Corleone

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yeah, that was week 2 of the new coaching staff, just got blown out by Baltimore week 1, still reeling.

Parker, after week 3, only had 1 game the rest of the season where he posted under 11 points in ppr.

I know, just presenting facts...In two games vs Gilmore he average 4-68 line...He did not own him: I own Parker in dynasty and am very high on him

32 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

I know, just presenting facts...In two games vs Gilmore he average 4-68 line...He did not own him: I own Parker in dynasty and am very high on him

Just giving context.

Once Miami got rolling, Parker was on fire, even against the best.

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Just giving context.

Once Preston Williams tore his ACL, Parker was on fire, even against the best.

FTFY

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have Parker ranked higher than most people (WR1).

2018 was really the first year he got a legit chance to be their WR1. A big problem I think is they had such horrible QBs and Tannehill who is a solid QB but he was also a major check down artist that had Landry get most of the work since he was an easy safe option and Parker's growth and opportunity just never manifested. Not only that, 2018 was the first legit year he had at a WR1 roll.

Last year was the first time in his career he actually had a QB that can throw the ball deep and it worked out well. Tua is incredible at the deep ball as well so it doesn't really matter who starts. Yes, breaking out this late in your career can be an issue but I see it as more of an issue for RBs than WRs. If you look at Parker's history it's not too hard to see why his career has gone the way it has. Miami was an absolutely horrendous landing spot. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1

Too many things went right for Parker last year. Bad defense, Preston Williams got hurt, Miami might have had one of the worst rushing attacks in NFL history. 32nd in rushing attempts, 32nd in yards and 31st in YPA. Laird, Ballage, Walton, Gaskin = puke

They brought in Howard and Breida and drafted 3 OL. Defense should be significantly improved with the all the additions they made through the draft and FA.

ECR is WR20 right now. Easy fade at that price.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, joshua18 said:

FTFY

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. 

Williams got hurt week 9. In the stretch of games from weeks 4-9 when Parker and Williams were on the field together Parker never scored less than 11 points in PPR.

Week 4 - 17 Fpts

Week 6 - 11.8 Fpts.

Week 7 - 16.5 Fpts.

Week 8 - 11.9 Fpts.

Week 9 - 15.7 Fpts. 

Not sure what point you are trying to make here?

That Parker was only good because Williams got hurt? Is that your assertion?

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. 

Williams got hurt week 9. In the stretch of games from weeks 4-9 when Parker and Williams were on the field together Parker never scored less than 11 points in PPR.

Week 4 - 17 Fpts

Week 6 - 11.8 Fpts.

Week 7 - 16.5 Fpts.

Week 8 - 11.9 Fpts.

Week 9 - 15.7 Fpts. 

Not sure what point you are trying to make here?

That Parker was only good because Williams got hurt? Is that your assertion?

it’s one of several reasons you can point to as to why Parker isn’t likely to repeat his breakout 2019.  

I, however,  would contend that as long as Fitz 🧙‍♂️is the qb...  Parker is going to put up numbers.     He’s a solid value currently 

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

it’s one of several reasons you can point to as to why Parker isn’t likely to repeat his breakout 2019.  

I, however,  would contend that as long as Fitz 🧙‍♂️is the qb...  Parker is going to put up numbers.     He’s a solid value currently 

Fitz/Tua they both throw great deep balls.

I don't see how his situation has changed all that much. Defense might be better but I still think the offense pits up points.

I don't hold anything Parker did under Adam Gase as head coach against him. 1 year out from under the thumb of Gase and Brian Flores coaxed a 1,000 yard season and 9 TDs out of him and signed him to an extension. He is gonna be their WR1 through 2023 unless something happens.

Parker basically put up the same stats as Amari cooper last year. Dolphins drafted no WRs to challenge him, drafted one of the most accurate QBs in college football to throw to him and the better the offense is as a whole is the better Parker will be.

I just don't see a reason why he shouldn't be penciled in for 1,000 yards 6-8 TDs.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Fitz/Tua they both throw great deep balls.

I don't see how his situation has changed all that much. Defense might be better but I still think the offense pits up points.

I don't hold anything Parker did under Adam Gase as head coach against him. 1 year out from under the thumb of Gase and Brian Flores coaxed a 1,000 yard season and 9 TDs out of him and signed him to an extension. He is gonna be their WR1 through 2023 unless something happens.

Parker basically put up the same stats as Amari cooper last year. Dolphins drafted no WRs to challenge him, drafted one of the most accurate QBs in college football to throw to him and the better the offense is as a whole is the better Parker will be.

I just don't see a reason why he shouldn't be penciled in for 1,000 yards 6-8 TDs.

concur.   Especially with Preston still getting back to full strength.  When Tua takes over there could be a changing of the guard...but that’s not a concern for 2020.   The other legit concern with Parker is his health.  He’s never played a full season,  and only made it to double digit games twice in five seasons.   He’s fragile

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

concur.   Especially with Preston still getting back to full strength.  When Tua takes over there could be a changing of the guard...but that’s not a concern for 2020.   The other legit concern with Parker is his health.  He’s never played a full season,  and only made it to double digit games twice in five seasons.   He’s fragile

Yeah, I hear ya on the availability.

I often opine whether Parker was injured that bad or in Adam gase's doghouse or Parker was unmotivated to play for Gase, etc...

I just liked that the 1st year with Brian Flores he came out and played tough, fierce competitor, played every game and earned a nice extension very quickly. Flores came up with NE known for being able to relate to players, I think Parker has a clean slate with Flores and it really paid off last year. That's why I'm optimistic about his 2020 outlook. 

• Like 2

I was thinking his ADP would be early 20's and that's too rich, but WR32 looks great, I think.   They didnt add any receivers, and while they did upgrade the running backs (impossible not to over last year's crop post-Drake), its not a group i feel can carry the offense.   I love Parker as a WR3 and I'd even consider snagging Preston or Gesicki too, on the same team.  

9 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I often opine whether Parker was injured that bad or in Adam gase's doghouse or Parker was unmotivated to play for Gase, etc...

Dude no one is motivated to play for Gase. The guy is a horrible coach and stunting the growth of what I believe to be one of the most promising and talented young teams in the NFL. How he still has a job is truly beyond me. 

22 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Dude no one is motivated to play for Gase. The guy is a horrible coach and stunting the growth of what I believe to be one of the most promising and talented young teams in the NFL. How he still has a job is truly beyond me. 

I guess we know.

correction-broncos-elway-footballjpg-385

The funny thing is, while looking for a picture I actually found an article calling him the man behind Peyton Manning: Adam Gase, the whiz kid from Michigan State.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2014/02/meet_the_man_behind_peyton_man.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/16/2020 at 8:10 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yeah, that was week 2 of the new coaching staff, just got blown out by Baltimore week 1, still reeling.

Parker, after week 3, only had 1 game the rest of the season where he posted under 11 points in ppr.

I’m having trouble coming up with a reason not to target Parker. 

Fitz is one of those QBs who seems to produce for fantasy wherever he goes. Seems like Parker will get plenty of targets. Tua is has a cannon and best of all accuracy. 

The only thing making me nervous here is given his 3rd-4th round ADP he seems to good to be true. 

This sort of reminds me Godwin last year 

41 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I’m having trouble coming up with a reason not to target Parker. 

Fitz is one of those QBs who seems to produce for fantasy wherever he goes. Seems like Parker will get plenty of targets. Tua is has a cannon and best of all accuracy. 

The only thing making me nervous here is given his 3rd-4th round ADP he seems to good to be true. 

This sort of reminds me Godwin last year 

He's currently my highest best ball share, people are actively looking for reasons to not buy in. I'm just going with it, give me more of last year buddy! 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 12:25 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Just giving context.

Once Miami got rolling, Parker was on fire, even against the best.

I think he lit up Gilmore, iirc.

Like Parker a lot he will be a force this upcoming season 

22 hours ago, mmcc1029 said:

He's currently my highest best ball share, people are actively looking for reasons to not buy in. I'm just going with it, give me more of last year buddy! 

He was for me last year. Played out very well....usually as one of my last picks.

Where's he going this year? 

He is basically Fitz' Brandon Marshall...just throw it up and get it. 

BTW- he performed pretty good against White and Gilmore last year. And Casey Hayward. 

Only concern is volume going down with Tua probably more smartly moving the ball, as well as target distance. There is risk here with a QB change since Tua is not a guarantee...and if Fitz turns back into the pumpkin as usual. 

I like him though- he's a physical force 

• Like 2

On 5/26/2020 at 10:00 AM, this guy right here said:

He was for me last year. Played out very well....usually as one of my last picks.

ADP of 62 since May 1st on mfl 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mmcc1029 said:
On 5/26/2020 at 6:00 PM, this guy right here said:

ADP of 62 since May 1st on mfl 

image.png.f54e9f05c3c44f1928545166abbf31e3.png

FantasyPros shows him indeed as a 5th rounder (.5 PPR), as more or less a WR3. Seems a good price for a guy with WR1 upside (but then again, most of the guys in this range have that upside).

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

image.png.f54e9f05c3c44f1928545166abbf31e3.png

FantasyPros shows him indeed as a 5th rounder (.5 PPR), as more or less a WR3. Seems a good price for a guy with WR1 upside (but then again, most of the guys in this range have that upside).

He's over Green, Gallup, Landry, Sutton, and Boyd for me. McLaurin can break out this year...again. 

Posted (edited)

As I mentioned in the Preston Williams thread, with Hurns out, Wilson out, and now Williams not a lock to be ready for the opener Devante Parker is looking better every day.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

As I mentioned in the Preston Williams thread, with Hurns out, Wilson out, and now Williams not a lock to be ready for the opener Devante Parker is looking better every day.

Yes, but at what ADP? It was already high based on last year's success. This is just gonna bump him up even higher. 

Don't look like he's gonna be on too many of G Man's teams this season. SMH... 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Yes, but at what ADP? It was already high based on last year's success. This is just gonna bump him up even higher. 

Don't look like he's gonna be on too many of G Man's teams this season. SMH... 

Well, I guess it depends on how well he plays. If 2020 is anything like the second half of 2019 his current ADP would be a steal.

Edited by Lamont Sanford