Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

David Johnson 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Has anyone ever heard of a player being put on IR for a concussion?


I don’t remember it cooks was on IR last year but he definitely missed multiple weeks and was uncertain. One things for sure, there’s more likelihood they either want to get a good look at Duke as a lead back or have some big time roster needs to put him on IR than it being related to his injury (imo). But there’s also a possibility his symptoms are so bad that they’re like yeah it’s prob gonna be 2-3 weeks so let’s just get a spot open. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After last season diaster where I would tell myself not to come near DJ with a 10 feet pole...I just walked away from all my drafts being a 100% stock holder...again.    Never learned I guess..

We just need a coach who can convince Watson to check it down to DJ 5 times a game 

If you draft David Johnson prepare to be frustrated when you see D.Johnson Touchdown and it’s Duke. 

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, aapox said:


I don’t remember it cooks was on IR last year but he definitely missed multiple weeks and was uncertain. One things for sure, there’s more likelihood they either want to get a good look at Duke as a lead back or have some big time roster needs to put him on IR than it being related to his injury (imo). But there’s also a possibility his symptoms are so bad that they’re like yeah it’s prob gonna be 2-3 weeks so let’s just get a spot open. 

 

It's not uncommon for concussion symptoms to linger for weeks to months. We have no idea what Johnson's concussion history is going back to his high school days. Unlikely they put a guy they traded for and are paying big money too on IR for non-injury related reasons.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Can I just drop him? Do we really think he’s going to come back and be productive?

 

I wouldn't. It's not a leg injury, so when he does get clearance he should be good to go. What Duke does with the opportunity remains to be seen. 

Put him in your IR if you can. If you can't, then I guess you have to evaluate whether the roster spot is more important than what his value might be when he returns. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Can I just drop him? Do we really think he’s going to come back and be productive?

I might drop him, will be week-by-week for me based on how things go with my roster moving forward. I'd say it's really based on your team and depth of players. 3 of his 4 match ups once he returns are brutal INDY twice and Chicago once. He hasn't really wowed for any of his easier match ups either.

For me, I have 2 studs on IR (Ekeler and Mostert) that I will need to make space for at some point. Even if they don't come back, I'm currently not sure if I would start him for any of his remaining match ups once he's off IR.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

 

It's not uncommon for concussion symptoms to linger for weeks to months. We have no idea what Johnson's concussion history is going back to his high school days. Unlikely they put a guy they traded for and are paying big money too on IR for non-injury related reasons.

Fair 👍 but I do think there's still a decent chance there's more there than that given the organization's condition.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly drafted this dude in just about every league.  Holding in 12 and 14 teamers and dropping in a ten teamer fighting for my playoff life.  Thanks to those pointing out that he gets to return to the Bears and Colts x2.  Honestly don't even know if I'd want to start him in those matchups where I'm keeping him.  He hasn't exactly set the world on fire this year.  He's been the definitely of consistent, but consistently mediocre while not completely killing you isn't going to win you a fantasy championship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Latest update from yesterday:

David Johnson (concussion, injured reserve) is eligible to return for Week 13 against the Colts. 

Interim coach Romeo Crennel is apparently "hopeful" it will happen. It is not a guarantee we will get an update Wednesday, as the Texans do not have to list the practice status for players who are on injured reserve. We should get word from the assembled media, however, on whether or not Johnson takes part. Duke Johnson has failed to run with starting duties during David's absence. David would be returning to low-end RB2 status. 

SOURCE: The Athletic
Dec 1, 2020, 5:55 PM ET

 

Kinda cryptic comment by Crennel, but assuming DJ is activated this week he should fall right back into his RB1/feature back role. Duke did absolutely nothing to earn more PT once DJ returns IMO, and Procise shouldn't be a threat. Bigger question might be how does losing Fuller impact him moving forward? 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The G Man said:

Latest update from yesterday:

David Johnson (concussion, injured reserve) is eligible to return for Week 13 against the Colts. 

Interim coach Romeo Crennel is apparently "hopeful" it will happen. It is not a guarantee we will get an update Wednesday, as the Texans do not have to list the practice status for players who are on injured reserve. We should get word from the assembled media, however, on whether or not Johnson takes part. Duke Johnson has failed to run with starting duties during David's absence. David would be returning to low-end RB2 status. 

SOURCE: The Athletic
Dec 1, 2020, 5:55 PM ET

 

Kinda cryptic comment by Crennel, but assuming DJ is activated this week he should fall right back into his RB1/feature back role. Duke did absolutely nothing to earn more PT once DJ returns IMO, and Procise shouldn't be a threat. Bigger question might be how does losing Fuller impact him moving forward? 

 

 

Dropped in one of my leagues.

I assume he would arguably the #1 RB waiver pickup over all the usual suspect scrubs mentioned this week.

Not that high on him, but having him as a handy flex option down the stretch can't hurt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, King Gonzo said:

Pretty ridiculous for anyone to drop him, but like others mentioned I imagine he will pick up where he left off if active.

Agree.  An ok option that you never feel great about putting into your lineup and one that certainly won't make your opponent quiver for a week staring at him there.

1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

hopefully Fuller being out forces them to use DJ more in the pass game

 

thatd be sweeeeet 

I only see that happening if DJ is split out wide.  Deshaun doesn't throw to his backs.

How bad must a concussion be to immediately get put on IR for 3 weeks?  And then still not be able to come back?  Seems like some guys get concussed and then clear protocol magically to play the next week.  Allen Robinson is the most recent one I can think of.  Keep asking neurologists to evaluate you until you find one that says you're fine!  (I'm kidding, I know that's not how it works...)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2020 at 2:17 PM, dontclapGonorrhea said:

are we even sure he plays this week?

 

Speaking Thursday, Texans OC Tim Kelly said David Johnson (concussion) "looks great" since he resumed practicing on Wednesday. 

"He's done a good job," Kelly said. "Look forward to working him back in the mix." Since Johnson is still technically on injured reserve, the Texans do not have to publicly update his practice status, but it certainly sounds like he will be back for Sunday's game against the DeForest Buckner-less (for now) Colts. Duke Johnson showed nothing during David's absence, so he will immediately slot back in as a low-end RB2 for an offense that is going to have to lean more on the run after losing Will Fuller to suspension. Johnson's status will be updated no later than Friday afternoon. 

Dec 3, 2020, 4:34 PM ET
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2020 at 9:35 PM, Pooskay said:

I remember the days of David Johnson as a top 3 fantasy pick.

 

How quickly things change...

Yeah, like 2017 when he scored 90 yards, 2 fumbles and a season ending injury for me. Good times ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Yeah, like 2017 when he scored 90 yards, 2 fumbles and a season ending injury for me. Good times ;)


Welcome back buddy. 
 

Hey there is no bigger idiot on the board that keep defending him. AND drafted him 2nd overall in drafts after his 2017 season...me 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One less mouth the feed if DJ comes back this week, and sounding like he is...

Texans RB C.J. Prosise (illness) has been ruled out for Week 13 against the Colts.

It's a non-COVID illness. Prosise had six touches and played 18% of snaps in a change-up role last week. The Texans are expected to activate David Johnson (concussion, IR) ahead of Sunday's game.

Dec 4, 2020, 10:33 AM ET
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...