Sign in to follow this  
jfazz23

2020 Bold Predictions

Starlin Castro finishes as a top 5 3b man as he continues his 2nd half success batting in the middle of the nationals lineup , batting over 300 with 30 + homers and over 100 RBIs and runs.

36 minutes ago, Brye said:

Starlin Castro finishes as a top 5 3b man as he continues his 2nd half success batting in the middle of the nationals lineup , batting over 300 with 30 + homers and over 100 RBIs and runs.

This would need to be a 50+ HR & 150+ RBI pace given the current outlook on season length. Both of those extrapolated numbers would be double his career best. 

I’d definitely call those bold predictions. 

39 minutes ago, AngryBeavers said:

My Bold Prediction is that the 1st MLB game is played July 4th and the season is 81 games. 

Not bold, this has been suggested in published articles on MSN, CBS, Bleacher Nation, & Yahoo. 

1 hour ago, tsh00k said:

This would need to be a 50+ HR & 150+ RBI pace given the current outlook on season length. Both of those extrapolated numbers would be double his career best. 

I’d definitely call those bold predictions. 

After the all star break last year he had an entire new batting stance/approach and with that he changed his  launch 🚀  angle , pretty  good article on him, I’m def a believer , you should check it out 

https://www.pitcherlist.com/why-starlin-castro-deserves-your-attention/

18 hours ago, meh2 said:

Chris Sale’s TJS was unexpected? Taken from the Chris Sale thread on 2/16 someone posted:

Ending the season shut down, visiting Dr. Andrews, and getting PRP injections are most definitely red flags for me. I now am concerned about the possibility of recurring issues with the elbow and the worse case scenario of TJ surgery in his future. 

Luis Severino having arm problems this year was unexpected? And it took a pandemic to potentially save your Stanton prediction so you’re not going to take an L on that? You really are never wrong, are you? Most people would’ve been like “yeah, I crapped the bed on those two predictions”, but hey, you do you.

Actually most people wouldn’t dig up old posts and then attempt to rub them in, that’s what’s weird. It’s not that serious buddy. Did I say I’m never wrong? I know I got it wrong, but you’re making it a big deal for some reason.

I read the Sale thread, and the guy who said that had a good point, but I also don’t know if he’s an actual doctor while at the same time the Red Sox said he didn’t need TJS. When he ended up getting it, the Boston media was pretty pissed because reporters didn’t even know he was getting it in advance. Severino recovered and was supposed to be fine this season, just on an innings limit. Not sure who expected him to get TJS. 

As far as Stanton goes, lol it’s a “bold prediction” thread not “post your expectations” thread. Yeah if it wasn’t for the corona situation, he would’ve started the season on the IL, but now he likely won’t. I suspect you’re the only one here who cares what prediction I got right and which I got wrong as even I don’t care.

23 hours ago, tsh00k said:

Not bold, this has been suggested in published articles on MSN, CBS, Bleacher Nation, & Yahoo. 

but no one really know what is going to happen - it is a nice idea but I genuinely wonder if there will be baseball at all in 2020

11 minutes ago, charger_ss24 said:

A 2021 Bold Prediction thread will be started in August.

July

• Haha 1

#1) Adam Civale, Cleveland SP, is a top 20 pitcher, mimicking Bieber, Clevinger and Kluber.

#2) Aaron Nola wins 2020 Cy Young in the NL

#3) Ryan McMahon, builds on his second half 2019 and is now mentioned in the same sentence as Arenado, Story and Blackmon.

#4) Aaron Bummer, Chisox RP, takes over for “ One from Colume, One from Column B”, and leads AL in saves.

#5) Kyang Yum Kim, StL, SP, wins NL ROY

#6) Corbin Burnes is Milwaukee’s best pitcher, notwithstanding Josh Hader.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chucky said:

#1) Adam Civale, Cleveland SP, is a top 20 pitcher, mimicking Bieber, Clevinger and Kluber.

#3) Ryan McMahon, builds on his second half 2019 and is now mentioned in the same sentence as Arenado, Story and Blackmon.

#4) Aaron Bummer, Chisox RP, takes over for “ One from Colume, One from Column B”, and leads AL in saves.

I actually dont think any of your 6 predictions are that far off, to be honest.

Civale can definitely be top 20. I see Bummer taking over from Colome at some point (i just traded Colome with this belief as well, lol)

Good list.

14 hours ago, dfstout said:

Luis Robert...2020...ROY...2020...MVP...

still hitless...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, chucky said:

#2 and #4 are two things I hope for this season. 

1.) Clayton Kershaw wins his 4th Cy Young award.

2.) Nolan Arenado shocks everyone by signing a long term extension with Colorado after a surprisingly feisty battle with LA for the West.

3.) We play 81 games of baseball beginning on July 4th.

4.) Jeff McNeil hits over .400.  No one counts it but with an asterisk, but still.

18 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

2.) Nolan Arenado shocks everyone by signing a long term extension with Colorado after a surprisingly feisty battle with LA for the West.

that WOULD shock everyone considering he signed an 8 year deal last February.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, axiom20XX said:

image.jpeg.68661025d933b6d7d26c0f5c2d7e10ab.jpeg

Ok, just says he's happy there.

24 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

4.) Jeff McNeil hits over .400.  No one counts it but with an asterisk, but still.

6 minutes ago, axiom20XX said:

#1 has as much chance of happening as the Orioles winning the WS this year.

#2 😂😂

#3 Not really a bold prediction, it’s what MLB currently expects according to reports.

On 4/2/2020 at 1:47 AM, Thenewwildone8 said:

Actually most people wouldn’t dig up old posts and then attempt to rub them in, that’s what’s weird.

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

McNeil’s a great hitter but it’s pretty clear he made a conscious decision in the second half to sacrifice BA for some power. He could win a batting title with 15 HR but he will likely choose a compromise to go something like 28HR and .305

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

It's no secret, Arenado plans to opt out in 2 years.

20 hours ago, tucker26 said:

still hitless...

Stay hatin...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, charger_ss24 said:

So is every other player.

I see you are picking up what I am laying down and smelling what I am stepping in.