Sign in to follow this  
Ads7633

Who would you take right now: Wander Franco or Vlad Jr?

In a Dynasty league setting who has more value? 

Who's ceiling is higher?

Do we still have the same expectations for Vlad?

It's a question worth asking. I'd roll Vlad. He is here now, on the verge of fully breaking out - and while Franco's approach and hit tool is sublime, I just trust Vlad more to be a dominant offensive force. Then again, in Roto, I can see the 5-category appeal of Wander. But Vlad passes the eye test more for me. Let's say they both reach their ceilings... would you rather have prime Miguel Cabrera or peak Francisco Lindor with a moderate batting average upgrade? 

• Like 1

Wrong forum.  Please PLEASE don't encourage these threads with replies.  It only encourages them.  This goes in Bench Coach Forum.  NOT here in the Minor League Forum.

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Wrong forum.  Please PLEASE don't encourage these threads with replies.  It only encourages them.  This goes in Bench Coach Forum.  NOT here in the Minor League Forum.

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

Theres a minor league thread specifically for these questions pinned to the top. 

Just wondering. How does the theoretical value of the current top prospect vs the value of last years top prospect not qualify as a minor league discussion point? I actually pondered which thread to put this in, but bench coach seemed incorrect since I'm not actually asking a question that pertains to any of my teams?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ads7633 said:

Just wondering. How does the theoretical value of the current top prospect vs the value of last years top prospect not qualify as a minor league discussion point? I actually pondered which thread to put this in, but bench coach seemed incorrect since I'm not actually asking a question that pertains to any of my teams?

I'm not a mod, so I don't know.  I think I rather go Vlad because he's in the majors now, maybe Wander's hit tool ends up being better, maybe he has some bags upside, but Vlad could be a monster soon. Wander Franco is probably looking at a 2020 call up, so you're getting one less year when deciding between these two guys which you probably don't make up for another decade or so.  Seems like having the extra year is enough of a push for me currently, but it's not crazy to prefer Wander. Wander might have the higher trade value at the moment, even if I might not agree with it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ads7633 said:

Then try the pinned thread at the top of this page.  But you don't start separate threads for an individual trade discussion in the minor league forum to prevent clutter.

On 2/4/2020 at 12:52 PM, Ads7633 said:

Asking a question like this, intentionally or not, smacks of a BC question. Even if that isn't your intention, that's how it comes across. There are individual player threads, call-up threads, and the like...but not a "who would you take right now" thread. Just the subject heading alone reads like a BC heading. Maybe a better thing to do would be to start something like a "Comparisons" thread...comparing minor leaguers to Major leaguers...who are some comps or how does this year's top prospect compare/contrast to last year's. That actually might be a pretty good thread...if it doesn't get derailed. But it would need to be more general than Wander vs Vlad. 

[Sorry for the late response here, and thanks to the member who reported the thread.  Reports are always the best way to bring a thread like this to our attention. 

As many have stated, these questions can't each get their own thread in this forum.  I've just posted a new MiLB Bench Coach thread for the 2020 season, which would be a fine place to have this conversation, as would the Bench Coach forum.  Please take this discussion and any other Player A / / Player B questions to one of those venues.]

• Like 1