbers and he's the same age. Obviously his draft stock was affected because of the quarter back situation right? Cause a guy in his prime years putting up 1200 and 9 and drafted as a mid tier WR2 seems weird to me. 

If Fitz is goes to **** and the rookie QB comes in, it's going to be bad for us owners, isn't it? Did the QB uncertainty cause him to fall in drafts?

IDK, but I'm not one to automatically assume if the Phins make the switch to Tua (which I don't necessarily expect to happen anytime soon, but you never know) will downgrade Parker, simply because one of Tua's biggest assets is supposed to be his accuracy. 

As for whether or not Henderson will shadow Parker tomorrow night, perhaps that means Williams will get more looks? That would make a lot of sense since I just dropped him this morning.

SMH...

25 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Buffalo's top corner has been targeted on only nine of his 70 coverage snaps, and those plays have resulted in five catches for 50 yards. That includes a Week 2 showing in which he spent time shadowing both Preston Williams (one 26-yard catch on 29 routes) and DeVante Parker (zero catches on 14 routes).

Did gilmore not cover parker week 1 either?

Parker left early and already had 40+ yards.

11 minutes ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

I kinda want to start him. But I got Edelman, McLaurin, and Bob Woods over him at the moment.

Sames. I got Edelman, Ridley and DJ Moore over him.

Putting Godwin, DJ Moore, and Marvin Jones Jr over him this week but I REALLY am tempted to play him

2 minutes ago, Ergogh said:

Putting Godwin, DJ Moore, and Marvin Jones Jr over him this week but I REALLY am tempted to play him

Marvin Jones? Am I missing something? 

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Marvin Jones? Am I missing something? 

Game is projected to be top three scoring going by vegas lines and if Golly is back he may be able to break a bit more open with less attention on him...

It's close though that's the dilemma 

• Like 1

Bumping this back up to the top since he plays tonight. 

I'm 99% sure I'm playing him. Who else is with me?

Or, why aren't you? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The G Man said:

Or, why aren't you? 

I am all in Parker for tonight, he looked spry on Sunday and escaped with no injury so fingers crossed there. Think this can be a great blowup spot for him and he should get the targets 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Or, why aren't you? 

Starting him and Chark(assuming he plays) in dynasty. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Or, why aren't you? 

The CJ Henderson matchup puts a damper on him for me tonight. I know he's roasted better/more established corners already. And Fitzpatrick will force it into tight windows regardless. I think it totally depends on who your other options are. I've been going back and forth on this decision all week.

Also starting Gesicki so I'm not sure starting 2 MIA players is a good idea, though it is possible both have a good day