Rotoworld.com Forums

David Johnson 2020 Outlook

So he's being activated from IR.

Not sure how I feel about him this week.  Must win week.  Duke didn't exactly take the reins while he was out.  Lost Fuller, do the Texans use DJ more in the slot?  Or does that all go to Coutee/Coulter/Akins?

Anybody feel really confident playing him over flavor of the week options?

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After last season diaster where I would tell myself not to come near DJ with a 10 feet pole...I just walked away from all my drafts being a 100% stock holder...again.    Never learned I guess..

We just need a coach who can convince Watson to check it down to DJ 5 times a game 

If you draft David Johnson prepare to be frustrated when you see D.Johnson Touchdown and it’s Duke. 

Posted Images

Texans activated RB David Johnson (concussion) from injured reserve.

This was expected after Johnson returned to practice this week. Johnson hasn't played since Week 9 but projects for a full workload in his first game back. The Texans figure to go more run heavy without Will Fuller after ranking near the bottom of the league in rushing. Johnson is an RB3 for a matchup with the Colts.

Dec 5, 2020, 12:15 PM ET

I really want to start him over Dobbins, are we worried about the Colts defense?

On 12/4/2020 at 1:25 PM, The G Man said:

One less mouth the feed if DJ comes back this week, and sounding like he is...

Texans RB C.J. Prosise (illness) has been ruled out for Week 13 against the Colts.

Prosise wasn't really taking any carries away from DJ when he was healthy, so it's kind of irrelevant imo.

Edited by rigadoog
9 hours ago, rigadoog said:

I really want to start him [...], are we worried about the Colts defense?

Prosise wasn't really taking any carries away from DJ when he was healthy, so it's kind of irrelevant imo.

Yeah, I don't even know if Prosise was on the active roster when DJ was, but he did get some PT the last couple of weeks. 

Point being, it should just be David & Duke again this week (and not a third back too). 

• Like 1

Man, hard to believe DJ sitting on WW's in some leagues (86% rostered according to my league). But yeah...if he's out there, grab him! 

I'm starting him as my RB2. Not a great match-up, I know, but he should get the bulk of the carries and is always a threat to score inside the 10 yard. 

Tough call this week.  On one hand, Chicago is tough to run on.  Not really a team you feel great starting RBs against.  On the other hand, Houston should eventually be up by a couple of scores and look to run the ball.

His passing usage this season is so sad. I've lost hope in Head Coaches being smarter than a lot of fantasy owners. lol Receiving is what he did best in Arizona by far. Maybe finally with so many guys out (even Cooks got really banged up last week and Duke Johnson being absolutely worthless), they finally throw the ball to him. My hopes are tempered. 😕

Edited by MrPositive
7 hours ago, BravesGuy said:

Sounds like he will be back for week 15. Yahoo expecting him to be back from COVID list.

Anyone else in a position where they have to start him if he plays this week?

[...]

Yes

I'm likely in this boat if RJII sits with the finger issue.  Solidarity, just get a TD and we're cool I guess? I've had him on this team since the rookie year.  Lets end it with one last..............simply ok performance that I won't hate you for, DJ. 

• Haha 1

May have to flex him this week, and not real excited about it. But, I guess volume trumps usage and scheme. 

David Johnson said he expects to be "fully in" this week against the Colts. 

He's in. Johnson missed Week 14 because he was a close contact of someone who had tested positive for COVID-19. He still lead the Texans in total opportunity (rushing attempts plus targets) and profiles as a high-end RB3 based on volume alone this week against the Colts. He gets enough pass game involvement to stay afloat in PPR formats. Duke Johnson fades back to fantasy irrelevance. 

RELATED: 
Dec 17, 2020, 4:11 PM ET
On 12/15/2020 at 9:38 PM, Gfycat said:

I have no choice but to start to him, which is meh. The Texans are a complete joke of a team right now and I suspect both Watson and DJ's production will plummet over these last few weeks with nothing to play for 

They get Cinci in week 16. That's the week to trust them... Not this week

It sounds like Duke may not play as well. If that's the case, you better have some pretty damn nice options to play over him. I mean it's not the greatest matchup but he could get 25 touches this game. lol Not to mention, it's the first time I've read that DJ seems excited about playing in a while.