Flyman75

Alex Bregman 2020 Outlook

12 minutes ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

Also if you are to believe the investigation, which i do, the Astros only cheated in 2017. 

The players were granted immunity so why would they admit to 2017 and lie about 2018 and 2019?

Bless your heart.

And Manfred is Santa Claus.

tumblr_p0j5paG8Gq1txtch1o1_500.gifv

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

Also if you are to believe the investigation, which i do, the Astros only cheated in 2017. 

The players were granted immunity so why would they admit to 2017 and lie about 2018 and 2019?

The same reason if my kid was caught eating a cookie without asking, he’d admit to eating that one (if I said no punishment if you tell me the truth), but not to the other 3 that disappeared since he wasn’t caught. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

I don't believe cheaters!  Also, I would be willing to bet the Astros are going to get hit by pitchers at an extremely high rate this season, which means more chances for broken hands, wrists, elbows and other injuries.  So, I will be avoiding all Astros hitters. Plus, I don't like cheaters on my fantasy teams.  I run a clean program:)

• Thanks 1

Live look at Bregman's spring training side sessions prepping for 2020 season:

tenor.gif?itemid=3875460

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, EastboundandDown said:

I don't believe cheaters!  Also, I would be willing to bet the Astros are going to get hit by pitchers at an extremely high rate this season, which means more chances for broken hands, wrists, elbows and other injuries.  So, I will be avoiding all Astros hitters. Plus, I don't like cheaters on my fantasy teams.  I run a clean program:)

This whole throwing-at-the-Astros thing is getting so overblown. They are not going to get this ridiculous number of pitches thrown at them. It would be stupid for opposing teams to do so. Managers risk the potential of bench-clearing brawls, which will undoubtedly lead to suspensions of their own players. They risk putting free runners on base to become potential runs. They risk their own players getting thrown at and their own players potentially ending up with broken hands or wrists or possibly concussions. There might be a few tight pitches early on, but this isn't going to last for the season. If I'm managing a team, I'm sending my squad out there to beat them, and I know my best chance is to not give them free runners, to not risk having my players kicked out of a game, and to not risk having my own stars thrown at. 

Common sense says this isn't going to be the big issue that so many believe it will be. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

The same reason if my kid was caught eating a cookie without asking, he’d admit to eating that one (if I said no punishment if you tell me the truth), but not to the other 3 that disappeared since he wasn’t caught. 

Brilliant analogy lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

This whole throwing-at-the-Astros thing is getting so overblown. They are not going to get this ridiculous number of pitches thrown at them. It would be stupid for opposing teams to do so. Managers risk the potential of bench-clearing brawls, which will undoubtedly lead to suspensions of their own players. They risk putting free runners on base to become potential runs. They risk their own players getting thrown at and their own players potentially ending up with broken hands or wrists or possibly concussions. There might be a few tight pitches early on, but this isn't going to last for the season. If I'm managing a team, I'm sending my squad out there to beat them, and I know my best chance is to not give them free runners, to not risk having my players kicked out of a game, and to not risk having my own stars thrown at. 

Common sense says this isn't going to be the big issue that so many believe it will be. 

There's going to be lot of inside pitches.  And that's when you get broken bones.  

12 minutes ago, EastboundandDown said:

There's going to be lot of inside pitches.  And that's when you get broken bones.  

I believe you’re exaggerating what’s going to happen.  

11 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Keep driving the narrative. If Breg's ADP gets depressed to 2nd Round by draft time I am going to be ecstatic. 

It will be - so prepare for ecstasy.

8 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Spoken like Aaron Boone, one of the managers most directly affected by the Astros’ choice to cheat routinely and methodically.

If you love rooting for cheaters?  This is the value pick for you!

I am not sure HBPs will be an issue.  But these guys will have a lot more pressure on them to prove the past few years weren't a fluke.  

I even remember thinking this team one time was too good to be true.  I was right about that.

• Like 1

They are going to take away the one inside of the plate 

14 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

For the record, the original +/- was 83.5. 

In 2019 the Mets led the league with 95 HBP.  The Reds and As would have also hit the over and the Cubs were close at 83. 7 total teams were 80 or above. So Vegas wise, it seems like a fair number. 

The Commish is going to make the umps toss out pitchers pretty quick. That will likely keep the number high, but cap any ridiculous #s.

Edited by Bigfische

10 hours ago, BMcP said:

Spoken like Aaron Boone, one of the managers most directly affected by the Astros’ choice to cheat routinely and methodically.

Not sure if you mean that as a good thing or bad thing. Lol. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Not sure if you mean that as a good thing or bad thing. Lol. 

He said no Yankees would be in the fight. 

On 2/20/2020 at 11:27 AM, to_be_quite_frank said:

They would’ve never admitted to 2017 if they weren’t caught. The report didn’t “find” anything for 18 and 19 (although the consensus around the league is that it was definitely still going on), so they didn’t admit to it. After all the **** that has come out on this team, you’re really going to sit there and believe what these guys say?

• Like 2

The 3rd baseman stepped up to the plate in the 5th inning of Houston's spring training game against the Cardinals on Wednesday ... and he WORE one right in the back.

Bregman said afterward he didn't think it was intentional -- "It was a splitter. It just got away from him" -- but, COME ON!!!!!!

The HBP sure seemed fishy to us ... you can see the pitch -- on a 3-2 count, nonetheless -- plunked Bregman SQUARELY between the shoulder blades.

And, as you can tell from Bregman's reaction ... it wasn't exactly a lollipop!!

Alex Bregman went from 19 HRs to 31 to 41 in the prime Astro cheating years. The people that don't believe a regression's coming are the same people that believe he's 6" 0" tall, as it's listed on his MLB profile page. 

• Like 1

Something tells me Bregman may be fighting with Astros fans a bit more often on Twitter this year 

1 hour ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Alex Bregman went from 19 HRs to 31 to 41 in the prime Astro cheating years. The people that don't believe a regression's coming are the same people that believe he's 6" 0" tall, as it's listed on his MLB profile page. 

He hit 20 HR in 80 games in AA/AAA. It is a lot more naive to believe that trashcans gave him power. He can (and likely will) regress as his profile says. But if you are letting him go past the 2nd round because of this whole cheating thing, I have a bridge to sell you. This guy is a great baseball player.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jspeco9 said:

He hit 20 HR in 80 games in AA/AAA. It is a lot more naive to believe that trashcans gave him power. He can (and likely will) regress as his profile says. But if you are letting him go past the 2nd round because of this whole cheating thing, I have a bridge to sell you. This guy is a great baseball player.

Agree 100%. I’m not going to be thrilled selecting him because I think he’s a bit of a douche and the cheating was ridiculous, but I like winning in fantasy and Bregman should still deliver elite runs, RBI’s, and average. He’s also dropped 15lbs this year in terms of improving his mobility so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get back to double digit steals. Even if his home run production drops to 30-35, he’ll still be a valuable asset.

13 minutes ago, jspeco9 said:

All I'm saying is that it's quite possible he's closer to Javier Baez then the player he's being drafted to be. I also think you're a bit naive if you don't think him knowing what pitches were being thrown didn't help him increase his HR totals in 2018 and 2019. In OBP leagues he's an absolute beast...in roto I'm not so sure.