Corleone

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, nmartinez12443 said:

About to trade for this dude. Did he get hurt yesterday? People mentioning hammy. 

Ankle injury per the report. Hopefully he's G2G after next week's bye.

I love Parker so much but he's been frustrating. Bring on some tougher matchups because this **** where the Dolphins go up big and then coast to a victory is unnatural. 

#1 WR who has a ton of talent in a pass happy offense and it's nothing but disappointment and minor injuries so far. Also Fitzpatrick spreads it around to like 10 different targets, what a frustrating situation. Could be a good buy low, but I'm just hoping he can find some consistency in the second half of the season.

Games against The Jets are not good barometers for what a team is really like though so this week I can causally throw out. 

Edited by Moveless

6 minutes ago, Moveless said:

#1 WR who has a ton of talent in a pass happy offense and it's nothing but disappointment and minor injuries so far. Also Fitzpatrick spreads it around to like 10 different targets, what a frustrating situation. Could be a good buy low, but I'm just hoping he can find some consistency in the second half of the season.

Games against The Jets are not good barometers for what a team is really like though so this week I can causally throw out. 

Only 2 games under double digit points so far. 1st game of season and yesterday.

He has been pretty dang consistent so far.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Only 2 games under double digit points so far. 1st game of season and yesterday.

He has been pretty dang consistent so far.

He's no Derrick Henry

But seriously, the targets were there this week. Probably be a thing where once you bench/trade/drop he'll start going off down the stretch.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

He's no Derrick Henry

But seriously, the targets were there this week. Probably be a thing where once you bench/trade/drop he'll start going off down the stretch.

I hope so. I'm holding due to talent and situation. 

Gesiki has turned into a pumpkin as we approach halloween.

Preston williams is getting like 3 targets a game

Parker is their Alpha WR and he put up better numbers than Amari Cooper last year. Parker has been equally as good as Coop this year fantasy wise and has less competition for targets going forward. He has 2 weeks to rest what is ailing him before coming back out strong.

⬆️

• Like 1

Who would’ve thought game script would be killing Parker. Hopefully teams can start to put up points. 

• Like 2

I read he left the game with a groin thing. Am I mistaken?? And if he did leave, did he finish the game. I was expecting the roto world blurb to say something about it but they didn’t. I’m assuming because the dolphins have a bye but I don’t know. Either way, that game sucked.

Tua named starter. Should we be worried? Excited? 

Please god don't let him be the Haskins to our McLaurin.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I'm worried. The only plus side is maybe they go pass heavy to give their rookie reps/practice. But this usually means a wiping of the slate in terms of preferred targets. Rook might prefer to target the TE and Preston because of their large size. They also tend to favor slot guys.

Might bench Parker one game to see the new target contribution before firing him up future weeks.

Edited by harck

Hopefully this is more of a Herbert Keenan situation. If Parker gets healthy during the bye I could see him being peppered with targets.

He’s been injured and the game script has been really bad for him for the most part. I still think he’s a really good WR

• Like 1

Why would anyone be worried? Fitz was already spreading the ball around a ton and there's a good chance that Tua is going to be better than Fitz was. If anything I think this is good for DeVante

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Why would anyone be worried? Fitz was already spreading the ball around a ton and there's a good chance that Tua is going to be better than Fitz was. If anything I think this is good for DeVante

Parker got 8 targets from Fitz against the Jets while the rest of the receiving corps got at most 3. Just ask the angry Gesicki owners, man got like 1 or 2 targets per week from Fitz. With the exception of the SF game, Parker has been peppered with targets despite the game script, even when sometimes only playing 2 or 3 quarters. No guarantee Tua will feed him to the same degree.

Edited by harck

I’m concerned for sure.

Fitz would force it to Parker at times, which is all good for me.

We’ll see how it goes.

RIP 😢

13 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

I read he left the game with a groin thing. Am I mistaken?? And if he did leave, did he finish the game. I was expecting the roto world blurb to say something about it but they didn’t. I’m assuming because the dolphins have a bye but I don’t know. Either way, that game sucked.

Left game injured.. I’d try and sell with everything going on. But bye week makes it difficult. 

6 minutes ago, harck said:

Parker got 8 targets from Fitz against the Jets while the rest of the receiving corps got at most 3. Just ask the angry Gesicki owners, man got like 1 or 2 targets per week from Fitz. With the exception of the SF game, Parker has been peppered with targets despite the game script, even when sometimes only playing 2 or 3 quarters. No guarantee Tua will feed him to the same degree.

Fair enough, some good points. I just feel Devante has been pretty underwhelming so far WR25 even with all the injuries to top guys and he'll be much lower after his bye, so at this point I welcome the change. But yeah you're right could be worse but also think it could be an improvement since Tua is pretty damn good

• Like 1

The house is officially on fire. I hope you were able to escape. 

You weren't going to get a fair return for this guy before, let alone now with the bye week and the injury news. Only thing to do is hold on and hope for the best.

Some posts in the Tua thread are giving me reasons to be cautiously optimistic. 

Edited by MingusDew

Hoping that Tua is a lot more accurate, and possibly mobile.  Maybe extends some plays.  Just don't know at this point.  Herbert looks awesome but how many rookie qb's just step in and play well.  Gonna be tough too cause Miami's O-line stinks.

Talk to me sub.  I haven't seen any Tua highlights.  How is his accuracy?  I know he runs.  Does he have arm strength?

The one thing about Fitz is that he chucks the ball giving Parker 50/50 chance to make contested catches.

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

More catchable balls incoming.

70% completion rate, 1600 yards, this isn’t NCAA.. Not sure how it can be better for Parker? Fitz was magical and ballin Parker to WR2 status

Yeah, no way a rookie QB performs better than a seasoned vet like fitzpatrick who.. also happened to be playing well at the time of his benching.

Parkers arrow points down. 

41 minutes ago, mjb said:

70% completion rate, 1600 yards, this isn’t NCAA.. Not sure how it can be better for Parker? Fitz was magical and ballin Parker to WR2 status

One of the better backups in the league.

Tua will have no problem peppering Parker.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

One of the better backups in the league.

Tua will have no problem peppering Parker.

I can't imagine MIA turns into a running offense and with Tua's arm/accuracy, if he locks onto Parker, it could be fun. Unless Miami defense keeps shutting teams down.