Rotoworld.com Forums

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're not starting him when he's healthy and in a primetime matchup between two bad defensive teams then when would you even start him? Guys are talking about a rookie cornerback? Really? Pretty m

Remember that Simpsons where Lisa rolls Homer's BBQ roast pig down the street?   Here's me as a Parker owner this season Its just a little groin pull, he's still good, he's still good! It

Are we still asking this question every week?? WHY???

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Thrill22 said:

Newly acquired in trade. Lets go on a terror DeVante! ice that ankle, kid!

Welcome aboard noob. 

Buckle in 'cause this ride gets a little bumpy sometimes. Bring any Pepto? I've found copious amounts of alcohol on game-day can also be very medicinal.

Anyway, great to have you on board. 

:ffic:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
On 10/6/2020 at 8:17 PM, Ryansm11 said:

No one values him like the team who rosters him anyways. 

This is the most spot on sentence about Parker as you’ll ever read. While he isn’t the greatest thing since sliced bread, he’s also better than virtually any individual player that another manager would ever offer for him in a 1 for 1 trade. Extrapolated over the last 16 NFL games he’s played, he’s basically a set and forget low end WR1/high end WR2. Somewhere right in that range. Almost nobody that doesn’t already have him on their roster values him that high though for whatever reason. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Dislimb
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, Dislimb said:

This is the most spot on sentence about Parker as you’ll ever read. While he isn’t the greatest thing since sliced bread, he’s also better than virtually any individual player that another manager would ever offer for him in a 1 for 1 trade. Extrapolated over the last 16 NFL games he’s played, he’s basically a set and forget low end WR1/high end WR2. Somewhere right in that range. Almost nobody that doesn’t already have him on their roster values him that high though for whatever reason. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Isn't he straight up like a top 3-5 fantasy WR in his last 16 games or something? And that's with nagging injuries in the early weeks. I love watching Parker so truly hope he can come out one of these weeks free of all his nagging tweaks and aches and just ball out at 100%.

Edited by harck
36 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

I assume there are other owners who, like myself, are concerned with the arrival of Tua. Fear of potential lack of chemistry.

A few things.

1.  Pretty sure the Dolphins are going to let hin learn as much as possible from the bench this season.

2.  Even if / when Tua comes in he may not have Fitzmagic's experience but he is already likely a better playmaker in general. Parker could break some huge runs on scramble routes.

3.  Rookie QBs tend to lean on their best weapons.  Why would he target Parker less?

57 minutes ago, Rotocious said:

3.  Rookie QBs tend to lean on their best weapons.  Why would he target Parker less?

Tua being accurate may have a report with a better route runner/ someone he's practice with more.

But that's not the only possible concern.

Fitz being less accurate, and a gun slinger, turns the ball more over leading to throwing more due to trailing more.

Gun slinger Fitz means more throws into coverage. More deep shots.

Tua could play game manager and slow down the offense. Slow offense creates less opportunities. Less opportunities less production. 

Edited by this guy right here
45 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Tua being accurate may have a report with a better route runner/ someone he's practice with more.

But that's not the only possible concern.

Fitz being less accurate, and a gun slinger, turns the ball more over leading to throwing more due to trailing more.

Tua could play game manager and slow down the offense. Slow offense creates less opportunities. Less opportunities less production. 

Oh wow....could just be me man, and no offense, but...I really think you're overthinking this.

Big time!

JMHO.

5 minutes ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Are we firing him up this week?  Seeing him exit early with an ankle, along with a stout SF D is giving me some pause. 

Hopkins flamed them, since then they played the eagles giants and jets? I’m not concerned. Parker is matchup proof. 

9 hours ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Are we firing him up this week?  Seeing him exit early with an ankle, along with a stout SF D is giving me some pause. 

Are we still asking this question every week?? WHY???

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
On 10/8/2020 at 7:54 AM, this guy right here said:

This first part could very well end up being the case.  Tua as a rookie may make less turnovers.  It may be similar.  I think Tua like Rodgers will learn a lot from sitting behind a gunslinger.  Learning from chances they take.

But I just don't see The Dolphins risking Tua's health and development to bring in a "game manager" who they were floored to draft 5th overall.  Remember before Burrow it was "Tank 4 Tua".

Plus regardless of who is at QB The Dolphins Defense is still going to be bad.  So scoring will have to happen on the offensive end to win games.