Rotoworld.com Forums

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're not starting him when he's healthy and in a primetime matchup between two bad defensive teams then when would you even start him? Guys are talking about a rookie cornerback? Really? Pretty m

Remember that Simpsons where Lisa rolls Homer's BBQ roast pig down the street?   Here's me as a Parker owner this season Its just a little groin pull, he's still good, he's still good! It

Are we still asking this question every week?? WHY???

Posted Images

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That's the point.

Tua has Rodgers, Brees type comps. Guy needs to be flinging the rock but not sure Brian Flores and Chan Gailey agree with that assessment.

I wasn’t talking about from a talent perspective. I was moreso referring to Rodgers ego, and the stat padding this year on the revenge tour. 

• Like 2

So, are we rolling with Parker today or no?

I think 'Zona O definitely gonna be able to move the ball even though Miami D been pretty stout of late. Question is can Miami keep up? I think so, perhaps to a somewhat lesser extent. Question is; will it be enough to keep Parker fantasy relevant? Definitely feels more than a little risky. 

Come on Tua. Target Parker. No Williams. No Gesicki. Parker is YOUR boy :). Have a bad feeling Tua will go to Williams as his safety blanket though because of his size. Parker didn't really rely on a ton of separation, he just had that trust with Fitzy that he was going to get the ball. 

Edited by harck
  • Like 1

Williams was clearly Tua's favorite target and first read. When he went down, went right back to the Parker show in a similar fashion to last year. Think he had 1 catch for 10 yards before Williams got injured. After injury? 5-6 targets in 1.5 quarters and 60 yards. History repeats itself I guess. Parker's fantasy value depends on how long Williams' injury sidelines him for. Could see a similar stretch to last year if this is an extended injury.

Edited by harck
21 minutes ago, harck said:

Williams was clearly Tua's favorite target and first read. When he went down, went right back to the Parker show in a similar fashion to last year. Think he had 1 catch for 10 yards before Williams got injured. After injury? 5-6 targets in 1.5 quarters and 60 yards. History repeats itself I guess. Parker's fantasy value depends on how long Williams' injury sidelines him for. Could see a similar stretch to last year if this is an extended injury.

Yea, I was already planning to drop Parker until Preston got hurt and all of a sudden he became a target monster again. He’s a sneaky buy-low/hold depending on Preston’s condition. 

Obviously do not like see injuries, but I do not think there is any denying the boost in value after William's got hurt. Parker went from being an afterthought in this new offense to being peppered with targets. Like the above poster said, if Williams is out for an extended period of time, Parker might turn into the target hog he was at the end of last year.

• Like 2
Just now, jpark211 said:

I think Williams was carted off? im not a doctor but i think this spells for at least a few weeks absence. good news for parker stocks!

He was. The Yahoo blurb said that some fear he'll miss the rest of the year.

It kind of sucks as I really like this Miami team and Tua obviously has a connection with Williams. But yeah, if he's out for an extended period of time then Parker's value has been saved big time (I was ready to drop him tbh).

56 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

It kind of sucks as I really like this Miami team and Tua obviously has a connection with Williams. But yeah, if he's out for an extended period of time then Parker's value has been saved big time (I was ready to drop him tbh).

Anyone see the injury?  How bad did it look?  I didn't get a chance to watch the game so I'm just wondering if there's any insight on this out there.

58 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Here's what Rotowire is saying about the Preston Williams injury:

X-rays on Williams' injured foot came back negative, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Spin: The Dolphins believe Williams escaped with a sprain, though it could be a relatively severe one given that he was carted off the field during the second quarter of Sunday's win over the Cardinals. He was on track for a huge game before the injury, catching four of five targets for 60 yards and a touchdown on 17 snaps. Mack Hollins replaced Williams and scored a TD of his own, but Hollins finished the afternoon with just the one target, also playing 17 snaps (28 percent). Hollins and Jakeem Grant will be the top candidates to take on vacated snaps if Williams isn't available for Week 10 against the Chargers.

Probably another midfoot sprain like Mixon/Carson/Ridley. Ridley's was on the minor side. Carson/Mixon moderate. From what I've seen these take guys out for a minimum of 2 weeks, but linger in many cases. Seen guys out for 6+ weeks with moderate/severe ones. We'll see. But yeah, Parker shoots right back up to WR2 with WR1 upside for as long as Preston is sidelined. His 5 catches and 60 yards all came in about 1 quarter after the Preston injury, extrapolate that over a full competitive game and Parker looks good.

4 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

Preston Williams to the IR, did Parker just become a WR2 again?

And it looked like Williams has a foot injury of some kind.  They carted him off in bare feet, I do not see that too often.  Jones fracture or lis franc or mid-foot sprain, possibly.

16 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

Preston Williams to the IR, did Parker just become a WR2 again?

Yep. I think he's a WR2 with WR1 upside again. Tua hit him 5 times in 1 quarter for 60 yards the second Preston left. He's gotta throw the ball to someone, and Parker is the best they got on the field.

Obviously, last year's numbers were astronomical, but let's hope for something similar lol. He was THE WR2 overall in ppr from weeks 7 to 16.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, BigNicc said:

Last hour slotting him in over some options projected to do better. They have to get him the ball to be in the game. If there's any week to feel good starting him, it has to be this week. Right?

Yup. I think these next three weeks without Preston is his time to shine. Hopefully he gets fed and takes advantage of it.

5 minutes ago, BigNicc said:

Last hour slotting him in over some options projected to do better. They have to get him the ball to be in the game. If there's any week to feel good starting him, it has to be this week. Right?

I watched a bunch of no name scrubs murder the Chargers pass D in the Denver game every time they aired it out.  If Parker can't be fed with Williams out, Ford traded, and the other starters being Jakeem "Smurf" Grant, and Mack "Bush" Hollins, I give up.  Only other guys at WR are Antonio "Sicky Icky" Calloway and Lynn "Pacman 2.0" Bowden.  If the floor isn't 70 yards I give up.