Ecofolux

Justin Verlander 2020 Outlook

31 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Right triceps soreness sounds better than like... elbow soreness? Or idk 

ankle soreness would be better.  Anything arm is bad. 

Have a draft tonight, so he's a DND until we learn further. Triceps can be a beginning of major arm problems.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

Have a draft tonight, so he's a DND until we learn further. Triceps can be a beginning of major arm problems.

He was always unattractive to me this year as is because of age and innings.  This tricep tightness just clinches  it.  I wont be owning him this year.  Not a complete dnd for me, but he'll need to come at a discount that I dont thj k he will.

17 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

He was always unattractive to me this year as is because of age and innings.  This tricep tightness just clinches  it.  I wont be owning him this year.  Not a complete dnd for me, but he'll need to come at a discount that I dont thj k he will.

Did you say the same thing the year before and the year before that?

16 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Did you say the same thing the year before and the year before that?

That's irrelevant.  We draft for the future, not the past.  If anyone thought he was too old 2 years ago, hes now 2 years older with another 500 innings.  Id rather be a year early than a year late.

2 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

That's irrelevant.  We draft for the future, not the past.  If anyone thought he was too old 2 years ago, hes now 2 years older with another 500 innings.  Id rather be a year early than a year late.

I take that as a yes

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

But you are not a year early, you're running on 3 years early so far 😂😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Apparently Verlander says it does not feel “as bad” as last time he had soreness.  MRI incoming 

My guess is shut down for a few weeks then back to normal. Problem is at this time given he's not built up yet he's looking at a best case scenario short IL stint to start the year.

2 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

My guess is shut down for a few weeks then back to normal. Problem is at this time given he's not built up yet he's looking at a best case scenario short IL stint to start the year.

I’ll take that at this point.  I’m afraid of the mid-season return.

Posted (edited)

So given the news how far does Verlander fall down on your draft boards? 20th overall? 30th overall? [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed bench coach content.

10 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

So given the news how far does Verlander fall down on your draft boards? 20th overall? 30th overall? [...]

i think he falls pretty hard.  6th round probably.  I don’t think he’ll pitch until May.

I have no idea how legit this guy is but 4-6 weeks would be pretty significant. 

I'm actually really relieved by this news, it could have been so, so much worse. I'm hoping he's back by the beginning of May. The Astros were probably going to limit him towards the end of the season due to the fact he really faded in the playoffs last year. Hopefully now when he returns he can pitch a full schedule and carry me in the playoffs :D

26 minutes ago, Sine_cera said:

I was thinking mid-May as well.

28 minutes ago, Sine_cera said:

AGF-l799R2cq2SgzgS-e6fbhZWwrOcmZFilux4cGdA=s900-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

31 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

i think he falls pretty hard.  6th round probably.  I don’t think he’ll pitch until May.

So somewhere between Sale and Glasnow?

10 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I was thinking mid-May as well.

Or mid-MEH2? (May as well....get it??...lol)

giphy.gif

• Haha 2