Corleone

DeVante Parker 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Is it weird that I'm high on Parker AND Preston Williams? I think they're both extremely talented. Like someone mentioned above, I remember Parker roasting some extremely good corners last season, and he was the focal point of opposing defenses.

I don't know if their offense can support two fantasy relevant WR's. Not expecting the team to be quite as bad as they were last season, but bad enough that they will have to throw a decent amount. 

I have both Parker and Preston Williams in both of my leagues. Wasn't planning on drafting both of them each time, but my goal was to get one or the other. I do think they'll benefit each other on the field, and if one gets injured, the healthy one will get more targets (but also attract more defensive attention). 

Also, how do you guys think Tua would affect the offense in the case that Fitz get benched or hurt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Returned to practice today...I think this was mostly a precautionary thing, where they just know how important he is and how shallow they are at the position.

Guy has been a massive bargain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2020 at 11:45 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

Returned to practice today...I think this was mostly a precautionary thing, where they just know how important he is and how shallow they are at the position.

Guy has been a massive bargain.

I agree overall but wonky hammy and Gilmore w redemption on his mind gives me serious pause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I agree overall but wonky hammy and Gilmore w redemption on his mind gives me serious pause.

Me too, but my other options are Lazard/Watkins/claypool so onward we go! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Me too, but my other options are Lazard/Watkins/claypool so onward we go! 

The last piece of the puzzle is Fitzmagic.

 

Back from mourning his late mother?

 

Ready to sling it around in her honor?

 

Might be some fireworks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see a Fitzmagic blowup if his cast was healthy, but with a non-healthy cast, consistently making it all the way down the field is hard.

Might see a rushing TD or two from Fitzmagic, maaaaybe.

Dump offs to RBs.

Chan Gailey is back to maybe TE Gisecki has a blowup game playing that "big slot" role that David Nelson / Quincy Enunwa / Brandon Marshall(?) had.  Those are my guesses with Preston Williams still showing up on the injury report with a (knee) and Devante starting the season off right with a (hammy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh....  Luckily this is Week 1.  My choice is Parker, Green or Ruggs.

I just keep thinking about how he gave Gilmore the “business”’ that whole game last year...

I guess I’m waiting until game day to decide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

Sigh....  Luckily this is Week 1.  My choice is Parker, Green or Ruggs.

I just keep thinking about how he gave Gilmore the “business”’ that whole game last year...

I guess I’m waiting until game day to decide.

 

I believe that was the only time he got burned all of last year. But Gilmore could just as easily give Parker the "business" this time around. 

Just saying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im high on him this year but i never really thought about what would happen if they go youth movement and start tua...I think parkers and fitzpatrick got that connection going but could see them using tua down the stretch if miami does not stay competitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

 

But Gilmore could just as easily give Parker the "business" this time 

 

tenor.gif?itemid=16220834

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RunCMC said:

 

I believe that was the only time he got burned all of last year. But Gilmore could just as easily give Parker the "business" this time around. 

Just saying

No question.

Service was still handed out with a smile, though.

If Park is healthy, I’m playing him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gilmore also missed practice or was limited with a hamstring injury....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

Gilmore also missed practice or was limited with a hamstring injury....

Im not putting too much stock into Gilmores injury. I think he still plays and shuts someone down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Im not putting too much stock into Gilmores injury. I think he still plays and shuts someone down. 

Yeah it was a 'new' injury for Gilmore, but with BB you can expect over half the team listed with little nicks, etc.

I am not feeling a lot of confidence in Parker this week, but I have no choice with my deeper leagues. Just hope the injury was minor and they were protecting him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well for me it's him Parris Campbell or Slayton so will gamble with Parker. Figure with Williams there Gilmore will maybe not shadow 1 guy as both are alpha type receivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I could decipher on Twitter, it sounds like Parker, Preston and Gesicki were all at practice today and possibly full go too.

Gilmore will shadow Parker, but should still get a healthy target share...it isn't a warm feeling play, but I prob will go with him.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting with confidence.

 

If you bench him you should bench guys like Amari Cooper, robert woods, aj brown, dk metcalf, and a lot of other 1,000 yard receivers.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting and confident.   Miami has always had the Patriots number.   I think him and Gesicki are going shine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'm not really feeling it myself, but will likely roll him out there due to a lack of better options.Doubt he racks up another 8 catches for 137 yards, but I could see 5-6 catches for 60ish yards. 

One thing that I don't think is being mentioned much though is how many players the Pat's D doesn't have coming back from last year's team. Phins might be able to move the ball with some effectiveness. 

Fins Up baby!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Yeah, I'm not really feeling it myself, but will likely roll him out there due to a lack of better options.Doubt he racks up another 8 catches for 137 yards, but I could see 5-6 catches for 60ish yards. 

One thing that I don't think is being mentioned much though is how many players the Pat's D doesn't have coming back from last year's team. Phins might be able to move the ball with some effectiveness. 

Fins Up baby!

 

Fins Up Baby!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Dolphins WR DeVante Parker (hamstring) will play Week 1 against New England. 

    Parker had been limited in recent practices with a hamstring injury. It was clear the Dolphins were being cautious with their presume No. 1 wideout, who this week takes on a Patriots defense he shredded for eight watches and 137 yards in Miami's final game of 2019. The Dolphins are big road underdogs this week, so we could see Ryan Fitzpatrick drop back to pass early and often against the Pats. Parker and Preston Williams will have weekly volume-based upside. 

    RELATED: 
    Sep 11, 2020, 1:45 PM ET
     
  •  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dboy94 said:

Parker or Edelman as my WR3 this week???

Wrong place to post this, but Julian. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.