Sign in to follow this  
hornrimmed_rambis

Bruno Caboclo 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Did you know Bruno Caboclo's arms extend to his knees, when is standing straight up?

Seriously, if he gets 20 minutes in Houston, anything is possible. Perfect fit for D'Antoni as a rim runner and rim protector. He's at least got some intrigue.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how serious is his injury?

 

lol sorry for the same question at the same time

 

Edited by t0087669

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are going to laugh, because Caboclo was famously called "two years away from being two years away" when he was drafted. Six years ago. 

Well, go ahead. I'm going to make the case here anyway. 

In the 2015 season, 21 year old, 6'10" Capela went: 7 points 6.6 rebs, .8 blks. He has a 7'5" wingspan. This was the year before Mike D'Antoni joined the Rockets as coach.

In splits as a starter to-date, 24-year old 6'9" Caboclo has gone: 9 points 5.5 rebs, .8 blks. He has a 7'7" wingspan

D'Antoni is a revolutionary coach, one of the most game-changing coaches ever. He was way ahead, first with the Suns, and now with the Rockets. D'Antoni can make Chris Duhon a top 60 ranked player. He can make average players into fantasy beasts. It's been reported he has wanted Caboclo since the start of the season.

So what can Caboclo do if given minutes as the C? In 23 minutes that first year with D'Antoni, Capela did 12.6 points, 8.1 rebs, and 1.2 blks. The idea that Capela is a big-time NBA player is entirely a manifestation of D'Antoni's greatness. 

I think Caboclo is the perfect IL stash to see what happens. He is the perfect giant-handed, rim-running rim protector for D'Antoni's system. He will be back in 2-3 weeks. He could be a complete bust, of course. Or a hidden little gem, and potential lotto ticket.

 
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruno Caboclo (left knee) is not on the injury report for Thursday against the Warriors.

He was expected to miss 4-6 weeks back on Jan. 17, so coming off the injury report here is right on time. The Rockets seem to be set with their small-ball center lineups, so Bruno would likely need something to happen to find a role. He's an interesting fit, so he's just someone to keep an eye on in very deep leagues.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shiftysaj said:

Bruno Caboclo (left knee) is not on the injury report for Thursday against the Warriors.

He was expected to miss 4-6 weeks back on Jan. 17, so coming off the injury report here is right on time. The Rockets seem to be set with their small-ball center lineups, so Bruno would likely need something to happen to find a role. He's an interesting fit, so he's just someone to keep an eye on in very deep leagues.

 

 

I'm gonna be watching these rockets games closely to see his role if he even plays, My guy is literally a Giannis that can shoot threes 🤣, loved watching him on Memphis last year during the fantasy finals in my league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God I hope he plays - on paper, he is so perfect for that team. Really really really hoping he breaks out. The litmus test is Saturday vs the Jazz. If he can get mins there, that could be his opportunity to showcase. I believe in this guy so much. He's switchable on defense and can shoot the three ball easy. It just all comes down to minutes and him delivering.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chickennuggets said:

God I hope he plays - on paper, he is so perfect for that team. Really really really hoping he breaks out. The litmus test is Saturday vs the Jazz. If he can get mins there, that could be his opportunity to showcase. I believe in this guy so much. He's switchable on defense and can shoot the three ball easy. It just all comes down to minutes and him delivering.

 

Same here. Bruno and Wood helped me win the chip last year in a super competitive league, and him being on the Rockets is amazing for his potential fantasy value especially in dynasty. If Houston sticks with this super small ball scheme for the next few years (and Tucker is turning 35 this year), Bruno as their C is gonna fill the box score every night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He gets 25 minutes, even if off the bench, I'm adding in all leagues.

Tools. Opportunity. System.

Fantasy gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2020 at 6:21 PM, hornrimmed_rambis said:

You guys are going to laugh, because Caboclo was famously called "two years away from being two years away" when he was drafted. Six years ago. 

Well, go ahead. I'm going to make the case here anyway. 

In the 2015 season, 21 year old, 6'10" Capela went: 7 points 6.6 rebs, .8 blks. He has a 7'5" wingspan. This was the year before Mike D'Antoni joined the Rockets as coach.

In splits as a starter to-date, 24-year old 6'9" Caboclo has gone: 9 points 5.5 rebs, .8 blks. He has a 7'7" wingspan

D'Antoni is a revolutionary coach, one of the most game-changing coaches ever. He was way ahead, first with the Suns, and now with the Rockets. D'Antoni can make Chris Duhon a top 60 ranked player. He can make average players into fantasy beasts. It's been reported he has wanted Caboclo since the start of the season.

So what can Caboclo do if given minutes as the C? In 23 minutes that first year with D'Antoni, Capela did 12.6 points, 8.1 rebs, and 1.2 blks. The idea that Capela is a big-time NBA player is entirely a manifestation of D'Antoni's greatness. 

I think Caboclo is the perfect IL stash to see what happens. He is the perfect giant-handed, rim-running rim protector for D'Antoni's system. He will be back in 2-3 weeks. He could be a complete bust, of course. Or a hidden little gem, and potential lotto ticket.

 


You had me at...Chris Duhon. 
 

All aboardddddddd

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 1:21 PM, hornrimmed_rambis said:

You guys are going to laugh, because Caboclo was famously called "two years away from being two years away" when he was drafted. Six years ago. 

Well, go ahead. I'm going to make the case here anyway. 

In the 2015 season, 21 year old, 6'10" Capela went: 7 points 6.6 rebs, .8 blks. He has a 7'5" wingspan. This was the year before Mike D'Antoni joined the Rockets as coach.

In splits as a starter to-date, 24-year old 6'9" Caboclo has gone: 9 points 5.5 rebs, .8 blks. He has a 7'7" wingspan

D'Antoni is a revolutionary coach, one of the most game-changing coaches ever. He was way ahead, first with the Suns, and now with the Rockets. D'Antoni can make Chris Duhon a top 60 ranked player. He can make average players into fantasy beasts. It's been reported he has wanted Caboclo since the start of the season.

So what can Caboclo do if given minutes as the C? In 23 minutes that first year with D'Antoni, Capela did 12.6 points, 8.1 rebs, and 1.2 blks. The idea that Capela is a big-time NBA player is entirely a manifestation of D'Antoni's greatness. 

I think Caboclo is the perfect IL stash to see what happens. He is the perfect giant-handed, rim-running rim protector for D'Antoni's system. He will be back in 2-3 weeks. He could be a complete bust, of course. Or a hidden little gem, and potential lotto ticket.

 

So I should hold him no matter what in dynasty, could he have a similar upside to JJJ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, I want to temper expectations a bit. I made that post on Feb 6.

Since then, the Rockets have been pure smallball. I watched the Rockets vs. Lakers, and my head exploded. They can run without a C, pushing RoCo or Tucker up, and it works. I previously thought they at least had some pick/roll left in their offense. But if they are finding success going full loco, then it means Caboclo might get only backup minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Guys, I want to temper expectations a bit. I made that post on Feb 6.

Since then, the Rockets have been pure smallball. I watched the Rockets vs. Lakers, and my head exploded. They can run without a C, pushing RoCo or Tucker up, and it works. I previously thought they at least had some pick/roll left in their offense. But if they are finding success going full loco, then it means Caboclo might get only backup minutes.

Yes - that's my worry too. It's completely up in the air honestly. Wait and see situation in most leagues. I had an open IR spot so I nabbed him in what can only be characterized as the yoloest of yolo moves - low risk so if he busts, no harm done. And if he does well...🍆

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Guys, I want to temper expectations a bit. I made that post on Feb 6.

Since then, the Rockets have been pure smallball. I watched the Rockets vs. Lakers, and my head exploded. They can run without a C, pushing RoCo or Tucker up, and it works. I previously thought they at least had some pick/roll left in their offense. But if they are finding success going full loco, then it means Caboclo might get only backup minutes.


I watched the Hou/Dal game and Harden was playing C and guarding Porz almost exclusively. It was funny and weird at the same time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed watching Bruno play when he got some extended run with the Grizz. I think he'd be a perfect fit at the 5 with these Rockets.

Whether D'Antoni opts to go that route however, is up in the air. I'll be paying close attention to the Warriors game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff Green and DeMarre Carroll in 2020 got off the bench and he didn't. Hi-la-rious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.