affliction

David Johnson 2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, Evincar said:

No way is he top 15 let alone top 5. Youre basically hoping he is somehow rejuvenated going to a Bill O'Brien coached team. Im not taking that risk.

'No way he is too 15' essentially disqualifies you from a thoughtful conversation on DJ.

2 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

'No way he is too 15' essentially disqualifies you from a thoughtful conversation on DJ.

Why? He hasnt been good in 4 years. Thats a long time in fantasy football.

• Haha 1

Sold a 7th round pick for DJ. Decided to go all in on him. Low risk keeper who could potentially have 250 touches with 10 tds. Women have burned me repeatedly, so why not let me downing last time DJ.

Hyde's gone.  Gotta move David Johnson up the draft boards.

As a former DJ Truther, he looked legitimately bad last year. Lost a lot of speed/ quickness (possibly injury related?) and there’s multiple instances where he just chose the wrong hole to run through. The Texans offense retained Watson (for now) and is rb friendly outside of the OL, but I’m scared DJ has fizzled out 

4 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

As a former DJ Truther, he looked legitimately bad last year. Lost a lot of speed/ quickness (possibly injury related?) and there’s multiple instances where he just chose the wrong hole to run through. The Texans offense retained Watson (for now) and is rb friendly outside of the OL, but I’m scared DJ has fizzled out 

One big thing going for him is that he should have a long leash and get plenty of touches since O'Brien will look like even more of a fool for trading away D-Hop if DJ blows.  I'm not sold on the player, but I really love the situation.  For his current price I like his value, but I suspect his ADP will move up a bit as we get closer to the start of the season.

• Like 2

Duke Johnson going to end up a league winner 

3 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

Duke Johnson going to end up a league winner 

Haven’t been hearing that one for the last 3-4 years 🙄

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

14 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

cant rule it out...but injury was certainly a factor.   He never looked comfortable with the offense either.    

I’m willing to spend a fourth or fifth rounder on him.   He’ll get a good workload under O’Brien.    Hyde had 1000 in shared duty which is DJs floor barring major injury.   Perfect upside Rb3 on my roster.  

34 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

cant rule it out...but injury was certainly a factor.   He never looked comfortable with the offense either.    

I’m willing to spend a fourth or fifth rounder on him.   He’ll get a good workload under O’Brien.    Hyde had 1000 in shared duty which is DJs floor barring major injury.   Perfect upside Rb3 on my roster.  

I would be perfect having DJ as my RB2 or in my flex as long as he is healthy. He is going to go in the 30's come August, once everything settles down. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, smeeze said:

can't wait to draft him and drop him week 3 for the 4th yr in a row 

20 hours ago, Gohawks said:

everytime I watch that play I chuckle. 

On 5/9/2020 at 10:29 PM, Evincar said:

Why? He hasnt been good in 4 years. Thats a long time in fantasy football.

I mean, he was the 8th RB in 2018 on a **** cardinals team. Not quite 4 years ago.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Le'Veon Bell does this all the time and he's labeled as a 'patient runner.'  Okay, so he couldn't hit or find a hole this time, k.  People are putting too much on this single clip that keeps circulating.  

Edited by kdko
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

I mean, he was the 8th RB in 2018 on a **** cardinals team. Not quite 4 years ago.

Through sheer volume only. His efficiency dropped as both a runner and receiver.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

everytime I watch that play I chuckle. 

tenor.gif

8 hours ago, kdko said:

Le'Veon Bell does this all the time and he's labeled as a 'patient runner.'  Okay, so he couldn't hit or find a hole this time, k.  People are putting too much on this single clip that keeps circulating.  

DJ got injured early on in the season. Coaches took him out in week 7 against the Giants when he only managed 2 yds on 1 attempt.

He sat out week 8-9, then against Tampa he had 5 att for 2 yds total, one of which was this clip. Clearly he wasn't himself yet.

Week 11 he was in 8 snaps without a single touch, week 12 was a bye week, and from week 13 he started to produce a bit but I think he was still injured.

In any case, it's not "one clip". Clearly he had a huge problem for the majority of the season.

image.png.2e736d2c543c4fb3d0795828dc6d4066.png

The main question is: can he come back, or are his ankle and back now thoroughly thrased.?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

tenor.gif

DJ got injured early on in the season. Coaches took him out in week 7 against the Giants when he only managed 2 yds on 1 attempt.

He sat out week 8-9, then against Tampa he had 5 att for 2 yds total, one of which was this clip. Clearly he wasn't himself yet.

Week 11 he was in 8 snaps without a single touch, week 12 was a bye week, and from week 13 he started to produce a bit but I think he was still injured.

In any case, it's not "one clip". Clearly he had a huge problem for the majority of the season.

image.png.2e736d2c543c4fb3d0795828dc6d4066.png

The main question is: can he come back, or are his ankle and back now thoroughly thrased.?

The clip showed was a bad example unless the purpose was to show poor blocking.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

First off, that clip is overblown for sure and him waiting for a hole to open up isn't the problem. For me, the problem on the play is something more subtle and it's something I've noticed about him since he came back from his hand injury.

It's how he turns the corner. I mean, obviously there's 3 defenders there and he isn't going anywhere but he takes 3 mini steps jogs into the corner and gets swallowed up. Usually, that's where you change gears even if you know the play is dead. You explode with a cut into the defenders to try and get at least an extra yard or two.

DJ has been lacking that second gear and that burst ever since he came back from his injury. Go watch game tape of him and it's the same thing over and over. He just runs with no motivation, burst, decisiveness or anything like that. Going through the motions is the best way to explain it.

Who knows, maybe this changes on the Texans. Running for that god awful scheme a few years ago would do a number on anyone. 

Edited by Gohawks

Anyone who bases a projection on a single clip is unwise. Remember Ameer Abdullah in his first preseason.

3 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Anyone who bases a projection on a single clip is unwise. Remember Ameer Abdullah in his first preseason.

David Wilson comes to mind

On 5/22/2020 at 7:44 PM, smeeze said:

Devante parker owners finally got proven right when preston williams went down. David johnson bound to go down at some point in 2020 and when he does duke johnson goes bonkers. I think of duke johnson as this year miles sanders. He will be pretty worthless in sept but by oct he will have some nice games and by december he will help you win your league. 

On 5/22/2020 at 5:07 PM, Gohawks said:

i didnt know jeremy hill played for AZ last year.

On 5/23/2020 at 3:05 PM, kdko said:

I don’t think anybody is saying that about Bell anymore, he’s just as washed as DJ. It’s not 2016 anymore, these guys are toast.