Gile Pile

Best pickups after 2020 trade deadline

Fantasy wise, who are the winners (must adds) and losers (droppable or significantly lower value)?

I think new  Wolves    Beasley and Hernangomez are big winners.

Remaining bigs in Detroit too  (Wood everwhere,  Sekou, Morris in most leagues, Maker, Henson in very deeper leagues)

Everyone on  Sixers bench  lost  almost all value.

Marcus Morris   also lost quite a bit. 

Thoughts?

Winners:

Wood

Malik Beasley

Melton

Juancho

Paschall (limited quality, low ceiling)

Chriss (maybe)

Cabloco (why not?)

KAT (no shutdown)

RoCo (better fit, more efficiency, more boards)

Losers:

GR3

Burks

Tristan Thompson

Wood is the clear winner. Feel most people on this forum already know that though.

Melton is #2 for me. It is not as much that he has had THAT much opportunity opened up for him but he was a guy who already was doing so much with 18-20 minutes that even an increase to 25 mins for him is one of the biggest incremental shifts out of most of the waiver guys.

Beasley/D.Lee are the next wave of guys for me. Both will have opportunity but I have some reservations on both. D. Lee was already getting heavy minutes in the lead up to deadline so not like we see much of an improvement there and Beasley's fantasy game is limited more or less to PTS/3PTs.

Juancho is a wildcard that could be a big boost but it is also riskier as you are not sure how much time he will get as compared to JJ at this time. 

Ky Bowman

The only PG on Golden State’s roster until Steph comes back, if Steph even comes back.

4 minutes ago, 9703 said:

Ky Bowman

The only PG on Golden State’s roster until Steph comes back, if Steph even comes back.

What’s his contract situation? He is still in the g league isn’t he? How soon can he okay assume they convert him?

19 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Winners:

Wood

Malik Beasley

Melton

Juancho

Paschall (limited quality, low ceiling)

Chriss (maybe)

Cabloco (why not?)

KAT (no shutdown)

RoCo (better fit, more efficiency, more boards)

Losers:

GR3

Burks

Tristan Thompson

Have to add LNj to that Losers list 100%. Love, Drummond. He is DEAD!!

22 minutes ago, deathrazor said:

Is Wood must add in 8teams? Dropping Horford

I'd def do that 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, deathrazor said:

Is Wood must add in 8teams? Dropping Horford

I dropped Favors for him in my 8T. Not sure about dropping Horford.

33 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

Wood is the clear winner. Feel most people on this forum already know that though.

Melton is #2 for me. It is not as much that he has had THAT much opportunity opened up for him but he was a guy who already was doing so much with 18-20 minutes that even an increase to 25 mins for him is one of the biggest incremental shifts out of most of the waiver guys.

Beasley/D.Lee are the next wave of guys for me. Both will have opportunity but I have some reservations on both. D. Lee was already getting heavy minutes in the lead up to deadline so not like we see much of an improvement there and Beasley's fantasy game is limited more or less to PTS/3PTs.

Juancho is a wildcard that could be a big boost but it is also riskier as you are not sure how much time he will get as compared to JJ at this time. 

Melton is nice but I suspect Josh Jackson and Justise Winslow are meant to absorb the minutes on the wing. Not sure Melton will see that much of a bump when all is said and done. 

3 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Harkless, if he assumes Marcus Morris' role in NYK? Harkless was a top-40 guy not long ago.

Post ASB Knicks FO ideal lineup:

PG- Harkless

SG- Gibson

SF- Randle

PF- Portis

C- MitchRob

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Harkless, if he assumes Marcus Morris' role in NYK? Harkless was a top-40 guy not long ago.

Define not long ago and define top 40? Highest he has even been is 96 and that was 4 years ago.

• Like 1

I see people talking about Lee having big minutes before the deadline.. while that is true, having 3 chuckers removed from the team means someone has to pick up their slack and score. He had minutes before, but now he'll have the minutes and should also be one of the main focal points on offense

17 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Melton is nice but I suspect Josh Jackson and Justise Winslow are meant to absorb the minutes on the wing. Not sure Melton will see that much of a bump when all is said and done. 

That is fair. I think they won't rush Winslow at all given its a back injury that has kept him out most of year and he is the main piece they got back in the trade. 

41 minutes ago, samtal33k said:

Have to add LNj to that Losers list 100%. Love, Drummond. He is DEAD!!

Agreed. 

Kyle Anderson could be very useful in 14+ team leagues until Winslow comes back (which is far from certain)

18 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Post ASB Knicks FO ideal lineup:

PG- Harkless

SG- Gibson

SF- Randle

PF- Portis

C- MitchRob

Barrett?

• Like 1