Corleone

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook

• Dolphins coach Brian Flores said DeVante Parker is now a "self motivator".

Parker turned a corner late last season following Preston Williams' ACL tear, finishing as a borderline WR1 during the fantasy playoffs. It appears that Parker changed his approach with the new coaching staff -- that tends to happen when coach Adam Gase leaves -- and it's continued throughout the 2020 offseason. Parker is reportedly stronger entering this season, and there's an obvious path to WR2 production in fantasy if the momentum continues. Consider Parker a solid value in the fifth round of drafts with Williams, who is beginning to return to the practice field, offering upside as a double-digit round flier. Keep in mind that the No. 3 and No. 4 receivers in Miami opted out last week.

Aug 20, 2020, 7:30 PM ET

•  

Parker should be solid as long as Fitzpatrick is in there but if/when the rookie qb takes over later in the year, Parker's numbers could plummet depending on their connection.

I still think he gives mad value where he’s going. I keep seeing his ADP right around 55-65. Crazy. I understand there are factors that could hinder him (Williams coming back, Tua starting eventually) but that’s just people talking themselves out of drafting him. He is the best WR in the AFC, and I think he balls out all season long. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I still think he gives mad value where he’s going. I keep seeing his ADP right around 55-65. Crazy. I understand there are factors that could hinder him (Williams coming back, Tua starting eventually) but that’s just people talking themselves out of drafting him. He is the best WR in the AFC, and I think he balls out all season long. 

Thats some high praise when you got Cheetah - Sutton - Diggs - AJ Brown - Hilton - Odell in the AFC plus the shiny new rookies like Jeudy/Ruggs

Edited by kmoore1521

18 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Thats some high praise when you got Cheetah - Sutton - Diggs - AJ Brown - Hilton - Odell in the AFC plus the shiny new rookies like Jeudy/Ruggs

It's accurate

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sjm76 said:

Parker should be solid as long as Fitzpatrick is in there but if/when the rookie qb takes over later in the year, Parker's numbers could plummet depending on their connection.

Tua threw so many TDs the last 2 years he barely ever played in the 3rd and 4th quarter of games.

I don't think Tua will have a problem getting the ball to Parker when it comes time for that.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Tua threw so many TDs the last 2 years he barely ever played in the 3rd and 4th quarter of games.

I don't think Tua will have a problem getting the ball to Parker when it comes time for that.

If anything I think a guy like Parker going up for 70/30 balls is a rookie QB’s best friend. 

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

If anything I think a guy like Parker going up for 70/30 balls is a rookie QB’s best friend. 

For those who are afraid Tua won't sling it like Fitzpatrick you really should study up.

He is probably my favorite value as draft time nears, but I'd feel a lot better if Fitz was there to start.   I am a Tua fan but i expect hiccups if he's starting week 1 and i definitely want nothing to do with Rosen>   

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

He is probably my favorite value as draft time nears, but I'd feel a lot better if Fitz was there to start.   I am a Tua fan but i expect hiccups if he's starting week 1 and i definitely want nothing to do with Rosen>   

I don't think that Rosen will see the field this year unless Fitz and Tua are both injured and have to miss time.  I agree that Rosen looked pretty bad when he was in there.

Picked him up off of free agents in case one of my wr goes down. Not expecting to much from him

16 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

Picked him up off of free agents in case one of my wr goes down. Not expecting to much from him

6 team league? 

28 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

You need to find a more competitive league my friend. 

1 minute ago, The G Man said:

You need to find a more competitive league my friend. 

Maybe I do but Parker isn’t anything special anyway

• Haha 1

Just now, Arrowhead said:

Maybe I do but Parker isn’t anything special anyway

Wow. OK, you know what?

On second thought, N/M.

Good luck bro!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Wow. OK, you know what?

On second thought, N/M.

Good luck bro!

WR11 in my league last year “nothing special”. 

• Thanks 1

caveat emptor on Parker ... looks like Fitzmagic is not gonna be ready, after being named the starter - word is the Fish will be calling in street meat to fill the vacancy - dunno if they wanna toss Tua to the wolves straight from jump. 

14 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

caveat emptor on Parker ... looks like Fitzmagic is not gonna be ready, after being named the starter - word is the Fish will be calling in street meat to fill the vacancy - dunno if they wanna toss Tua to the wolves straight from jump. 

I just read he came back to practice today?

14 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

• Ryan Fitzpatrick returned to Dolphins practice.

Fitzpatrick was away from the team for personal reasons. He only ended up missing one day. With Fitzpatrick back, Tua Tagovailoa will go back to repping with the second team. 

SOURCE: ESPN
    Aug 22, 2020, 9:49 AM ET

•  
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

I just read he came back to practice today?

1 minute ago, The G Man said:

• Ryan Fitzpatrick returned to Dolphins practice.

Fitzpatrick was away from the team for personal reasons. He only ended up missing one day. With Fitzpatrick back, Tua Tagovailoa will go back to repping with the second team. 

SOURCE: ESPN
    Aug 22, 2020, 9:49 AM ET

•  

🤑

well, so much for that - time for a drink, perhaps 🍻

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

🤑

well, so much for that - time for a drink, perhaps 🍻

It’s 5 o’ clock somewhere yeah?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

... mah man, with the way my week has gone, 10:31 a.m. is the new 5 o'clock 😁

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

11 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... mah man, with the way my week has gone, 10:31 a.m. is the new 5 o'clock 😁

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

If Tua did have to start Parker would be fine if he still averages 9 targets a game. 

Fitzy just Chucks it up for his WR to catch, it's why he has bounced all around the league with varying levels of success. 

Tua can sling the rock.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats