Ohtani wins AL MVP

Bryce Harper is NL MVP (hits 45+HR)

Blake Treinan ends up leading Dodgers in saves

David Dahl plays 150 games

Andrew McCutchen tops 130 runs scored

Kyle Tucker puts up season to land himself as top 25 pick in 2021

Brandon Belt has the out of nowhere 30HR season for 2020

On 2/17/2020 at 10:24 AM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Anyone know if Taobball is going to give his top 200 this year? I haven't seen him post in a while and I know he was writing for different outlets as of last season. I always look forward to his predictions - bold or otherwise. 

Do you happen to remember which websites he was writing for?

Vlad hits 40HR .290 and even chips in 7 steals, rising to the stardom that his pedigree projects to.

16 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

@Cmilne23 will say something positive about the Mariners. 

Hes too busy looking at his Jerry DiPoto bobblehead 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HOOTIE said:

Hes too busy looking at his Jerry DiPoto bobblehead 

I already took my shotgun and blasted that s*** into space!

• Haha 4

On 2/19/2020 at 2:38 PM, Cmilne23 said:

Not sure how 1, 2, 3 link up.  You think A’s, Astros miss playoffs which would mean you think the Angels won the division?  But then you think Trout and Rendon won’t have as good of seasons.  What’s the logic behind that?  Angels rotation eats a** so they’ll be pretty much Trout and Rendon driven this year.

No, the Rangers might. It’s a bold prediction not necessarily what I expect but suppose Kluber bounces back, Calhoun gets better, Gallo stays healthy, Odor has a strong year... in the meantime Oakland’s rotation doesn’t deliver and the Astros fall apart due to all the issues and Verlander and Greinke decline.

Trout isn’t really stealing as much. If he steals even less, then is he as valuable as Acuna, Yelich, Lindor, Betts and Jose Ramirez if he bounces back? I’m talking about his fantasy value not real life value.

Rendon had a fluke contract year, he goes back to being his old self this season. Devers, Ramirez, Bregman, Arenado are already easily better. Moncada and Vlad could take steps forward, Bryant could have a better year, McNeil could have a better year, Machado might improve in his second season in San Diego, Donaldson might have one more big year in him, Chapman could have a better year.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

No, the Rangers might. It’s a bold prediction not necessarily what I expect but suppose Kluber bounces back, Calhoun gets better, Gallo stays healthy, Odor has a strong year... in the meantime Oakland’s rotation doesn’t deliver and the Astros fall apart due to all the issues and Verlander and Greinke decline.

Trout isn’t really stealing as much. If he steals even less, then is he as valuable as Acuna, Yelich, Lindor, Betts and Jose Ramirez if he bounces back? I’m talking about his fantasy value not real life value.

Rendon had a fluke contract year, he goes back to being his old self this season. Devers, Ramirez, Bregman, Arenado are already easily better. Moncada and Vlad could take steps forward, Bryant could have a better year, McNeil could have a better year, Machado might improve in his second season in San Diego, Donaldson might have one more big year in him, Chapman could have a better year.. 

With what rotation...? Rotoworld has the projected rotation as of right now to be

Kluber, Minor, Lynn, Gibson, Lyles.

I see ALOT that would have to happen for the Rangers to take the divison. ALOT of chips will have to fall right. Not saying its not possible, but boy thats bold.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 6:15 PM, Cmilne23 said:

Sounds like a good time for some more bold predictions.....

Kyle Seager hits under .220, Mariners can’t eat whole contract and give him away for a used Trojan.

Dee Gordon plays 140 games and has under 30 SBs.  He also has under a .600 ops.  

Mallex Smith spends a few weeks on IL after his 20 pound ice chain smacks him in the eyes chasing a fly ball that he misses off his glove 🧤 for a HR

Marco Gonzales leads MLB in hits allowed 

Matt Magill blows 7 saves before Memorial Day and is DFAed 

Evan White is a huge bust and has under a .700 op.

JP patches proves hitting at the major league level is too much for him.  He hits under .215 with under a .630 OPS

Mariners team OPS is under .675.

Ian Kennedy?

• Haha 1

Lucas Giolito wins the AL Cy Young.Madrigal wins AL ROY

Rays win the AL East. Boston finishes 4th behind Toronto

Nationals miss the playoffs

Blake Treinen overtakes a declining Jansen and leads the NL in saves

Reds win the NL Central and are the only division with no 90 win teams

Padres host the Dbacks in the NL wildcard game. Mackenzie Gore wins NL ROY

• Like 3

Reds represent the NL in the World Series. Love their starting rotation, their lineup is formidable with the additions of Moustakas and Castellanos and their bullpen is very solid. One of the more complete teams in baseball.

Mariners break the 1962 Mets modern day record of 120 losses by going 37-125 and shattering it.

• Haha 3

Pirates and Mariners meet in the World Series.  After 6 games it's all tied up at 3 games apiece.

Both teams are so desperate for a World Series Championship that they agree to a tie for the deciding Game 7 and are declared Co-Champions for 2020.

After much deliberation they agree that the WS Trophy will permanently reside in Chicago so that both teams can bask in it's glory when coming into town to play the Cubs and/or White Sox.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Mariners break the 1962 Mets modern day record of 120 losses by going 37-125 and shattering it.

Wonder how many other teams hold the record for most wins and most losses in a season.

On 2/21/2020 at 5:10 AM, MSkibisky said:

With what rotation...? Rotoworld has the projected rotation as of right now to be

Kluber, Minor, Lynn, Gibson, Lyles.

I see ALOT that would have to happen for the Rangers to take the divison. ALOT of chips will have to fall right. Not saying its not possible, but boy thats bold.

Well I mean Lynn as a 3 is pretty good for any team.  Drastically underrated for the stats he put up last season.

• Like 1

Here are mine:

Betts is outside the top 15, possibly even top 20 in fantasy as he's now hitting behind the pitcher (most likely)

Indians trade Lindor to the Reds at the deadline for a package centering around Senzel and Aquino

Mariners have the best record in baseball at the end of April, but end up with the worst record in the sport at the end of the season, completely collapsing

Reds make the NL championship game but lose in 6 to the Dodgers

Suarez leads the MLB in HRs and RBIs

Trout misses half the season and still finishes in the top 100 overall

Wander Franco gets the call late August/early September and stays up to start next year

Marco Luciano is the mid-season 2nd ranked prospect behind Franco

Lourdes Gurriel hits more HRs than his older brother

Yankees fall apart because of injury and end up finishing 3rd in the East

24 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

I still love Gausman this year. .344 BABIP coupled with a 61% LOB% largely point to a streak of bad luck.  FIP being 3.98 also supports that.  

Over 900+ mlb innings the guy has a 4.30 and a 1.34 whip.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, cs3 said:

Bad pitchers usually can’t even put up one full season of a 3.61 era in the AL East. He has the ability. Changes of scenery have done wonders before. Wonder if he will pitch better or worse now that he has SF as a home park?

23 hours ago, cs3 said:

"Everyone sucks until they don't and everyone is good until they aren't"

-Brockpapersizer 2/23/20

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

A member of the Giants will hit 30 home runs for the first time in 16 seasons. 

Edited by 2ndCitySox

1 minute ago, 2ndCitySox said:

A member of the Giants will hit 30 home runs for the first time in 16 seasons. 

Bonus points if you can guess who without looking. Like serious bonus points. Hint: Not Bonds.

I’ll guess either Longoria or Yaz.