Ecofolux

Justin Verlander 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Verlander is 35+ years old or something with tons of mileage on his arm. If you baked that into his projections he should have fallen several rounds. 

His age was the only reason why his ADP was late round 2nd even though his he finished last year as the #1 ranked player/pitcher by a wide margin.  Some regression from last year's ERA and WHIP was definitely to be expected at his age; I didn't read anyone predicting he'd only pitch 6 innings the entire year.  At his ADP, he could have regressed a ton and still returned a profit.  Even if he regressed to something like Aaron Nola like numbers from last year, that would have been damaging, but nowhere near as damaging as missing the entire season.

If it was so easy for you to predict that the most durable pitcher of his generation was suddenly going to get injured for the entire season, where the heck were you the past 5 months to say that?  Very easy thing to say in hindsight.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

His age was the only reason why his ADP was late round 2nd even though his he finished last year as the #1 ranked player/pitcher by a wide margin.  Some regression from last year's ERA and WHIP was definitely to be expected at his age; I didn't read anyone predicting he'd only pitch 6 innings the entire year.  At his ADP, he could have regressed a ton and still returned a profit.  Even if he regressed to something like Aaron Nola like numbers from last year, that would have been damaging, but nowhere near as damaging as missing the entire season.

If it was so easy for you to predict that the most durable pitcher of his generation was suddenly going to get injured for the entire season, where the heck were you the past 5 months to say that?  Very easy thing to say in hindsight.

I don't know man, i didn't do any draft prep this year, but it was pretty easy to ignore Verlander anywhere near the 1st/2nd round. He just seemed like a really high risk/bomb waiting to happen. I wasn't surprised at all when news broke about his injury.