Rotoworld.com Forums

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're not starting him when he's healthy and in a primetime matchup between two bad defensive teams then when would you even start him? Guys are talking about a rookie cornerback? Really? Pretty m

Remember that Simpsons where Lisa rolls Homer's BBQ roast pig down the street?   Here's me as a Parker owner this season Its just a little groin pull, he's still good, he's still good! It

Are we still asking this question every week?? WHY???

Posted Images

Fitzpatrick starting Sunday against the 49ers.

Seems like 49ers have given up the 6th fewest fantasy points to WR. However, they've played the Jets, Giants, Eagles the past 3 weeks, all of whom have been decimated at the WR position. They played the Cardinals week 1 and gave up 150+ yards to DeAndre Hopkins.

Hopefully Devante can have a clean week without any injury scares. Wish the Dolphins an early bye so his hamstring could heal up a little, but of course that's week 11.

5 minutes ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Fitzpatrick starting Sunday against the 49ers.

Seems like 49ers have given up the 6th fewest fantasy points to WR. However, they've played the Jets, Giants, Eagles the past 3 weeks, all of whom have been decimated at the WR position. They played the Cardinals week 1 and gave up 150+ yards to DeAndre Hopkins.

Hopefully Devante can have a clean week without any injury scares. Wish the Dolphins an early bye so his hamstring could heal up a little, but of course that's week 11.

Good points, and to add, they also lost 2 CBs this last week--I believe their top cover guy left.

1 minute ago, Kaii23 said:

It's time to sell this guy. Tua is about to play. Even if he's not horrible he's not gonna lock on to Parker like Fitzpatrick does. His value will never be higher than it is right now. 

Tua's a good QB.  Parker is the type of WR any QB would want to throw to if he's healthy.  I get that sometimes these things are entirely dependent on chemistry but I don't think that'll be the case here.

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Tua's a good QB.  Parker is the type of WR any QB would want to throw to if he's healthy.  I get that sometimes these things are entirely dependent on chemistry but I don't think that'll be the case here.

My season goes with Parker. He’s been a straight rock for me since like week 5 of last year, he stays with me. No one values him like the team who rosters him anyways. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

He's a rookie. Most rookies struggle at first. Tua literally hasn't been hit since college. Again, even if he's ok he may spread the ball around like a normal qb instead of throwing to Parker whether he's covered or not like Fitz. I just don't see a scenario in which Parker doesn't lose value moving forward. 

2 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

He's a rookie. Most rookies struggle at first. Tua literally hasn't been hit since college. Again, even if he's ok he may spread the ball around like a normal qb instead of throwing to Parker whether he's covered or not like Fitz. I just don't see a scenario in which Parker doesn't lose value moving forward. 

I understand all that.  Before the hip injury though I think if you asked most analysts what they thought of Tua Tagovialoa they would tell you he was the best QB prospect they've seen in a long long time.

And Parker isn't just any reciever, he's a unique physical specimen.  I don't think this is like...the MCLAURIN/Haskins deal for instance.

• Like 1
On 10/5/2020 at 6:11 AM, Ryansm11 said:

Stud muffin. Can’t hold my boy down. Most slept on WR1 in fantasy 

On 10/5/2020 at 7:12 AM, Ryansm11 said:

Most receiving yards in the NFL since week 7 of 2019! 

On 10/5/2020 at 7:40 AM, Ryansm11 said:

Or maybe the rookie gonna pull a Herbert and lock on to his best player. 

3 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I understand all that.  Before the hip injury though I think if you asked most analysts what they thought of Tua Tagovialoa they would tell you he was the best QB prospect they've seen in a long long time.

And Parker isn't just any reciever, he's a unique physical specimen.  I don't think this is like...the MCLAURIN/Haskins deal for instance.

3 hours ago, Gmen07 said:

It’s hard to say what’s going to happen when Tua takes over but a lot of young qbs lock onto their best target. One example is Herbert. He only has eyes for Allen. 

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sell?

Dude is one of the most underrated players in fantasy. He was underrated going into the season with his ADP (should have been 3rd round) and he is is underrated now. The only reason he is not a WR1 this season is due to dealing with injuries including leaving games early. Watch him play and he is about as unguardable as the top tier studs. Parker is a baller and if he can stay healthy he can finish as a top 5 WR ROS. 

tenor.gif?itemid=18060934

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Sell?

Dude is one of the most underrated players in fantasy. He was underrated going into the season with his ADP (should have been 3rd round) and he is is underrated now. The only reason he is not a WR1 this season is due to dealing with injuries including leaving games early. Watch him play and he is about as unguardable as the top tier studs. Parker is a baller and if he can stay healthy he can finish as a top 5 WR ROS. 

tenor.gif?itemid=18060934

Football is the ultimate team sport. A great wr is an average wr with a bad qb. 

13 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

An elite WR is a great WR with an average QB. 

Am I doing this right?

Most rookies aren't average. They're usually bad. Tua hasn't been tackled since he was at Alabama. There will likely be a learning curve. 

6 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Most rookies aren't average. They're usually bad. Tua hasn't been tackled since he was at Alabama. There will likely be a learning curve. 

True, but this year definitely seems like the exception. Both Herbert and Burrow are ballin out for first years, with terrible O-lines to boot.

7 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

whoever is QB I’m not worried. Great WRs have proven they can produce with bad QBs. 

Edited by Members_Only_76

Isn't tua a run mobile qb? In my opinion it's best to sale now. Fitz has been only one to make parker what he is his whole career. We seen what bad qb play does to wrs. Of course try to get value for him. If fitz somehow stays qb all season than wonderful. But I can definitely see a scenario during fantasy playoffs 14 to 16 where they evaluate what they got in tua.

I'm not getting this whole rationale that if/when Tua starts it's going to tank Parker's value. I get Tua is a rookie, yet to play a snap in the NFL, coming off a major injury, and will ultimately be playing behind a subpar Oline. But, he's also one of the most talented and accurate QB's to come out of the college ranks in recent years. For me, as a Parker owner I'm not going to bar trouble before it happens. I'll wait and cross that bridge when I get to it. 

All that said, if you are deep at the position, and you think you can get max value for him now, I get it. Go for it. 

Tua hasn't been tackled since college? is that the argument? I mean, im sure he hasn't forgotten what being tackled is like. And if you're worried about him getting injured or reinjured....guess what? If he does , Fitzmagic is back in to lock on Parker some more. Strong hold, IMO. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Kaii23 said:

Tua when healthy is on another level.  He was the by far favorite to be the #1 overall pick.  It took a nasty hip injury and a historic performance from a 5th year starter to unseat him.

Jalen Hurts his QB competition was even a second rounder after transfering out.

Justin Herbert picked after Tua was thrown into the fire and has been playing very well.

I'm not convinced that Tua would hurt Parker's value at all.  Tua's upside is probably as high as any QB in the league right now.  Honestly I'm already planning on stashing him soon just in case as a lottery ticket.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Rotocious said:

Tua when healthy is on another level.  He was the by far favorite to be the #1 overall pick.  It took a nasty hip injury and a historic performance from a 5th year starter to unseat him.

Jalen Hurts his QB competition was even a second rounder after transfering out.

Justin Herbert picked after Tua was thrown into the fire and has been playing very well.

I'm not convinced that Tua would hurt Parker's value at all.  Tua's upside is probably as high as any QB in the league right now.  Honestly I'm already planning on stashing him soon just in case as a lottery ticket.

I still remember Herbstreit's drive chart for Alabama in 2018.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KirkHerbstreit/status/1055527074230951936?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1055527074230951936|twgr^share_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-13357979401680163145.ampproject.net%2F2009252320001%2Fframe.html

This s*** is cuckoo bananas y'all.

• Like 2

I mean selling makes sense if you can get the appropriate value for him, if you're concerned about Tua.

But most leagues don't value him properly and give him the respect he deserves so you're better off holding and hoping there's no QB change and if there is a QB change, you just hope talent wins out in the end.

11 minutes ago, rlaalsrb said:

I mean selling makes sense if you can get the appropriate value for him, if you're concerned about Tua.

But most leagues don't value him properly and give him the respect he deserves so you're better off holding and hoping there's no QB change and if there is a QB change, you just hope talent wins out in the end.

How is Tua's arm/accuracy?