affliction

David Johnson 2020 Outlook

I was very impressed, it mightve been a troll in the living room but said he was hurt, but then he was back in, no worries, perfect rb4, soon to be rb3 after a rb for wr trade goes thru, but i know we dont care about that

point is, rb1 gold?  At rb3 price?

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

8 minutes ago, theantishere said:

I honestly haven't kept up with his career prior to this season. I know he had that wrist a couple years ago, but other than that, is he actually injury prone?

He hurt his ankle last year and got unseated by Edmonds and then Drake, which I think is what makes most people gunshy.

That and his running style is more based on balance and vision than breakaway speed, so he generates a lot of contact.  There's risk involved, but also the potential for a really nice season.  He's still talented, working with a great QB that will consistently draw the attention of defenses, and a talented receiver out of the backfield, with no real pressure for carries on the roster otherwise to push him out.

• Like 1

Comeback player of the year at the pace he is on.  Now that Duke is out, the sky is the limit.

This guy screams sell high....he started out last season with some high scoring fantasy games as well.

Hopefully he strings together another 1-2 solid games and then you look to capitalize via trade market.

Just now, Sivaro said:

Comeback player of the year at the pace he is on.  Now that Duke is out, the sky is the limit.

I'd actually rather see Duke available to spell him periodically and work with him in two back sets.

No back gets 100% of the touches, and Duke isn't really a threat to David's volume when healthy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, theantishere said:

I honestly haven't kept up with his career prior to this season. I know he had that wrist a couple years ago, but other than that, is he actually injury prone?

August 3rd, 2015---Thigh hamstring sprain/pull Grade 1

November 27th, 2016--Hand finger dislocation

January 1, 2017---Knee MCL sprain Grade 2

September 10th, 2017---Hand wrist dislocation 

October 20th, 2019---Pedal/ Ankle sprain pull Grade 1

And I still drafted him.  Several of those injuries were minor or freaky bad luck.  Last year, Arizona used him terrible.  I had a feeling he would do better at Houston with better Oline and the fact that they actually traded for him.  AKA, he is their bell cow.  After game 1, I felt he is on his way. 

• Like 1

To be honest this is really encouraging to see because this was possibly the worst game flow possible for DJ and he still saw really good production. The O line consistently opened holes for him and he had great burst through those holes.

• Like 2

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

I'd actually rather see Duke available to spell him periodically and work with him in two back sets.

No back gets 100% of the touches, and Duke isn't really a threat to David's volume when healthy.

Agreed

It's just annoying that I see a Johnson on the field and think it's my guy but then realize it's Duke.  Trying to focus on their jersey numbers a lot.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

You are right.

I hope Duke gets back soon.  I do not see anything behind him that could spell D-John.  I have David Johnson as my RB2 so need him to stay healthy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

Agreed

It's just annoying that I see a Johnson on the field and think it's my guy but then realize it's Duke.  Trying to focus on their jersey numbers a lot.

Johnson & Johnson, a RB company.  I had to keep reminding myself our guy was 31 early on too.

• Like 2

Gave me fuzzy feelings to see him look beastly out there, he stood out.  Such a good dude and looks like a possible top 10 year could be ahead. DJs back!!!

• Like 1

He was the only real highlight of the night for the Texans. He looks 20 pounds lighter and it’s paid off. Him missing those 2 series actually wrecked the Texans chances in this game, because he was on a roll.

congrats to those who were able to get him. The wr corps are looking shaky except in garbage time so DJ will definitely have opportunities to eat all year if he stays healthy

I say pray for one or two more weeks like this and sell high 

I wouldn’t try to ride this all season. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Klientel said:

First, his next two games are against the Ravens and Steelers. So his value will likely be at its lowest point all season after these next couple games. Second, why sell high? If he stays healthy, he will be an RB1. Doubtful that someone else is willing to trade their RB1 or high end WR for him, so ride it out. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, meverett85 said:

This guy screams sell high....he started out last season with some high scoring fantasy games as well.

Hopefully he strings together another 1-2 solid games and then you look to capitalize via trade market.

23 minutes ago, Klientel said:

Kindly Leave GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I am skeptical he can stay healthy for sure. He looked phenomenal though. If he can stay healthy he will absolutely smash his ADP. I was off him but he was probably worth the risk at his cost this year and more so then the other clump of former 1st round backs in Bell,Gordon,Gurley. 

I know the Cardinals obtained Hopkins for peanuts. Was the ONLY reason to trade him was because they couldn't pass up the deal?

Why did Johnson get benched for Drake all last year? All that's adding up is a debilitating injury / back injury.

He had his wrist looked at on the sideline. You gotta think at this point it's a life-long affliction since he had a crazy recovery time.

I'd say hold and enjoy the ride, but am nervous just like being a nervous Fuller owner. 

• Like 1

GO DJ!! THATS MY DJ!!! Easily could have had a bigger game but KC controlled TOP and Watson ran in a TD...
Little concerned about Watson always taking the TD Plunge though...

I’m as stoked as any of you owners, but it’s ONE game y’all. We all need to stop extrapolating the whole season from it. It’s one game. He looked really good. It’s a good sign, but that’s all it is. Let’s hope it continues. 

12 minutes ago, aapox said:

I’m as stoked as any of you owners, but it’s ONE game y’all. We all need to stop extrapolating the whole season from it. It’s one game. He looked really good. It’s a good sign, but that’s all it is. Let’s hope it continues. 

Exactly, one game. I have him in a league and I'm happy for the one week performance. In his first game last year he had 24 touches, 137 all-purpose yards, 1 TD. He was a non-factor rushing after that except against the Bungals. He was involved in the passing game to make up for it for a few weeks. Second half of the season we got ghosted.

giphy.gif

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

I think we’re just seeing a lot of PTSD from former owners because he burnt us in the past. So I get the reasoning for being reserved with his expectations. That being said he looked his old self. The cutting and explosive moves reminded me of 2016 DJ.