Rotoworld.com Forums

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook

15 minutes ago, BigNicc said:

Last hour slotting him in over some options projected to do better. They have to get him the ball to be in the game. If there's any week to feel good starting him, it has to be this week. Right?

6 minutes ago, King Gonzo said:

Yup. I think these next three weeks without Preston is his time to shine. Hopefully he gets fed and takes advantage of it.

6 minutes ago, Sternes said:

I watched a bunch of no name scrubs murder the Chargers pass D in the Denver game every time they aired it out.  If Parker can't be fed with Williams out, Ford traded, and the other starters being Jakeem "Smurf" Grant, and Mack "Bush" Hollins, I give up.  Only other guys at WR are Antonio "Sicky Icky" Calloway and Lynn "Pacman 2.0" Bowden.  If the floor isn't 70 yards I give up.

I also think he's Tua's first read in the redzone (Gesicki too). But, Tua trusted Parker enough to throw it to him even with a defender draper all over him for his first TD a couple weeks ago.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're not starting him when he's healthy and in a primetime matchup between two bad defensive teams then when would you even start him? Guys are talking about a rookie cornerback? Really? Pretty m

Remember that Simpsons where Lisa rolls Homer's BBQ roast pig down the street?   Here's me as a Parker owner this season Its just a little groin pull, he's still good, he's still good! It

Are we still asking this question every week?? WHY???

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Well, that was disappointing. 

WTF happened? 

Can't trust him.  Defense blocked a punt at the 1 and then easy run in.  Parker had a TD called incomplete on review.  The team does not want to have to pass. They want to ball control and thus far have been successful doing it.  Lots of cutesy plays to people like Perry **eyeroll** but while targeting Parker they weren't very successful with it.  Non-startable but maybe you can find someont to take him in a package.  Led team in targets but I did not have eyes on the game so I have no idea the quality of them.

• Like 1

Parker just isn’t getting separation this year. He’s still a big-bodied receiver with good hands but I don’t see him being a consistent option at all with Tua under center. Grant looks like he fits this new scheme better. 

• Like 1

That TD call back was painful. But yeah, hurts to say, this isn't his year. I had really high hopes last year, but the switch off Fitz hurts him. Miami defense is great, Tua is a game manager that doesn't throw all that much, and like the above guy said, doesn't seem like Parker is creating much separation. He didn't last year either, but Fitz was more willing to toss him contested catches and he reeled in more of them. This year, he's dropping more of them or getting run out of bounds.

• Like 1

I dropped him last week because he's been riding my bench all year. While he is a talented WR, his ceiling is severely limited by the team he plays for. Not enough surrounding talent to spread the Defense away from him.

14 minutes ago, Gootz said:

his ceiling is severely limited by the team he plays for. Not enough surrounding talent to spread the Defense away from him.

that and Tua is a game manager, like Bridgewater, safe throws only. no bombs down field. Tua average ~20 PA per game.. not enough volume to trust. Can't see how I start this guy... and i'm not dropping him, yet. I traded for DP this season, but will never be targeting him in drafts EVER.

Edited by THE_MAGIC_MAN
speeling
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, zman80 said:

Parker's shin hit down in bounds before his knee landed out of bounds. He didn't need two feet down for that. It was a touchdown.

This is actually correct. You are technically down if any part of your body above the ankle or wrist touches down.

Em9zH4zW8AcQbDG?format=jpg&name=large

The thing is, it was called a catch on the field. Maybe you can debate if it was or not but overturning it was flat out BS. To me, it looks like a catch so the call on the field should have stood.

• Thanks 1

Of course the teams that took Keenan Allen were kind of screwed and then came Herbert.  For all of us who have Parker we were hoping for that same kind of chemistry with Tua.  It turns out its the complete opposite.  There is no chemistry between them, they have become ultra conservative.  Parker is useless, I would bet that Grant out produces him for the rest of the year.

2 hours ago, zman80 said:

Parker's shin hit down in bounds before his knee landed out of bounds. He didn't need two feet down for that. It was a touchdown.

Man, this was driving me nuts watching it live. I agree that it looked like his shin touched the ground before he landed out of bounds but the local commentators and Scott Hanson all thought it was a foregone conclusion that it would be called back. I figured I was just being a homer. 

Had a good game and got in the end zone. I know Tua is the future but man I wish Fitz would get the start back, he looked Parker’s way 3-4 times on that last drive alone. He would be a top 15 WR if Fitz came back in.

Either way solid game, but he is definitely capped with Tua under center.

9 minutes ago, Breesus said:

Had a good game and got in the end zone. I know Tua is the future but man I wish Fitz would get the start back, he looked Parker’s way 3-4 times on that last drive alone. He would be a top 15 WR if Fitz came back in.

Either way solid game, but he is definitely capped with Tua under center.

I mean....he had 3 receptions for 18 yards and a TD with Tua (he may have gotten to 4/24 with Tua, I'm going off memory, but whatever it was, it was doubled by Fitz in a drive).  I saw him at 1 reception, 3 yards, and a TD for at least half the game.  That isn't really "good".  Fitz immediately started pumping the ball at him.  I agree if Fitz is there he is startable.  If Tua is there, I disagree on him being "solid". 

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1

Laughed when he doubled his points for the night 2 minutes after Fitz came in. Yeah, as much as it sucks to say, he's a bench with Tua starting. Fitz trusts Parker enough to force feed him, Tua plays much much more conservative and seems to only look for him in the redzone.

31 minutes ago, Sternes said:

I mean....he had 3 receptions for 18 yards and a TD with Tua (he may have gotten to 4/24 with Tua, I'm going off memory, but whatever it was, it was doubled by Fitz in a drive).  I saw him at 1 reception, 3 yards, and a TD for at least half the game.  That isn't really "good".  Fitz immediately started pumping the ball at him.  I agree if Fitz is there he is startable.  If Tua is there, I disagree on him being "solid". 

That was my point, he scored a TD and had a solid “game”. I never said he will be solid with Tua, I said he is capped with Tua.

• Like 1

Tua Tagovailoa will remain the Dolphins' starting quarterback after being benched in Week 11. 

Head coach Brian Flores pulled no punches in explaining why he yanked Tua for Ryan Fitzpatrick in the fourth quarter. But Flores was clear there would be no wholesale changes to the team's QB spot in Week 12. Fitzpatrick after the team's loss to Denver said there would be "no controversy. This is his team. He's going to lead this team and continue to lead the team." The rookie completed 11-of-20 passes for 83 yards and one touchdown while taking six sacks against the Broncos. Tua has a fantastic Week 12 bounce back spot: he gets a Jets' defense that can't stop anyone. 

Boom/Bust flex. On the bright side, Tua targets him in the end zone......

Mike Will and Keenan ate last week vs JETS because luckily it turned out to be a competetive game. Anyone starting him and actually feeling good about it? His first true dud was @NYJ but with Fitz, looking different this time around or more of a similar situation?