Sign in to follow this  
jfazz23

2020 Bold Predictions

21 minutes ago, charger_ss24 said:

What in the world is your reasoning for this bold prediction?

I met him @ a Giants game in the tunnel last year... he was a complete A-Hole! Was beyond rude to a gal and her lil girl, and when another male fan told him to chill out, they almost went at it. As a braves fan I was taken aback! Very disappointed! 

Charlie Culberson actually apologized on his behalf after a security guy took Albies back to the clubhouse, said it was totally uncalled for, and signed/chatted everyone up to smooth things over. (It's BOLD PREDICTIONS, and I hope I'm wrong eternal... but dude's a serious prick and needs to mature in a big way! IMHO) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

I met him @ a Giants game in the tunnel last year... he was a complete A-Hole! Was beyond rude to a gal and her lil girl, and when another male fan told him to chill out, they almost went at it. As a braves fan I was taken aback! Very disappointed! 

Charlie Culberson actually apologized on his behalf after a security guy took Albies back to the clubhouse, said it was totally uncalled for, and signed/chatted everyone up to smooth things over. (It's BOLD PREDICTIONS, and I hope I'm wrong eternal... but dude's a serious prick and needs to mature in a big way! IMHO) 

I was wonder if you had some inside knowledge on his behavior. Sad to hear that.

The Rays come up with a way to get 60 guys on the active roster. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

That truly is bold, I can see a nice year but the 25 home runs would be miraculous 

I actually thought the bold parts were pushing Albies out of the 2 hole and getting the avg to .280. Before the heel injury last year on July 23rd(100 games) he was .265 17HR, 57RBI, 64 runs, and 7SB and had locked down the 2 hole in early May, so I'm basically hoping for a healthy season and natural progression for a 26 year old. I love that his start to the season is being largely forgotten, that and SS is just so deep. 

MLB comes up with an idea on how to save baseball in Tampa Bay. They create the first team that calls home two different cities and pair Tampa Bay with Montreal with each team getting 40 home games and flipping a coin for the 81st home game every season.

36 minutes ago, papaphunk said:

Bo Bichette (ADP #69) combination of HR / SB outperforms Manny Machado (ADP #54) 

1 minute ago, Gumbercules said:

Carlos Correa plays 145+ games and bats .285+, hits 35+ hrs with 200+ r/rbis and 1 SB

Neither of those are really bold. I would be surprised if either claim doesn't happen.

13 hours ago, LarryChip10 said:

Acuna NL MVP and solidifies #1 pick status for next 8 years...

Judge AL MVP... edging out Tyler Glasnow, barely.

Chris Paddack NL CY Young... Y. Darvish runner up, M. Soroka 3'rd

Tyler Glasnow AL CY Young... L. Severino runner up, F. Montas 3'rd

Ohtani gets 20 Wins/ Steals/ Hr's/ Girlfriends

Mackenzie Gore NL ROY, Forrest Whitley 2'nd

Luis Robert AL ROY in landslide, Nate Pearson takes distant 2'nd

Will Smith leads MLB in Saves

Ozzie Albies gets arrested for domestic abuse 😪

(Cheaters) Altuve < 10HR, Bregman & Springer <20 HR's... Altuve has a meltdown due to media pressure after early struggles and hits under .260 too boot! 

Marco Luciano becomes #1 prospect in baseball, and its not even close! 

Paddock only pitched 140.2 innings last year so I doubt he'll pitch more than 175 this year so the Cy Young is doubtful.

Isn't Whitley still with Houston? Did Whitley or Houston switch leagues? If you're predicting that Whitley will be traded to the NL and then be that good, well, THAT is bold.

Edited by dan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Low and Away said:

MLB comes up with an idea on how to save baseball in Tampa Bay. They create the first team that calls home two different cities and pair Tampa Bay with Montreal with each team getting 40 home games and flipping a coin for the 81st home game every season.

Could be/likely that I'm missing your joke, but...  didn't this pretty much happen already?  Then they pulled the plug.

20 minutes ago, OaksterDan said:

Could be/likely that I'm missing your joke, but...  didn't this pretty much happen already?  Then they pulled the plug.

The joke becomes that MLB found a way to get two new stadiums built using public funds. Also it is still being floated around to other team owners.

• Like 1

I will be watching Dylan Bundy this spring. Age 27 season, a few years removed from TJ, no longer in the AL East, I could see a sneaky Top 40 SP that will be free come draft time.

After the all star break, the Red Sox go full-on Marlins and package Sale (paying half his salary for the entirety of the remainder of his contract-their faves way to spend money) and JD Martinez for more non-blue-chip prospects in the next salary dump, to a team that actually wants to win this year: The Chicago White Sox.

• Haha 1

On 2/8/2020 at 10:05 PM, jfazz23 said:

love the matt olson call.  im very high on him as well.  but i think trout will have to miss substantial time for him to win MVP.

For any of my 5 BOLD predictions to come true a lot of things have to happen right.

Jose Ramirez finishes as the #1 batter in fantasy on the back of a .280 100+/40/100+/30 season

Luis Castillo earns CY Young and leads the MLB in K’s and ERA. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Jose Ramirez finishes as the #1 batter in fantasy on the back of a .280 100+/40/100+/30 season

Luis Castillo earns CY Young and leads the MLB in K’s and ERA. 

I could see that happening 

• Thanks 1

Christian Walker (1B - ARI) finishes as the #3 first baseman in standard 5x5 fantasy behind Bellinger/Freeman.  He does so by cutting his K% and going .280 - 35 - 130 - 100.

On a related note, Ketel Marte becomes the top 2B in fantasy in all formats.  He shows no weaknesses and puts up a line of .300 - 30 - 100 - 110 - 15.

In spite of these two amazing performances and Marte/Escobar/Peralta being very solid, the D-Backs fail to make the playoffs as their bullpen implodes and starters can't seem to string enough quality outings together to generate momentum. 

• Haha 1

Oh, and Joey Votto punches father time right in his wrinkly old face and goes .300 - 25 - 90 - 110 - 5, leading the Reds to the playoffs with his performance and everlasting charm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/10/2020 at 10:40 AM, Gumbercules said:

Carlos Correa plays 145+ games and bats .285+, hits 35+ hrs with 200+ r/rbis and 1 SB

whoa now.  You actually think he gets a stolen base ?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Well, this thread is about bold predictions! He’s also calling for him to play 145+ games.😂

12 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

The stolen base accounts for my other bold prediction: Jon Lester will get traded to the rangers and on June 11th at 8:48 CDT, with lester pitching, altuve at second and correa at first.  They will attempt a double steal, which will succeed because correa started half way to second base 

• Haha 3

With our country being such a fine tuned machine and our elected politicians have nothing better to do, US Congress gets involved in the sign stealing scandal. And get this..... there will be witnesses called. 

• Like 3