Corleone

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, mjb said:

Yahoo fantasy seems to think he'll face off against Ramsey if active.  So...?  I think if you have a player close in talent, circumstances, you play the other guy.  Most of the time, in bigger leagues anyway, you play Parker against all odds ( New QB/Shutdown corner/Aaron Donald/Groin).

You trust that those writers at Yahoo or ESPN actually watch all the games and are paying attention? Because i definitely don't. 

• Like 1

If the Bears game is any indication, Ramsey probably won't shadow anyone (he didn't shadow Robinson). Rams are confident in their overall secondary. I still wouldn't fire him up with confidence if you have another choice though, considering the volatility of a rookie QB combined with a strong Rams pass defense.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1

I'm sitting Parker this week, rolling with A Cooper. Sitting Parker for his injury and first start for TT, who is also on my bench in anticipation.

Parker has traditionally played poorly at less than 100%.  And he was limited today and Wednesday at practice with a groin injury.  

All signs point to benching Parker.  Now watch him go bonkers and be Tua's new fave...

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Parker has traditionally played poorly at less than 100%.  And he was limited today and Wednesday at practice with a groin injury.  

All signs point to benching Parker.  Now watch him go bonkers and be Tua's new fave...

I'll take it if he's on my bench and Tua goes full Broke Back Mountain with the guy, so long as it's not just a one night stand 😏

21 minutes ago, BigNicc said:

I'll take it if he's on my bench and Tua goes full Broke Back Mountain with the guy, so long as it's not just a one night stand 😏

spacer.png

Here's the thing I keep coming back to re; Tua. His accuracy is supposed to be pin-point. If true, if he can really hit the tight windows, then that will obviously benefit all of the Phins receivers. 

That said, his first game against a tough Rams pass rush, and with Parker at less than 100% definitely makes it a little dicey. But, they've had two weeks to get healthy and prepare for this game.  

Ultimately, it all comes down to the Oline. If Miami's Oline can give Tua time, I believe he will have success. And, by extension I think Parker has a good day.

JMHO.

11 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Here's the thing I keep coming back to re; Tua. His accuracy is supposed to be pin-point. If true, if he can really hit the tight windows, then that will obviously benefit all of the Phins receivers. 

That said, his first game against a tough Rams pass rush, and with Parker at less than 100% definitely makes it a little dicey. But, they've had two weeks to get healthy and prepare for this game.  

Ultimately, it all comes down to the Oline. If Miami's Oline can give Tua time, I believe he will have success. And, by extension I think Parker has a good day.

JMHO.

Not to sound pessimistic but this is a pretty horrendous matchup. Rams are not exactly slouches on the back end. I don’t think the Dolphins are going to get blown out by any stretch but I envision an ugly game. 

5 hours ago, CroNY said:

Not to sound pessimistic but this is a pretty horrendous matchup. Rams are not exactly slouches on the back end. I don’t think the Dolphins are going to get blown out by any stretch but I envision an ugly game. 

Yep. One of the best pass rushing teams in the NFL against a rookie QB, and then combine that with one of the best secondaries in the NFL to boot. This will be the ultimate test for Tua, thrown into the fire first week in. Rams D is really only vulnerable to the run.

I must say I am a bit more worried about this groin injury than the others. He dropped the hamstring and ankle designation pretty quick in follow up week practices, but the fact that this lingered through the BYE... makes me think it's on the moderate+ side and could linger all season. Then again Keenan Allen came out of his BYE with an injury tag as well and balled out like nothing was ever wrong.

Edited by harck

On 10/28/2020 at 3:37 PM, mjb said:

Yahoo fantasy seems to think he'll face off against Ramsey if active.  So...?  I think if you have a player close in talent, circumstances, you play the other guy.  Most of the time, in bigger leagues anyway, you play Parker against all odds ( New QB/Shutdown corner/Aaron Donald/Groin).

The Bills who have a shutdown corner themselves shadowed Preston Williams with T White. Not sure if that was because they viewed him as more dangerous or if it was that he would lock Preston down thus you could have help for Parker often.

On 10/28/2020 at 8:35 PM, harck said:

If the Bears game is any indication, Ramsey probably won't shadow anyone (he didn't shadow Robinson). Rams are confident in their overall secondary. I still wouldn't fire him up with confidence if you have another choice though, considering the volatility of a rookie QB combined with a strong Rams pass defense.

This is 100% true, I faded AROB on showdown slates because of Ramsey and he never traveled with him.

• Thanks 1