affliction

David Johnson 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

The workload has definitely been questionable, especially for what they gave up for him in  the trade. 11 carries for your workhorse back on a week where the team didn't have COP Duke Johnson active. 

I'm almost glad it turned out like that and for a 'weird silver-lining angle' thought process think the same about Pitt. Save him some grinding against these monster defenses so he's nice and fresh to thrash the light schedule coming up :)

• Like 1

Good news for those of you (us?? :x) starting him, Will Fuller is off the injury report so he should be good to go to help that offense.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, aapox said:

Good news for those of you (us?? :x) starting him, Will Fuller is off the injury report so he should be good to go to help that offense.

Are you really trusting him to not pull up in the middle of the 1st quarter with a reaggravation?

23 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Are you really trusting him to not pull up in the middle of the 1st quarter with a reaggravation?

I'm never trusting Will Fuller to make it through a game. But it could help DJ score on the first drive? 😅

4 hours ago, Yanksfan06 said:

Might bench for Antonio Gibson. Just need to get through this week

Thinking of going with Dobbins or Swift instead.

Pittsburgh just destroyed Saquan week 1.

That Pittsburg line looks absolutely damn brutal. That being said, their offense kind of sucks so Johnson should get some volume. People seem to be quick to point to Barkley but the Giants line is also down right horrendous. Gordon put up a decent 84 yards from scrimmage and got a TD. 

I'm not particularly high on him this week either but benching for guys like Montgomery and Gibson? Don't know about that. Gibson hasn't displayed volume and he plays a Browns defense that held Mixon to under 3 YPC and a defense that managed to hold one of the best rushing teams ever in the Ravens to 111 on 3.7 YPC. For all the flaws the Browns have their run defense is damn good. Montgomery is a solid matchup but if you know Nagy you'd know that against a bad secondary he is about to have his bum QB throw 50 times resulting in them choking the game. 

Pitt probably gonna bottle him up. That's when you want to buy low. He's gonna be solid running with Watson. 

Thinking about benching him today. Just really don't like the match-up. 

But, Duke is out so DJ's all they got. Volume should definitely be there.

9 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Thinking about benching him today. Just really don't like the match-up. 

But, Duke is out so DJ's all they got. Volume should definitely be there.

hes a volume play - he's an RB2 for sure in PPR.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Have a strong feeling he’s going to make us regret benching him

Maybe, but leaving him in against the best defense in the league (after putting up a stinker against a similarly tough defense) is the same as not managing your team.  If you're going to start him this week, you're basically saying he's locked into your lineup no matter what.

All we can do is make the best decision we can and then let the chips fall where they may.  No reason to second guess.  Benching him in this matchup (assuming a better option) is the right move.

Also, if he has a big game....take it as a positive.  Now you will have more confidence starting him in the future.

Well, one thing's for sure. They have to get him more involved in the passing game. WTF did they trade for him for if they're not going to utilize him? 

More emphasis on and utilization of DJ in both the running game and receiving will only help open up the down field passing game. 

6 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Maybe, but leaving him in against the best defense in the league (after putting up a stinker against a similarly tough defense) is the same as not managing your team.  If you're going to start him this week, you're basically saying he's locked into your lineup no matter what.

All we can do is make the best decision we can and then let the chips fall where they may.  No reason to second guess.  Benching him in this matchup (assuming a better option) is the right move.

Also, if he has a big game....take it as a positive.  Now you will have more confidence starting him in the future.

Yea it’s just that Melvin Gordon just had a solid game against this defense and I like literally everything about Johnson’s situation better than Gordon’s. Watson is too much of a gamer to not put up a serious fight here and avoid starting the season 0-3. I think the Texans are going to score a fair amount in this one. So torn here. 

Edited by FinsUp24

10 minutes ago, rigadoog said:

Fell into the endzone, better matchups coming. Can't be too disappointed right now.

wouldn’t say exactly fell in. Had the vision to bounce it out and went into endzone untouched.

Buy low now. Better games ahead. 

Looking forward to seeing some of the vintage DJ we saw in week 1 with the softer schedule ahead.

Watson looked decent in the little I saw today, against Pitt, so I feel a little better about the offense's overall prospects, and I think DJ will be fine going forward.  I'm not sure he could've had a worse stretch of teams to face between going down big early to the world champs then facing maybe the two best defenses in the league back to back (not sure how accurate this is but it's gotta be close), which also have good offenses to stay ahead all game.

It should only go up from here, and DJ has looked a lot like his old self to me.

18 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Buy low now. Better games ahead. 

I agree. I think this is the last week to buy low.

For sure. That was against the Steelers. I know the TD saved his day but that was probably his bare floor that we saw. I’m holding on. 4 years in the making, I still believe. 

19 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Watson looked decent in the little I saw today, against Pitt, so I feel a little better about the offense's overall prospects, and I think DJ will be fine going forward.  I'm not sure he could've had a worse stretch of teams to face between going down big early to the world champs then facing maybe the two best defenses in the league back to back (not sure how accurate this is but it's gotta be close), which also have good offenses to stay ahead all game.

It should only go up from here, and DJ has looked a lot like his old self to me.

Dj is burnt toast brotha.  He’s spent and about to be 29, ain’t the same