affliction

David Johnson 2020 Outlook

14 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Duke has been criminally underused his entire career. Nothing wrong with what he said.

You could be right but we are now into his 6th season, fantasy footballers been saying hes underused for years, NFL teams have continued to underuse him for years, there comes a point where you need to ask is he actually underused? or are the NFL coaches correct not the fantasy footballers? 

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 3

On 10/12/2020 at 3:44 PM, kmoore1521 said:

You could be right but we are now into his 6th season, fantasy footballers been saying hes underused for years, NFL teams have continued to underuse him for years, there comes a point where you need to ask is he actually underused? or are the NFL coaches correct not the fantasy footballers? 

I would loosely use the term "football coach" with Hue Jackson and Bill O'Brien.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Did anyone watch the Texans play last week? How did DJ look in this new Texans offense?

1 hour ago, lml417 said:

Did anyone watch the Texans play last week? How did DJ look in this new Texans offense?

He looked similar. Solid, but meh. His rushing line was inflated because he broke a 31 yarder at the very end of the game at the end of the clock. I tend to say hey, that's great! he can bust a 31 yarder, though :) He's like Lamar Miller when he was in Houston IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aapox said:

He looked similar. Solid, but meh. His rushing line was inflated because he broke a 31 yarder at the very end of the game at the end of the clock. I tend to say hey, that's great! he can bust a 31 yarder, though :)He's like Lamar Miller when he was in Houston IMO.

Spot on and underrated comment. Even down to getting fewer than 5 targets per game. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 2:58 PM, Fort4242 said:

I would loosely use the term "football coach" with Hue Jackson and Bill O'Brien.

This.

Remember that BOB started Tom Savage over Watson after having seen both in practice every day for months.

Hugh Jackson...where to begin 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Duke 4 Carries and 2 Targets so as usual.............nothing to see with Duke Johnson

DJ = Volume based RB2/Flex

It's absolutely mind boggling that he doesn't have more catches.  I don't really mind the low ground output because, let's be honest, he's on a pretty bad team.  BUT he should be a LOCK for 4 recs/40 yards every week with potential for way more.  I just don't get it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

It's absolutely mind boggling that he doesn't have more catches.  I don't really mind the low ground output because, let's be honest, he's on a pretty bad team.  BUT he should be a LOCK for 4 recs/40 yards every week with potential for way more.  I just don't get it.

I know, right?!

Makes zero sense to me too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

It’s honestly **** like this that gives me just enough of a belief that coaches aren’t all that smart actually. Always wondered how successful a madden/fantasy wiz would do calling real plays in the league.

• Like 1

I should've done my research prior to trading for this guy. Looks like he has a similar situation to Drake ironically withabove avgerage offense, TD dependent, high volume and low passing upside.

Edited by Foppatosakic

18 hours ago, The G Man said:

I know, right?!

Makes zero sense to me too. 

I had the exact same complaint when he was on the Cardinals.  Made zero sense.  But this is the second offense that has handled him this way leaving me wondering whether it is a coincidence of poor utilization or something else.

1 hour ago, BigBlueMachine said:

I had the exact same complaint when he was on the Cardinals.  Made zero sense.  But this is the second offense that has handled him this way leaving me wondering whether it is a coincidence of poor utilization or something else.

I think it has to do with Watson’s play style more than anything else. If you’re not getting dump offs and check downs you’re not going to get much. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aapox said:

I think it has to do with Watson’s play style more than anything else. If you’re not getting dump offs and check downs you’re not going to get much. 

Bingo!

That is EACTLY what this issue is. Many mentioned it in the off-season, but I ignored them. Man, were they ever right!

SMH...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

FWIW, I’ve watched most of the Texans games. Several games he has been narrowly missed on targets downfield. One last week for a big TD and one vs the Ravens for a huge gain. His receiving numbers look quite a bit different if he connects on those. We’re seeing a steady floor and honestly, I think he looks good. Hopefully we get some ceiling games in the near future. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Bingo!

That is EACTLY what this issue is. Many mentioned it in the off-season, but I ignored them. Man, were they ever right!

SMH...

People should have sold after Week 1. You could even see it with Kyler Murray what was happening. So, it wasn't a surprise. I looked at him as flex type player not anything more than that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

People should have sold after Week 1. You could even see it with Kyler Murray what was happening. So, it wasn't a surprise. I looked at him as flex type player not anything more than that.

And up til now that's exactly what he's been for me. I didn't draft him to be my #1 or even #2 RB.

Still, the potential is there. It's mind boggling how or why they don't see that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The G Man said:

And up til now that's exactly what he's been for me. I didn't draft him to be my #1 or even #2 RB.

Still, the potential is there. It's mind boggling how or why they don't see that.

bad habits built and/or reinforced by bad coaching can take a long time to change. Sometimes players can’t even overcome it. Hoping Sam Darnold will, for example. 

I’m baffled how they don’t use this man in the passing game.  That’s what made him really good in Arizona.

This has to be one of the safest floors right now. 1 TD upside at least. You really can't beat it right now, especially with all of the RB injuries going around. 

Ugh how come no ones talking about this? I didn’t see the game wtf happened?

2 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Early concussion. Fingers crossed he's ready next week 

30 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Deshaun hung him out to dry on a screen pass which resulted in him getting crushed. 

just traded for DJ, saw the schedule was pretty rough during the beginning of the season and liked the matchups from here on out. Do you think more TDs will be coming?

Horrible luck.  This game should have been a real sweet spot for him.  I hope he's okay and healthy.