Corleone

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook

51 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

As I mentioned in the Preston Williams thread, with Hurns out, Wilson out, and now Williams not a lock to be ready for the opener Devante Parker is looking better every day.

yeah what could go wrong with NOBODY else for defenses to cover 

• Like 1

ADP is overrated.

Draft who you think is gonna be a stud.

I have parker on all my teams. Cheap WR1

Finished last year with more yards, TDS, and fantasy points than Amari cooper and was more consistent game to game along with abusing Stephen Gilmore, along with making michael Thomas jealous this offseason.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Parker vs Gilmore last year at the end of the year when Parker was rolling he had 11 targets, 8 catches for 138 yards.

Dolphins still have gesiki and Williams so not all attention is on parker

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

10 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

You realize Miami will replace those WRs with other WRs, right? Parker flourished with Williams out in 2019. 

46 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Yes, but at what ADP? It was already high based on last year's success. This is just gonna bump him up even higher. 

Don't look like he's gonna be on too many of G Man's teams this season. SMH... 

I see it another way: Parker's ADP is low considering last year's success. How often does a guy finish WR7 and the next summer his ADP is WR24? There are reservations but how many WRs at that point offer top-7 upside? FantasyPros ADP has him going right behind Chark which is crazy to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Isn’t the real question here who will be the QB?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

You realize Miami will replace those WRs with other WRs, right? Parker flourished with Williams out in 2019. 

oh I remember.    But it’s a double edged sword.   And Parker isn’t some project who many doubted could stay healthy.   He’s going to be doubled heavily in 2020.  Courtland Sutton can tell you all about that.   From wr9 to outside the top 24 when Sanders left.    Doubled constantly, led the league in OPI drawn during the stretch.  Don’t get fantasy pts for that.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

oh I remember.    But it’s a double edged sword.   And Parker isn’t some project who many doubted could stay healthy.   He’s going to be doubled heavily in 2020.  Courtland Sutton can tell you all about that.   From wr9 to outside the top 24 when Sanders left.    Doubled constantly, led the league in OPI drawn during the stretch.  Don’t get fantasy pts for that.   

I've read reports that coaches have said that Preston Williams has looked sharp recently and if he can show the form that he did in his rookie season before he got injured, teams won't be able to double Parker as much.

Parkers value comes from Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

When he's benched for Tua he's gonna be tough to start. 

Although everytime I pop in the AC forum it seems y'all can all flip guys in those situations for Julio Jones each year so probably nothing to fear for majority of y'all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Who were the WRs keeping parker from getting double teamed last year when Williams was hurt?

Allen Hurns and Albert Wilson?

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Parkers value comes from Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

When he's benched for Tua he's gonna be tough to start. 

Although everytime I pop in the AC forum it seems y'all can all flip guys in those situations for Julio Jones each year so probably nothing to fear for majority of y'all. 

Tua can't throw to parker? 

48 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Not like Ryan Fitzpatrick can. 

🤔

Wonder why Miami wasted the draft pick when they have such a dominant QB already...

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

🤔

Wonder why Miami wasted the draft pick when they have such a dominant QB already...

BIGGG difference between winning football games and creating fantasy relevant WRs. 

You're trying to hard to argue now. It needs to come naturally, not forced, like what this is. 

• Like 3

On 8/5/2020 at 11:33 AM, The G Man said:

Yes, but at what ADP? It was already high based on last year's success. This is just gonna bump him up even higher. 

Don't look like he's gonna be on too many of G Man's teams this season. SMH... 

I just got Parker in the 5th round as my WR1 (went 4 RB due to value...)

Feeling great about it now. I may have been harsh on him before in this thread, but targets are all that matter in fantasy, and he will get a boatload of them now. Some of his highlights last year were pretty impressive. Hopefully Fitz is QB for a while and Tua can seamlessly integrate the passing offense when the mantle is passed.

52 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Feeling great about it now. I may have been harsh on him before in this thread, but targets are all that matter in fantasy, and he will get a boatload of them now. Some of his highlights last year were pretty impressive. Hopefully Fitz is QB for a while and Tua can seamlessly integrate the passing offense when the mantle is passed.

That does present a very intriguing draft strategy. 

56 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I used a similar strategy in one of my leagues and ended up with Courtland Sutton as my #1 wr.  There is a lot of wr value this year in that 4th/5th round area.  Not so much with the rb's.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, The G Man said:

That does present a very intriguing draft strategy. 

League also has two flex for RB/WR/TE, which makes RB's very valuable vs. WRs. It does start 3 WR, but the opportunity to start 4 bellcows is too good to pass up.

Anyways, just took a look at Parkers second half of the season last year...dominant. Man- incredible YPC (a little inefficient) but was just dominant at the catch point. Looks like Dez Bryant kinda. 

26 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I used a similar strategy in one of my leagues and ended up with Courtland Sutton as my #1 wr.  There is a lot of wr value this year in that 4th/5th round area.  Not so much with the rb's.

Definitely depends on league settings, but I would really have no problem with taking WR's starting in the 4th round and beyond, just like last year. It was deep last year. It's even deeper this year. And the targets are flattening, only leading a handul of WR's to be the true difference makers at the position. 

I ended up getting Parker as my 3rd wr in 2 leagues and traded for him in another as I think he'll have a year similar to or better than last year.  The jury is out on the rookie Tagavailoa but we all know that Fitz likes to sling it and he should be in there for at least the first half of the season to chuck long passes to Parker.

Does Parker's splits cause no one any concern when looking at the numbers he put up while Williams was on the field and then after Williams was hurt? With Williams on the field with him, Parker produced 28-400-4 on 52 targets in 8 games. In the 8 games following Williams' injury, Parker went bonkers...producing 44-802-5 on 76 targets. 

I see questions about why Parker's ADP is so low, but it makes sense to me. Williams will be back soon this season, perhaps as early as game one or two...Gesicki continues to develop...have to think Breida will see targets out of the backfield. 

I like Parker a lot, and I believe he earned himself a healthy target share in 2020, but I see legitimate concerns here. Williams earned himself a healthy target share, too...and in fact had 60 through the 8 games he played last year. Gesicki is earning more targets. The route to WR1 is going to be very difficult for him this year. 

Just now, Flyman75 said:

Does Parker's splits cause no one any concern when looking at the numbers he put up while Williams was on the field and then after Williams was hurt? With Williams on the field with him, Parker produced 28-400-4 on 52 targets in 8 games. In the 8 games following Williams' injury, Parker went bonkers...producing 44-802-5 on 76 targets. 

I see questions about why Parker's ADP is so low, but it makes sense to me. Williams will be back soon this season, perhaps as early as game one or two...Gesicki continues to develop...have to think Breida will see targets out of the backfield. 

I like Parker a lot, and I believe he earned himself a healthy target share in 2020, but I see legitimate concerns here. Williams earned himself a healthy target share, too...and in fact had 60 through the 8 games he played last year. Gesicki is earning more targets. The route to WR1 is going to be very difficult for him this year. 

I'm with you on the splits with P Williams and I think it devalues Parker for real.  The talent seems to be there but have to slot him in lower... WR 38 - 44 range for 2020 with Williams at the end of the same range.  Could be overreaction but WR is deep.

10 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I think it is a legitimate concern...but I'm not too concerned.  For one, Williams will be coming off an injury, Parker has unquestionable talent it was just a matter of finding it and his confidence, and he has built a rapport with Fitzpatrick.  No doubt in my mind he's the go to guy in this offense, when Fitzpatrick makes contested throws like this to him on 4th down (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7gvW_uSygI) the confidence he has in Parker is clear.

Parker seems like a guy who doesn't have the internal confidence of some of the other louder receivers you see in the NFL.  Even though he showed flashes of skill in the past I think he had insecurities about whether he belonged in the league or not.  Well now those doubts are gone, whether it's the big contract he signed or getting into a social media fight with Michael Thomas; these are things that show and should keep his confidence high.

I don't think Parker will pace at that second half pace of targets, but likely somewhere in between his 1st and 2nd half of the season.  Which would put him right around where he finished last year.  Assuming he's healthy, I think it's safe to say he's a 1000+ yard receiver who will get plenty of TDs because of his elite ability to high point the ball and win contested catches.  If he's being drafted after round 5, that's a steal.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Not really...coming back from a mid-season ACL tear is hard. Almost all of the receivers on the team are opting out for this year. Gesicki is a good talent but Parker's been playing in the league for a while. He was absolutely dominant the the second half of last year, and he meshes well with Fitzpatrick. The hope is that the dolphins don't flop completely this year and are a competent team, and that the shift to Tua isn't a huge drop off to his production. But Parker seems like a lock for 25 - 30% target share, which not a lot of people can say that'll be the case.

Oh and he got extended mid-season last year (team probably saved money by doing so), so the team feels confident that he's turned the corner IMO