Rotoworld.com Forums

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook

Am I the only one who thinks they will be in more catch up mode moving forward?  Parker has been game scripted out more often than not this year. The schedule isn’t tough except NE in week 15.  Possible shootouts vs Rams, Cardinals, Chargers (rookie vs rookie), Bengals (rookie vs rookie), Chiefs, Raiders

• Like 1
  • Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're not starting him when he's healthy and in a primetime matchup between two bad defensive teams then when would you even start him? Guys are talking about a rookie cornerback? Really? Pretty m

Remember that Simpsons where Lisa rolls Homer's BBQ roast pig down the street?   Here's me as a Parker owner this season Its just a little groin pull, he's still good, he's still good! It

Are we still asking this question every week?? WHY???

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

Am I the only one who thinks they will be in more catch up mode moving forward?  Parker has been game scripted out more often than not this year. The schedule isn’t tough except NE in week 15.  Possible shootouts vs Rams, Cardinals, Chargers (rookie vs rookie), Bengals (rookie vs rookie), Chiefs, Raiders

Miami D is pretty decent and underrated.  When they have gotten a lead, they haven't let a team get back into a game.  3 of their last 4 have been blowouts.  Jax, 49ers, Jets.  Only two teams that scored a lot were the Bills and Seahawks.  I can't imagine them throwing more with Tua.  They would probably try to run a bit more.  Honestly, the decision to move from Fitzpatrick at the current point in the season is dumb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, dave.zavala89 said:

anything on Parker with his groin injury? returning from bye listed as questionable really hoping he plays as someone with bye weeks and injuries in his roster

We'll know tomorrow when they start practicing.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Got dumped in a couple of my 12ers. Seems very premature. Would have just thought it was one guy who had too many injuries or something but it was in 2 leagues. Are people getting back off him? He's seemed alright to me so far.

It’s flat out dumb.

I get that the injuries have been absolutely frustrating but everything I’ve seen from him indicates he is a WR1 if healthy. Obviously at this point that’s not a small “if” but dropping him for waiver wire scrubs is just laughable honestly...

• Like 5

WR2/3 when healthy.. but it’s tough remembering the last time he was 100%. Some players seem to be frequently injured, while other seem to never miss games. Add a new QB, and running against Ramsey, playing him seems dicey.. Mild groin strain 1 week, moderate 2-4. Dr Morse says it might be similar to Kareem Hunts, thus could play this week. So, we’ll check practice reports soon.

Edited by mjb

I have to start him now due to the injury to Godwin but I'm not expecting much.  I'm hoping that Tua keys on him but you also have the Ramsey shadow so there's that.  I'm really hoping that Tua improves Parker the way Herbert did with Allen.

And thats if he plays. 

Edited by Islanderman
adding detail
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

MiamiDolphins back at practice today. Only player not spotted was CB Jamal Perry. That's good news considering the team had four players leave the Jets game early, including DeVante Parker and Andrew Van Ginkel.

That’s great news if Parker is already back at practice on a Wednesday. Looks like he’s healthy 

This Tua reset will be interesting. Hopefully the connection is there. Feel like whomever Tua zones in on will be a WR1 ros whether that be Parker, Williams, or one of the TEs. We knew Fitzy preferred Parker, but we'll see what happens. Going to keep him on the bench for now, but have high hopes that he can blow up in this second half if he becomes a favored target of a QB and team that will likely air it out a ton to experiment with their shiny new first round toy QB.

Edited by harck
25 minutes ago, Moveless said:

[...] I wouldn't fault anyone for not playing him this week, Tua is a huge question mark and could deliver nothing or go off. [...]

[...]

I hope Tua locks on to him...it seems like so many rookie/new QB starters lock on to that one guy they use as a crutch.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

He's a bit of dice roll right now. He obviously should be 100% owned but I could see his value going either way depending on how Tua is going to play this thing. We don't know yet. We don't know if maybe they keep the kid gloves on Tua at first as well. I gotta think he's a great buy as people seem to be fading on him. That's the read I am getting on how a lot of people feel about him anyway.

7 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Does Ramsey even shadow. The only extensive Rams i watched was Monday vs the Bears, and he didn't follow Robinson around

Yahoo fantasy seems to think he'll face off against Ramsey if active.  So...?  I think if you have a player close in talent, circumstances, you play the other guy.  Most of the time, in bigger leagues anyway, you play Parker against all odds ( New QB/Shutdown corner/Aaron Donald/Groin).

1 hour ago, Islanderman said:

uggg, limited practice with the groin.  Does this guy EVER practice in full. 

TBH, I think RARELY.  Parker is a walking injury report, but as long as he produces, that's what we're looking for.