Sign in to follow this  
jfazz23

2020 Bold Predictions

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, tucker26 said:

32 year old Buster Posey bats .300 and hits 20-25 HRs.

I'm buying Buster this year for sure and .300 is doable but dude has hit 7, 5, 12, 14, and 19 HR, over the past 5 seasons beginning last year.  He has only hit more than 20 HRs twice in 9 seasons.  Love the boldness of this call.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Astros will struggle in Oakland as their drumming fans end up sending mixed signals to Astros hitters making them unsure on which pitches to swing at. 

Keston Hiura and Gavin Lux finish top 5 at 2B.

Sano hits 45 bombs and finishes top 5 at 1B.

Devers finishes out of the top 10 at 3B (hope I'm wrong cuz I own him on just about every team)

Mondesi stays healthy and finishes the year as the best SS going 20+ HR and 70+ SB.

Tommy Pham becomes waiver wire fodder in San Diego

Willie Calhoun finishes as a top 5 CF

Luis Robert struggles to have fantasy relevance in his rookie year.

Bryce Harper finishes outside of the top 10 RF

Tyler Glasnow wins the AL Cy Young

Sonny Gray is the best Reds pitcher and puts in a Cy Young worthy season.

Gallegos is the NL's best closer at season's end.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg Bird has a spring training OPS > 1.100, wins the Rangers first base job, ends up on several of my teams, and has a season ending injury before the end of April.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, meh2 said:

Greg Bird has a spring training OPS > 1.100, wins the Rangers first base job, ends up on several of my teams, and has a season ending injury before the end of April.

 

This is bold predictions not 100% definitely going to happen predictions.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if Taobball is going to give his top 200 this year? I haven't seen him post in a while and I know he was writing for different outlets as of last season. I always look forward to his predictions - bold or otherwise. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Rockies' Joe Black realizing young talented players need more starting jobs than has been's veterans by starting Hampson/Hilliard over Desmond with Hampson playing all over the field and steal 70+ bases.

2) Acuna reach the almost impossible 50/50 in 2020 and win the NL MVP

3) Arenado gets traded before season starts and have a great year in which made all critics who said he can't hit outside of Coors eat crow  

4) RadioShack and Waste Management became the official sponsor of Houston Astros 

5) Braves realizing their stadiums names of Truist Park and Cool Today Park are so tough on fans that they decided to rename them to Hank Aaron Field, Powered by Truist and Koolaids Field of Dreams

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corey Seager hits .285 with 28 bombs.

Jeff McNeil hits .305 with 27 bombs.

Eloy Jimenez hits .275 with 38 bombs.

Freddie Freeman hits .292 with 37 bombs.

David Dahl hits .298 with 24 bombs and then gets a high ankle sprain and is out for the remaining season.

Max Kepler hits .269 with 31 bombs.

Jo Adell gets called up and has a 38% K rate.

My team gets nipped at the wire and finishes in 2nd place...

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2020 at 3:46 PM, meh2 said:

1. Matt Olson outproduces Pete Alonso. Not bold enough? How about Edwin Encarnación outproduces Pete Alonso.

2. Frankie Montas and Zac Gallen have better years than Chris Sale and Luis Severino.

3. Corey Seager finishes as a top 50 player.

4. Teoscar Hernandez finishes as a top 30 outfielder.

5. Yu Darvish finishes top 3 in Cy Young voting.

6. Aaron Civale and Kevin Gausman finish as top 40 SPs.

7. Blake Treinen replaces Kenley as closer by June.

8. Mark Canha finishes as a top 20 outfielder.

#2, #8, #5, #6 are as likely as the Astros not cheating in 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AF25 said:

1) Rockies' Joe Black realizing young talented players need more starting jobs than has been's veterans by starting Hampson/Hilliard over Desmond with Hampson playing all over the field and steal 70+ bases.

2) Acuna reach the almost impossible 50/50 in 2020 and win the NL MVP

3) Arenado gets traded before season starts and have a great year in which made all critics who said he can't hit outside of Coors eat crow  

4) RadioShack and Waste Management became the official sponsor of Houston Astros 

5) Braves realizing their stadiums names of Truist Park and Cool Today Park are so tough on fans that they decided to rename them to Hank Aaron Field, Powered by Truist and Koolaids Field of Dreams

 

Only way number one happens is if Joe Black is an actual person and takes over the Rockies.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Twins, Astros and the A’s all miss the playoffs.

 

2. Rendon is not even the 10’th best 3B in fantasy.

 

3. Trout is no longer a top 5 fantasy option.

 

4. Sale and Severino have better seasons than Flaherty and Verlander.

 

5. Stanton is actually healthy and is in the AL MVP discussion.

 

6. Luis Robert disappoints in his first season, Dylan Carlson on the other hand carries St. Louis.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bold predicted is no matter what Vegas sets the over/under at for number of times Astros players  are hit by pitches, it won't be high enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 11:49 AM, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

With our country being such a fine tuned machine and our elected politicians have nothing better to do, US Congress gets involved in the sign stealing scandal. And get this..... there will be witnesses called. 

 

In the House where they're supposed to be called?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BCMarch10 said:

Corey Seager hits .285 with 28 bombs.

Jeff McNeil hits .305 with 27 bombs.

Eloy Jimenez hits .275 with 38 bombs.

Freddie Freeman hits .292 with 37 bombs.

David Dahl hits .298 with 24 bombs and then gets a high ankle sprain and is out for the remaining season.

Max Kepler hits .269 with 31 bombs.

Jo Adell gets called up and has a 38% K rate.

My team gets nipped at the wire and finishes in 2nd place...

 

I'm sorry but I hate anyone's take that involves predicting/wishing/assuming a future injury on a player. Talking statistics and production is one thing, but it is in bad taste to predict an injury on a person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 11:49 AM, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

With our country being such a fine tuned machine and our elected politicians have nothing better to do, US Congress gets involved in the sign stealing scandal. And get this..... there will be witnesses called. 

 

If it wasn't for sports gambling, Washington wouldn't care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

1. Twins, Astros and the A’s all miss the playoffs.

 

2. Rendon is not even the 10’th best 3B in fantasy.

 

3. Trout is no longer a top 5 fantasy option.

 

4. Sale and Severino have better seasons than Flaherty and Verlander.

 

5. Stanton is actually healthy and is in the AL MVP discussion.

 

6. Luis Robert disappoints in his first season, Dylan Carlson on the other hand carries St. Louis.

 

Not sure how 1, 2, 3 link up.  You think A’s, Astros miss playoffs which would mean you think the Angels won the division?  But then you think Trout and Rendon won’t have as good of seasons.  What’s the logic behind that?  Angels rotation eats a** so they’ll be pretty much Trout and Rendon driven this year.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

I'm sorry but I hate anyone's take that involves predicting/wishing/assuming a future injury on a player. Talking statistics and production is one thing, but it is in bad taste to predict an injury on a person.

It's not like predicting an injury has any effect whatsoever

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Not sure how 1, 2, 3 link up.  You think A’s, Astros miss playoffs which would mean you think the Angels won the division?  But then you think Trout and Rendon won’t have as good of seasons.  What’s the logic behind that?  Angels rotation eats a** so they’ll be pretty much Trout and Rendon driven this year.

 

He must think the Rangers are going HAM, yet no prediction who will breakout. 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Not sure how 1, 2, 3 link up.  You think A’s, Astros miss playoffs which would mean you think the Angels won the division?  But then you think Trout and Rendon won’t have as good of seasons.  What’s the logic behind that?  Angels rotation eats a** so they’ll be pretty much Trout and Rendon driven this year.

Cleary he must think the M's taking home the crown.

Edited by Slatykamora
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

Cleary he must think the M's taking home the crown.

Sounds like a good time for some more bold predictions.....

 

Kyle Seager hits under .220, Mariners can’t eat whole contract and give him away for a used Trojan.

Dee Gordon plays 140 games and has under 30 SBs.  He also has under a .600 ops.  
 

Mallex Smith spends a few weeks on IL after his 20 pound ice chain smacks him in the eyes chasing a fly ball that he misses off his glove 🧤 for a HR

Marco Gonzales leads MLB in hits allowed 

Matt Magill blows 7 saves before Memorial Day and is DFAed 

Evan White is a huge bust and has under a .700 op.

JP patches proves hitting at the major league level is too much for him.  He hits under .215 with under a .630 OPS

Mariners team OPS is under .675.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

 

 

2. Rendon is not even the 10’th best 3B in fantasy.

YES

 

 

 

5. Stanton is actually healthy and is in the AL MVP discussion.

HOMER

MIAMI MIKE

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Sounds like a good time for some more bold predictions.....

 

Kyle Seager hits under .220, Mariners can’t eat whole contract and give him away for a used Trojan.

Dee Gordon plays 140 games and has under 30 SBs.  He also has under a .600 ops.  
 

Mallex Smith spends a few weeks on IL after his 20 pound ice chain smacks him in the eyes chasing a fly ball that he misses off his glove 🧤 for a HR

Marco Gonzales leads MLB in hits allowed 

Matt Magill blows 7 saves before Memorial Day and is DFAed 

Evan White is a huge bust and has under a .700 op.

JP patches proves hitting at the major league level is too much for him.  He hits under .215 with under a .630 OPS

Mariners team OPS is under .675.

 

So you’re saying your glass isn’t half empty. It’s flat out empty.😂

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

I'm sorry but I hate anyone's take that involves predicting/wishing/assuming a future injury on a player. Talking statistics and production is one thing, but it is in bad taste to predict an injury on a person.

Dude, it was just some baseball humor based on Dahl's history. It wasn't meant to be inflammatory. I've got Dahl in my keeper league and my only disappointment has been his injuries. I think he's got a lot of talent and I hope he plays the whole season, but he hasn't done that in any MLB season yet. Last year he had his most plate appearances with 413. Just a simple fact. It's not like I said he was going to get beaned in the head and have to go to the hospital. Chill out. Geez, ankle sprain...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.