Rotoworld.com Forums

David Johnson 2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

I agree. Even if Duke Johnson is out, I don't have full trust in Watson to dump it down to DJ. Better to have a close game but Baltimore can put up points in a hurry so it's a risk.

It's always a risk if it's a blowout they just pull him entirely as well.

The clearest path to guaranteed volume is a (relatively) close game.

• Like 1
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After last season diaster where I would tell myself not to come near DJ with a 10 feet pole...I just walked away from all my drafts being a 100% stock holder...again.    Never learned I guess..

We just need a coach who can convince Watson to check it down to DJ 5 times a game 

If you draft David Johnson prepare to be frustrated when you see D.Johnson Touchdown and it’s Duke. 

Posted Images

Just now, WaiverLooter said:

I'm sure DJ is gonna get his targets but all I am saying is that I prefer it to be a close game. I know it's a limited sample size but DJ's production last game was first half heavy when the game was still in hand.

Yea it makes sense, they were down 24-7 after the 3rd. Also, Houston offense in general got off to a slow start, so hopefully they get the 4th quarter momentum going from last game where they put up 13 points. I can see DJ getting 13-15 carries, 3-5 targets, 1TD.

• Like 1
Just now, DezedandConfused said:

Yea it makes sense, they were down 24-7 after the 3rd. Also, Houston offense in general got off to a slow start, so hopefully they get the 4th quarter momentum going from last game where they put up 13 points. I can see DJ getting 13-15 carries, 3-5 targets, 1TD.

Yeah I really like his value this year. Him and Mostert are probably the best Rb value picks at round 4+ so far. Perfect for that RB2 spot. Elite if you managed to slot them into the flex.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, hard1 said:

Think Duke may be out.. thats a bonus 

Agreed. Let’s hope for some decent production while the game is close and then some garbage time receiving. Fortunately he looked good in space against KC so even though baltimore has a ridiculous talented defense he should be able to get enough yards to keep the offense moving if they do dump down. 

3 hours ago, digiova said:

i need some big help here.. do i give up melvin gordon or dj in a trade? i’m getting in return for raheem mostert too. which of those two should i keep as rb2 behind miles sanders?

Hey-o. Welcome to the Rotoworld forums! This post is reserved specifically for David Johnson's outlook and value. While your question does have some relation to that, they prefer specific team related questions are posted in the Assistant Coach forum - so head on over there and post this there. Good luck! (DJ will be okay. Ravens week 2 and Steelers week 3 is bad for anyone).

41 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

People actually benching him? My only other option is swift and I just can’t get down with that. I don’t see the Steelers blowing them out like the ravens did. 

I am benching him. Between how the offense looked vs. Baltimore and how the Steelers defense has looked, it just seems like there's no ceiling and the floor is scary. For my main squad I'll probably be flexing out a receiver with a higher ceiling instead.

I don't think I'm gonna bench him, but haven't made up my mind for sure yet. Considering Laviska and Juedy instead. 

I would definitely start him if Watson would start dumping it off to him instead of looking for a big play down field only to have to eat it or take off running...sigh. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I don't think I'm gonna bench him, but haven't made up my mind for sure yet. Considering Laviska and Juedy instead. 

I would definitely start him if Watson would start dumping it off to him instead of looking for a big play down field only to have to eat it or take off running...sigh. 

The workload has definitely been questionable, especially for what they gave up for him in  the trade. 11 carries for your workhorse back on a week where the team didn't have COP Duke Johnson active.